Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in Oct ?

Oh wow I'm so sorry. I hope things get better.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Sending prayers to @@395Ron . This makes me feel so sad for him & his family! He was so supportive to all of us & now he is the one going through such a rough time. May God bring healing to Ron & a quick recovery. Strength & comfort to his family during this trying time!!

They gave me a picc line, no eating or drinking for a month. attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1446915232.946946.jpg

What is a picc line?

A central venous catheter, also called a central line, is a long, thin, flexible tube used to give medicines, fluids, nutrients, or blood products over a long period of time, usually several weeks or more. A catheter is often inserted in the arm or chest through the skin into a large vein. The catheter is threaded through this vein until it reaches a large vein near the heart.
Hope things turn around fast for you!!

They gave me a picc line, no eating or drinking for a month. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1446915232.946946.jpg

What is a picc line?

A central venous catheter, also called a central line, is a long, thin, flexible tube used to give medicines, fluids, nutrients, or blood products over a long period of time, usually several weeks or more. A catheter is often inserted in the arm or chest through the skin into a large vein. The catheter is threaded through this vein until it reaches a large vein near the heart.

I hope you feel better soon! Prayers to you and Ron!!!!

Hello all,

I hope you all had successful surgeries and are well on your way to your goals and dreams. You guys have made me cry with your kindness and my wife has been very thankful for the support as well. I can’t thank you enough.

My story:

I am back among the living. Still have some recovery and therapy ahead of me but I have made it home. The doctors tell me I am lucky to be alive. I think it was all the prayers, thoughts, and well wishes that helped me pull through.

For those that do not know:

6 Oct Gastric Bypass

9 Oct Complication – Operation to fix a small bowel obstruction. During this operation, as they were putting me under, I threw up into my lungs. My lungs were now filled and not operating. They sent me to another hospital but they couldn't do anything for me. They finally flew me to University of Maryland Medical Center. Where they saved my life.

They hooked me up to ECMO https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extracorporeal_membrane_oxygenation

I had the Veno-venous (VV) type. At one point my wife said I had 18 different IV bags hanging on my pole. As a result of the procedure I have four blood clots in my body and will be on blood thinners for another 3 to 6 months. So I have to have my blood drawn to monitor my blood thinner levels twice a week.

I am currently home and walking with a walker. I have PT coming 3 times a week and a nurse coming twice a week to draw blood and check my wounds.

I am tired now and need to take a nap. I hope my energy levels return soon. Thank you once again for all the thoughts, prayers and well wishes. I hope to catch up on this thread but it will take me a while.

Blessed to be among the living.

Wow, Ron… I finally get back here, anxious to welcome you back, only to hear that you are back at the hospital once again for a possible blood clot. This is just so heartbreaking, We thought you might be finally be back on track and moving forward…. so hate that a new complication has arisen, it is just not fair. You just cannot catch a break, my friend. I truly hope this is the last of the complications and you can be on your way, continuing the journey of which you were so excited to begin. Please keep us posted and know that we are all here for you.

They gave me a picc line, no eating or drinking for a month. attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1446915232.946946.jpg

I've had trouble catching up with posts, @CHELLB32, but I'm so sorry to hear you've had a set back... For what reason did they need to do the picc line? Sorry if I missed the explanation... I get this thread confused with the other Oct surgery thread, lol, so sometimes miss some things...

I've had trouble catching up with posts, @CHELLB32, but I'm so sorry to hear you've had a set back... For what reason did they need to do the picc line? Sorry if I missed the explanation... I get this thread confused with the other Oct surgery thread, lol, so sometimes miss some things...
They took blood work and saw that I didn't have enough nutrition since I couldn't keep anything down. So they gave me the pic line and I receive TPN through it.

Home once again.

I really am tired of all this stuff. My emotional piggy bank is drained and I hope to get a chance to refill it reading your guys posts.

I had a blood clot in my right lung. I was in so much pain it took 6 shots of their strongest medication to get it under control.

I have to say this has not been a fun journey so far.

I am walking on a walker where just a month ago I was walking 6 miles. It is a struggle to get up the 7 steps in our house. I have to sit in a chair when using the shower because I am unsteady on my feet and can't stand that long.

It is time to begin recovery but I am so scared of the next foot dropping. I am going to end this post because it feels more like a pitty party. I need time to recharge my batteries.

My wife has been my rock. She has had to go through so much during this time.

Thank you all for being here and keeping me in your hearts.

Edited by 395Ron

@@395Ron I cannot even begin to imagine how tired you are. But you also need to realize how strong we all think you are. A person of less fortitude who have given up long ago and yet here you are getting better each day. That makes you a role model. Don't look behind, only ahead and ahead is only better things. I am so happy for that you are home again and on the healing road.a year from now you are going to look back on this and know that it was all worth it. I personally am so glad that you are back,as I stated before our little group is just not the same without you. So keep getting stronger because we expect to keep hearing from you on a regular basis!!!

On a whole new topic, my hubby Kevin goes in for his surgery Thursday and I wish you could see what a baby thus big,strong man has been about this liquid pre op diet!!!! I am almost positive I saw him looking at our weenie dog, Gidgett, and drooling. I'm just glad there was no mustard in the house!! Lol.

@@395Ron Glad to hear you are home and on the road to recovery. I'm sorry you had to go through all of this and will continue to pray for a speedy recovery for you and your wife. You got this!

@@395Ron So glad to hear you are finally on the road to recovery! As you always said "we got this"! I know you don't feel like it right now but the time will come when this is all a faded memory! Praying always for a speedy recovery for you!

@395Ron... WELCOME BACK RON!!! It is so great to hear from you. I'm glad you're on your road of recovery. Keep up the great work and you and you're family continue to be in my prayers.

@CHELLEB33 How are you feeling?

I'm feeling much better. I was released yesterday evening from the hospital. They felt I was doing pretty good so they removed the picc line. Right now just trying to stay hydrated it's so hard for me to get all my fluids in. How do you guys do it?

@CHELLEB33 Some days I barely get 12 oz of Water in. Others I get 50..it just depends. Just hang in there. I just wanted to check on you as I know you are having a unusually hard time. If you have any questions just ask. I will do my best to help and if I don't have the answers I know one of these amazing guys or girls will!!