Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders #7

You look great!! I happen to also do a cruise and am home 3 days!! Did well eating...a few deserts. Took the stairs always. And my 30 year old kids walked the hell out of me.... I did not go to the on board gym. Oh well!! Today at gym!

On 5/17/2018 at 1:05 PM, Julie norton said:

You look great!! I happen to also do a cruise and am home 3 days!! Did well eating...a few deserts. Took the stairs always. And my 30 year old kids walked the hell out of me.... I did not go to the on board gym. Oh well!! Today at gym!

Following the cruise was a trip to HI on Business and a few days off. Put on a couple of lbs but lost it pretty quick.

Now just trying to get my BMI under 30

You are a great inspiration to this long term bander. Congratulations... hope the flights were ok with the band. (I noticed I had to eat very light on those long flights .). Time goes on. But I am determined, as you are, to never slip too far back!!

On 5/25/2018 at 11:24 AM, Julie norton said:

You are a great inspiration to this long term bander. Congratulations... hope the flights were ok with the band. (I noticed I had to eat very light on those long flights .). Time goes on. But I am determined, as you are, to never slip too far back!!

I have flown about 400,000 miles in the last 10 years and have never had much problems on long or short flights except for those over 8 hours it seems a little tight for a meal or to.

Just trying to stay involved with this website seems for me it is a great accountability tool. Seems like I gain my weight when I stay away. I definitely need inspiration as well.

Going to Long Beach CA to see Fireworks from the Queen Mary

Except for a couple a months in 2016 I am back under 180. This is the lightest I been in more than 35 years. Next month I will have had my lap band for 11 years. I do not know if I will ever reach my weight goal I can do much more that I could ever have imagined.

Even when I have gained weight I have managed to stop the insanity and get back on the program. While I am not a perfect bandster by any means I do make far more good choices than bad ones.

I need to be careful that I do not sabotage my self the the few time that I have gotten down near the weight that I am now I seem to think that I no longer need to watch what I put in my mouth and stop exercising and then I gain some weight back.

I am looking forward to what lies ahead and will not keep looking back.

Congratulations jfc.
I’m happy you are down to a comfortable weight... some of us ahem.. mature ones like to think of high school weight as a great area for us.
This world is easier to navigate at a “normal” weight. Whatever that means to each of us
11years. Wow .

Hi all you veterans! I haven't posted for ages but just wanted to let everyone know that I've still got my band (unfilled but not removed) and still maintaining a good 67 pound weight loss. I hope all of you are well!

beforeafter.jpg

Hi Banders!

Struggling with about 15-20 pounds up over the last 12 months. I had another fill a few months ago, and I can tell the difference, but that does not seem to be the problem. Anyway, I just wanted to post to let everybody know that I’m still here and I am still trudging along. I don’t check this website very often, but I am glad to see you long timers here.

On 08/15/2018 at 11:08, parisshel said:

Hi all you veterans! I haven't posted for ages but just wanted to let everyone know that I've still got my band (unfilled but not removed) and still maintaining a good 67 pound weight loss. I hope all of you are well!

beforeafter.jpg

Beautiful! You’re an inspiration.

On 8/18/2018 at 5:34 AM, JustWatchMe said:

Hi Banders!

Struggling with about 15-20 pounds up over the last 12 months. I had another fill a few months ago, and I can tell the difference, but that does not seem to be the problem. Anyway, I just wanted to post to let everybody know that I’m still here and I am still trudging along. I don’t check this website very often, but I am glad to see you long timers here.

Thanks for sharing I gained about 45 lbs from April 2016 to November 17 so I know what your are going through. I had stopped exercising, eating way to many slider foods, stopped going to the DR. and pretty much stay away from this board.

Kept telling myself that I would get back on track and did not seem to get motivated.

Well my primary DR finally caught up with me and my blood sugar was out of whack and my a1c was 8.1.

The one thing I did notice was when I finally got on track again that it has taken me 9 months to get off the 45 lbs so it seems the older I get the slower the weight tends to come off.

As far as a fill go as I have mentioned before I cannot tolerate anymore than 1 cc in my 4 cc band.

My Blood sugars is under control and my last A1c was 5.2 so health wise I am doing just fine.

Your weight gain might seem like a lot to you and it might seem like your just "trudging along" Just do not stay away and check in when possible.