Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders #7

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:04 AM, JustWatchMe said:

How are my peeps? I’m frustrated with ten pounds that won’t budge since summer. I did a two-day P rotein S hake reset this week and I thought I’d never make it. lol. How the heck I managed six weeks post-op on l iquids is beyond me.

Hey girls , bet you thought I had dropped off the earth.. still here still doing well, I am a little bit over my goal weight, now 135, I think I have been happy in love and eating out too much. had my skin surgery in March, feel so much better without the apron. my guy has had a few health issues but overall we are still doing great, went to Vegas in June going to go again in January.

I will try to attach picture . I think about all of you often, we also had a hurricane and were without power for 5 days It was difficult but no damage and no injuries. keep praying for the people in Puerto Rico it must be horrible for them.I'm like you Liz, no exercise and no control over sugar again. long term success is difficult. I still am happy I Had it done and have restriction, too much sometimes not enough other times. I had a hard time logging in , forgot my password but finally figured it out.

I will be checking in more I need all the support I can get.

Okay ladies, Big News.. My guy proposed to me this past Tuesday nite. We normally sing karoke on Tuesday nites with a group of friends. apparently he invited the whole world to this event without my knowledge. We arrived as usual and everyone I mean everyone I knew was there. didn't think about it much except I commented on wow I see people who I haven't seen in months. his response was well I did tell them your birthday was this week so they might have come for that? Long story short, he sang "I Swear" which is by john micheal Montgomery, (country song).. and then asked me to come up front, he dropped on his knee and totally took me by surprise,. gave me a beautiful diamond ring, It couldn't have been more romantic. I am such a lucky woman. apparently my best friend and him had it planned.. he bought champagne for everyone and of course I said Yes.. lol so now my motivation to lose some lbs will be our wedding which we haven't set a date for yet. My 71st birthday is today and I am feeling very blessed. Hope you all are well and have a wonderful holiday.

bobmebday.jpg

Congrats!! What wonderful news. Funny story in a similar vein....Corey got down on one knee last night as we were walking around the Christmas Shoppes in Union Square and one of the vendors got so excited...he thought he was seeing a proposal until I dashed the guy's hopes. I knew that Corey was down on one knee tying his shoelace. :P

that is so funny Liz, I was completely surprised but of course excited. I am a very lucky woman at my age to find someone who is just a loving, interesting, kind man. We enjoy so many things together. I truly feel blessed. Glad to hear you and Corey are still together.

How are my peeps? I’m frustrated with ten pounds that won’t budge since summer. I did a two-day P rotein S hake reset this week and I thought I’d never make it. lol. How the heck I managed six weeks post-op on l iquids is beyond me.

Oops. Meant to reply to all

Glad to hear of Joy in this group! Life continues to change.
So happy for Sharpie and Liz to enjoy their lives with a great person

Tomorrow marks 11 years for my good ole lapband
Things are well. I have less than 1 in my 4 capacity band and is fairly on my shoulders... this is where it gets a bit rough.
Silly me, kinda thought I understood And went along. Now I am up a size and over 15 lb gain... still happy. Still rather normal
Feeling, but no more.
New sleep meds have helped and. Life goes on

JWM. I'm always glad to read your posts. New house. Empty nester
No husband ...is that all there is? I'm ok if it is

Sharpie, I’m so happy for you! What a joyful Christmas! Liz, that’s funny!! Julie, your eleven years of success truly inspire me!

These were great posts to wake up to today.

Happy New Year to my band buddies. I read an inspirational meditation this morning that said the hard work is done. Now you have reached your reward. Now it is time to learn joy. I’m not big on resolutions but I can sure use that in 2018.

Much happiness to you all.

Happy New Day and Year!!

all is well here on the ca coast. Need rain again as dec was 3rd dryest on record ( NY looks cold!!!) but very mild Xmas and NYeve

however. Today is fresh... I can try to be a better person this year.

i know that is kinda vague.... but it was what I wanted to try hardest at. You know... patience.....kindness.... thankfulness

hope all my cyber bander friends are well. You do help me to know I'm not the only one with victories and defeats in this life and size and self image thing ......

hope '18 is joyful

jules

Hi Girls. Happy New Year to everyone. I'm up to 163 lbs and have to stop making excuses. I can't fit into any of my clothes and everyone is unhappy with me from my doctor to my masseuse. I have three months to lose weight or will have to get another fill. I don't want to do it because I already get stuck more often than I care to. I have to reset and not allow myself to waver from my goal which is to get back to 135 lbs. I hope you are all well and here's to 2018! This time next year, I expect to be closer than further from my target weight.

I think it would help me if I checked in here more often. Just hearing from others who are fighting the good fight each day helps me.

Liz, we can do this!

Just got stood up on a first date with someone on Match. Tell me again why this is worth it?

And I look DAMN GOOD tonight too. Loser.

Ugh. His loss. Dating, online or the old fashioned way is tough. I approached it like a job and saw it as an end to a means. I got really lucky and found Corey...who is sitting next to me as I type. What can I say about a man who is willing to watch the Ladies US Figure Skating Championship because it's what I want to watch? :)

Good to see some old faces. I had my band unfilled back in June after I had a stent put in an artery. I did OK but I'd gained weight due to not being able to exercise from a blocked artery. Had my surgeon put a few CCs in yesterday. Back on the Bandwagon again.

Sorry to crash your #7 but so glad to see some of the old crowd are still around. I've got to lose 30 lbs to get back to my fighting weight. I'll be lurking if you don't mind.

TTFN

too much fun, it's good to see you are still here. lurking is fine. I've been lurking myself. my 5 year bandiversery is the 15th of this month. I am still happy I made the decision to get healthy and I have gained about 5 lbs over the past 5 years mostly this last year because of letting my guard down. Dating and becoming engaged this past year has made me happy and I have eaten more . I have to get myself back on the program now so I don't get out of control. Take Care and keep us posted on your progress.