Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Balloon Procedure Booked!

Band or another. I wanted this really bad. I understand that it depends on my commitment and I'm all in. Was suing I have 50 to lose. I'd love to see more balloon people on here. I'm aware of mixed opinions but I'm really excited. I want to be healthy and around for my family for a long time. Goodnight everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keep us updated islesdriveforfive and ChiSue2015. Since this is so new I am sure many of us would like to know how it works for you.

48 hours in and I'm feeling better. Only threw up once. Had some dry heaves and really nasty heartburn. Not hungry. Have eaten a packet of baby food veggies with chickbpeas and an Italian ice. Working on drinking as much Water as I can. I actually love Water but I can't gulp it the way I'm used to. Did it in Chicago. I'm impressed so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello!

I live in New York also and wanted to go to Dr. Garber for the reshape balloon. Could you tell me the cost he quoted you?

I also just had the orbera balloon procedure , and agree with the earlier statement about blurry vision , I had the same reaction while using my iPad or phone . I had my procedure in St. Louis , I have been sticking to the post op diet they gave me. post-56040-14457383254016_thumb.jpg

Edited by jeff636

Hi everyone. I am guessing that because this procedure was just recently approved in the United States that it's not being covered by any medical insurance plans yet, but I could be wrong. Does anybody know the answer? Does anybody know the cost that's being quoted?

Please share what you know.

Thanks.

Sue

Too bad the balloon patients haven't been back. Fascinating to learn about.

That was an interesting read. The balloon patients seem to have lots more nausea than the sleeve patients. I didn't have nausea at all, and was able to get my fluids in from day 1. Sure would like to learn more.

I am getting a gastric balloon this Friday. I haven't been able to find anyone who has had it done until this forum.

I'm wondering if any of the ballooners could come back and update us on the progress and how it's going.

I had the Oberra Ballon placed in October.

The procedure was a breeze. I was a self pay 7k .

I have lost approx 34 lbs so far 17 in the first two weeks.

The first 2 weeks are bad . I was sick most of the time and did not eat much . Try and follow your Dr. Instruction. Take off work at least a week. You will be sick

5 weeks in and things are better you will learn how much you can eat pretty quick .when you eat too much you will feel miserable and probably purge .

No soda, no oils or butter no greasy foods because they will make you sick . I found mushy foods are the best.

Acid reflux can be bad also. You will learn what you can eat to prevent this.

I will try and answer your questions. Go for it.... it works be strong

Thanks so much for your reply! I feel better hearing this. I am also paying $7,000 and I'm my Dr.'s first official patient.

Did you tell people you were doing it, and/or are you telling people now? I've had mixed reactions with people I've told. I'm debating telling anyone else.

Just told my Wife.. nobody else's business . Not everything needs to be socialized.

Make sure your Dr. Gives you plenty of med prior to procedure. My Dr prescribed Emend for 3 days prior, expensive but we'll worth not being sick for the first few days.

I just got my Reshape on 2/11. Nausea and vomiting are still a problem. Maybe I was too optimistic about feeling better after 3 days. I should have taken time off of work. I'm not sure how I will be able to work tomorrow, day 4. Sigh.....