Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders #7

How's everyone doing? I'm trying to get this final 30 pounds off. I gave up cheese most recently. Grrrrrrr.....

How's everyone doing? I'm trying to get this final 30 pounds off. I gave up cheese most recently. Grrrrrrr.....

I need to give up more than a few items.
And I'm overdue for a fill.... almost empty right now....still need my crutch apparently...
kinda thought I could depend on just me.... not true in my case. About a month or so in, little adds creep in
I can do this... again

Hi All!!

Back on the boards these days doing some revision research....cause I am still very undecided about what to do.

I had the band removed on August 9th and recovery has been a road let me tell ya! It actually was a bit more painful due to the muscle dissection to remove the port. The incisions healed nicely no infections just muscle soreness for a few weeks. Of course though with my father in law in rehab, hubby got super sick with bronchitis and brought that home along with a wicked stomach flu virus and you know I caught that in a heart beat and we have been sick since! Horrible bug really. I am back to work now after having to take another week off for that illness and honestly feeling better now.

For some reason my body did not like having the band inside, it just kept rebelling against it with inflammation all over the place. It was making me so sick, and the reflux and prolapse of the band was just the final straw in a two year battle to get things to calm down.

So...here I am post band removal...and wondering if doing another surgery is something to consider given all the issues I had with this one. Who knows if my body will accept being altered and rewired it didn't accept the hardware :)

Hi Everyone. I don't know that we need a Banders #8 as there are so few of us left here. If I need to start another one, I will. Sorry you and Ken are having a hard time Lisa. I saw on FB...

So for me...I'm having trouble getting my food intake under control. I've had another fill but I find myself stress eating. I'm around 150 lbs. now and that's too much. I keep saying I'll lose 10-15 lbs but so far, I'm not doing what I say I will.

I even eat when I know I'm likely going to get stuck. I do and still don't seem to learn my lesson. I just have to re-dedicate myself and not use work, or other stresses in my life as excuses.

When I had my back surgery and recovery, I went off track. It's been six months since and I'm still not focused. Will have to do better...

FYI, all my family and friends in Florida are well. Some a little worse for wear but no one got hurt and no one is dealing with major damage. It was scary for a while with my folks especially as they have health issues but again, everyone got through it better than we expected.

Thanks for checking in and letting me have a place to talk about the realities of maintenance.

Liz

Hi Gowalking the same here , I think I will call for a fill also , I was doing so good but I went to my country for a week and gained 5 pounds and I was eating carbs and sugar stuff again and now is getting hard to be back on track, our fat brain is a traitor 😂 But I will go back to my 1,000 calories at day watching my carbs and sugar intake good luck to us!!

Edited by Yadiordz

Went to schedule a fill... dang, Dr retired... trying to find a new Dr to fill... all are about 45 minutes away. Some do not adjust bands..

Harder task than I thought

Back to mixing Protein Drinks.

I swear I am not going backwards... too far ...

Harder than I thought.

Still apparently have "fat brain "

"syndrome. Sigh

And I'm trying to track down surgery documents from almost 11 years ago, and my original Doc has retired.

Life still goes on. Choices to make every day

But WLS is the "easy way out", right?

Nope. Nope. Nope. The struggle is real.

It's much better for me banded than without, but I am eating between 1200-1300 calories a day and I can't get below 178.

If I'm not vigilant or if I make too many exceptions, five to ten pounds comes on immediately.

Lisa, I do love my band, but if I were doing this for the first time today, I would opt for the sleeve.

I just had to get a new general practitioner because my other one retired. I will miss him. He was the one that approved me for weight-loss surgery. So I found another doctor in the same location, and I told her I was a bariatric patient. I asked her if she had other lap band patients in her practice. She said oh yes but you must be the poster child for LapBand. Most of my patients do not have success with the band.

I was taken aback by that comment. It also made me a bit nervous. In terms of long-term success I mean.

Well, I just keep thinking that Alex here has had success for over a dozen years. So far, I have not had one stitch of trouble with my band. I know I am at the right restriction level because I still do get stuck if I eat too quickly or don't chew well enough.

So for today I guess I'm in good shape. This final 30 pounds won't come off unless I up my exercise, and I am just too lazy and unwilling to do that. So for that, I have nobody to blame except myself.

Hey girls , bet you thought I had dropped off the earth.. still here still doing well, I am a little bit over my goal weight, now 135, I think I have been happy in love and eating out too much. had my skin surgery in March, feel so much better without the apron. my guy has had a few health issues but overall we are still doing great, went to Vegas in June going to go again in January.

I will try to attach picture . I think about all of you often, we also had a hurricane and were without power for 5 days It was difficult but no damage and no injuries. keep praying for the people in Puerto Rico it must be horrible for. them, . I had a hard time logging in , forgot my password but finally figured it out.

I will be checking in more I need all the support I can get.

Universal day 1.jpg

Hi folks. Does anyone still read this thread? I’m doing okay but struggling with ten pounds I added this summer. It’s not a fill problem. I’m overdoing salads big time. Anyway, how is everyone?

I'm still here!! I'm struggling with weight gain and am not at all happy about it. I'm stress eating and also finding it hard to watch my intake especially as Corey is all about the food. I'm not blaming him....this is my responsibility to be accountable for my food choices but I am indeed having a hard time at the moment. The good news is that I am happy as can be in my relationship and am looking forward to co-habitating sometime next year hopefully. Work sucks and that is the cause of much of my stress but I am looking at the big picture which for me is three more years in the workforce and then early retirement. Couldn't come fast enough for me...lol.

I’m trying to get used to the idea of dating. I’ve met a half dozen men on Match for coffee, and I think something is subconsciously sending me back to the food. I really love my new life, my new home, and the freedom of being a true empty nester. I’m not even sure why I feel the pressure to find a partner. I like the attention, I suppose. Man, this is complicated.

Best of luck JWM

The last guy that flirted with me worked at a grocery store and I think cut his own hair. He was really trying to engage me with his offers of 1/2 off sandwiches....
nice enough guy. not quite
What I was thinking
I ignore 99% of the other sex.... (truly not interested since hubby passed)
You go find a decent match and I'll live vicariously through you[emoji95]

How are my peeps? I’m frustrated with ten pounds that won’t budge since summer. I did a two-day P rotein S hake reset this week and I thought I’d never make it. lol. How the heck I managed six weeks post-op on l iquids is beyond me.