Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Onederland and a wedding

Well I have finally reached Onederland. I am at 197lbs from 323lbs being sleeved on 01/31/2015. My goal was 200 however I am still seeing how everything is evening out as I am 6'2 so I do have a little more to go. I went to a wedding last night and wasn't sure how it would go. I knew there would be an open bar and in the past I would of been on it immediately. I have not had any alcohol since my surgery and was planning on possibly having one drink last night. Also, the food was buffet style so there was that as well. I gotta say everything went well and I felt pretty "normal." I did have a drink which did give me a little buzz and we pretty much danced the whole time. Then came the wedding cake. I had a half of a piece and that was it. As of now, I don't really have a certain food that particularly bothers my stomach. The thing is I noticed it wasn't my stomach that stopped me from eating the rest of that cake. It was me. This surgery is such a great tool and has helped me in many ways, however I am very happy that I did not have to rely on it last night to tell me when to stop, it was me. I just wanted to share this because I know that it can be very hard after the surgery figuring out what is normal for you. The thing is to remember that everyones normal is different. You will find it though. No matter how long it takes you will get there.

Onederland 197lbs from 323lbs sleeved 01/31/2015.

@@suitechicguy

onderland!!!!

wonderful milestone

staying away from open bar

watching yourself at the buffet

you are aces dude

thanx for sharing your experience

127 lbs down!!!!

terrific weight loss

keep up the good work

kathy

congrats

Awesome!!

Wow!! Congratulations on the amazing success you have had!

That's awesome!!! It's so inspiring to hear what you said. I hope I will be like that. I'm only 2 months out and feel like I have said no easily. I know it will be different when I am able to eat more, but I'm glad to hear it was easy for you. So happy for you!

Congrats on onderland!!! I am wanting to be there so badly!! You have done so well!! I sleeved 11/2015... HW-355 CW-223

I am so very thrilled with my success by my goal is 180. I am 5'4" and should weigh less than my goal but it's to unrealistic to me.

I feel like I have been hovering around 223 for a bit. How many carbs do you have per day? Do you exercise a lot? Just reaching for help to reach onderland????

Congratulations on onederland

Thanks everyone! @@mgates You are doing awesome! I gotta say that I haven't really been logging my food regularly to know how many carbs I get daily. I know that sounds terrible, but I kind of just know when I need some more. I do get stalls and know that I am either not eating enough or need to throw some more good carbs or a little more fat in and that usually helps me get things going again. As far as exercise, walking has been my best friend and I have been doing light weights. Im now at the point where I need to up my weights and do more cardio. It is a lot harder for me to sweat now, so Ive been trying to kick it up with some of the Beachboy workouts like 21 Day Fix and CIZE. I used to go to Zumba classes awhile ago and loved the workout I get from them so I might be starting that up soon again. I do make sure to have a little more healthy Snacks and Protein when I exercise harder and I up my Water in take as well. I pretty much stuck with everything that I was suppose to follow according to my plan from my doctor. However, as I get lower and lower I kind of just try some things out to see how they will help me with continuing to lose. I hope at least some of this helps. Everyone is different so it all depends on your body and what you feel it needs. You will be at Onederland before you know it!

Congrats! Feels great doesn't it!