Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders #7

You look great!! I happen to also do a cruise and am home 3 days!! Did well eating...a few deserts. Took the stairs always. And my 30 year old kids walked the hell out of me.... I did not go to the on board gym. Oh well!! Today at gym!

• Like 3

On 5/17/2018 at 1:05 PM, Julie norton said:

You look great!! I happen to also do a cruise and am home 3 days!! Did well eating...a few deserts. Took the stairs always. And my 30 year old kids walked the hell out of me.... I did not go to the on board gym. Oh well!! Today at gym!

Following the cruise was a trip to HI on Business and a few days off. Put on a couple of lbs but lost it pretty quick.

Now just trying to get my BMI under 30

• Like 1

You are a great inspiration to this long term bander. Congratulations... hope the flights were ok with the band. (I noticed I had to eat very light on those long flights .). Time goes on. But I am determined, as you are, to never slip too far back!!
  • Like 2

On 5/25/2018 at 11:24 AM, Julie norton said:

You are a great inspiration to this long term bander. Congratulations... hope the flights were ok with the band. (I noticed I had to eat very light on those long flights .). Time goes on. But I am determined, as you are, to never slip too far back!!

I have flown about 400,000 miles in the last 10 years and have never had much problems on long or short flights except for those over 8 hours it seems a little tight for a meal or to.

Just trying to stay involved with this website seems for me it is a great accountability tool. Seems like I gain my weight when I stay away. I definitely need inspiration as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy Fourth, Banders!
  • Like 2

Thanks JWM. Hope we all have some sort of celebration today

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

• Like 1

Hometown parade. (I was in it....in 1965)
  • Like 1

Going to Long Beach CA to see Fireworks from the Queen Mary

Ok. August is upon us. It would be nice to see a few posts ... however brief... from some veterans Successful or not quite, I miss you!!
  • Like 2

Except for a couple a months in 2016 I am back under 180. This is the lightest I been in more than 35 years. Next month I will have had my lap band for 11 years. I do not know if I will ever reach my weight goal I can do much more that I could ever have imagined.

Even when I have gained weight I have managed to stop the insanity and get back on the program. While I am not a perfect bandster by any means I do make far more good choices than bad ones.

I need to be careful that I do not sabotage my self the the few time that I have gotten down near the weight that I am now I seem to think that I no longer need to watch what I put in my mouth and stop exercising and then I gain some weight back.

I am looking forward to what lies ahead and will not keep looking back.

• Like 1

Congratulations jfc.
I’m happy you are down to a comfortable weight... some of us ahem.. mature ones like to think of high school weight as a great area for us.
This world is easier to navigate at a “normal” weight. Whatever that means to each of us
11years. Wow .
  • Like 2

Hi all you veterans! I haven't posted for ages but just wanted to let everyone know that I've still got my band (unfilled but not removed) and still maintaining a good 67 pound weight loss. I hope all of you are well!

beforeafter.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Banders!

Struggling with about 15-20 pounds up over the last 12 months. I had another fill a few months ago, and I can tell the difference, but that does not seem to be the problem. Anyway, I just wanted to post to let everybody know that I’m still here and I am still trudging along. I don’t check this website very often, but I am glad to see you long timers here.
  • Like 1