Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Former csection mommies

Add me too girl!!!! This pain is nothing but nothing compare to a csection!!!! This is smooth and doesn't even hurt as much!!! I was dreading the first walk or even peeing after the sleeve!!! Lol i went when i really was about to pee in bed and when I got up I told the nurse geez you should of told me this was nothing like a csection I would of been peeing and walking!!! Lol good luck to you!!!

Omg c-sections were so much worse than this! I too held my pee till I couldn't hold it no more and the nurse didn't want me to walk yet, she brought me a bed pan and I couldn't pee no matter what! As soon as the nurse left, I told hubby to unhook me from my compression socks and unplug my IV. Once I got up to pee, I never wanted to sit back down. It felt so much better to walk around...as soon as I laid down the gas would come back. I'm a week and a half out and am full of energy. Best choice I've made for MYSELF EVER!!!

Edited by UalreadyKnow

This gives me hope! I have had two c sections. If I did that, I can do this!!

This gives me hope! I have had two c sections. If I did that, I can do this!!

Yes you can totally do this. Hey you were brave to have two lol :) good luck it gets better

I have had three C-sections and they were MUCH WORSE than the sleeve. I went back to work (PT desk job) five days after my sleeve. I was tired and moved slow, but was fine! My hubby went back to work (FT desk job) in seven days. The pain is minimal and absolutely nothing like a C-section (in my opinion).

I think they are about even for me but my C-section was 8 years ago so I'm not sure. I got up and walked as soon as I could after both of these procedures to help with the pain though.

Great question! I've had 3 c sections and didn't consider recovery of them to be bad. However, I had my gall bladder removed and that was horrid! I had bad pain for 2 weeks. Everyone said gall bladder removal was a piece of cake but I really struggled, so much I wonder if I just had a bad surgeon or something. I haven't had the sleeve yet but hope it's not like the gall bladder removal I experienced 6 years ago! My last c section was 2 years ago and was the easiest one by far.

Great question! I've had 3 c sections and didn't consider recovery of them to be bad. However, I had my gall bladder removed and that was horrid! I had bad pain for 2 weeks. Everyone said gall bladder removal was a piece of cake but I really struggled, so much I wonder if I just had a bad surgeon or something. I haven't had the sleeve yet but hope it's not like the gall bladder removal I experienced 6 years ago! My last c section was 2 years ago and was the easiest one by far.

Wow that's crazy! My gallbladder was easily the quickest and least painful of the three! I was raring to go from the minute I woke up from surgery. Part of it was probably that I had gone undiagnosed for years and didn't realize how badly it had been making me feel all that time and I finally felt GOOD. But really, it was very easy for me. I do wonder if you had a bad surgeon.

Wow that's crazy! My gallbladder was easily the quickest and least painful of the three! I was raring to go from the minute I woke up from surgery. Part of it was probably that I had gone undiagnosed for years and didn't realize how badly it had been making me feel all that time and I finally felt GOOD. But really, it was very easy for me. I do wonder if you had a bad surgeon.

Yeah. I was told it was no biggie. Man I wasn't prepared!! She told me after the gall bladder removal that one of my stones was extremely large. I can imagine that made things more difficult but not to have pain like I had. I could barely stand up straight, let alone walk. It was awful. My c sections though we're a breeze. I am going to chalk my gall bladder up to a fluke experience because I don't know anyone else who felt like I did from it.

I wouldn't even compare the two! I had 2 sections, the VSG was more soreness than the pain from the CS's. I had staples with my last section...sleeve...steri strips!