Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders #7

yes I totally know how you feel. When Bob was in the hospital last week I felt like a lost puppy even though I spent as much time as I could with him, I spent the first night after surgery in his room. he was so sick I stayed up all night hoping he would be okay . we both are so happy when we are together it's scary. I almost forgot how my life was without him. he must have told me 20 times how much he loved me when he was waiting for surgery, think the drugs had him a little nutty.. lol anyway I know that I hate sleeping without him also.. even now he is still sore and not recovered we have to be careful how we cuddle.. I am amazed at how much I love him already . my daughter is finally getting better about him being with me. so, I hope cory is able to stay close to you. Life is such a adventure sometimes , but its all supposed to work out. Take care of yourself and you are in my prayers.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:47 PM, gowalking said:

Aren't we lucky to have found love a second time?

I think I am very lucky to have found someone like Bob. at my age I had thought that part of my life was over.

Did anybody else have to give up s alads in order to lose more weight? I'm kinda bummed because I love me my big s alads but I know I've been overdoing it. Even just using balsamic vinegar and a little oil I've maintained this weight due to the c heese and seeds and croutons I add in. Sigh. I guess it's yet another comfort f ood it's time to let go of. Solid dense p rotein and a measured vegetable instead. I really want to get this final 25 pounds off.

Hello, to update I went to the Orthopedic surgeon on 3/24 and learned after testing and x-rays that I have severe osteoarthritis in both knees, no cartilage in either and I need double knee replacement. At age 55 and having a current BMI too high for my height (5'3") doctor wants me to lose significant weight and try to get by 10 years.

I started Meloxicam 7.5 mg 2x a day and cortisone shots every 90 days. Dr. also recommends a Mediterranean diet to help cut inflammation. First set of shots and arthritis meds have started to offer some relief this weekend. Grateful as I need to learn how to exercise given no cartilage in knees. Doctor recommends a swimming pool. We live in the country and I work remotely most days. Ordered a DVD to strengthen knees muscles and just starting use exercise bike. Keeping fingers crossed exercise helps with my weight loss.

If you have knee issues or suggestions on diet or exercise, please share. I'm​ grateful for my lapband, but expect I need exercise to see the scale move and give my knees some relief. Thank you.

Lap-banded and love it!

Hope the swimming helps treadmiller Can I just say it is so nice to read about working Lapland's? So much negativity elsewhere on these boards. Thus is a nice group that is fortunate to have luck with the band. I do see many others having issues. Hopeful for more years!

Hope the swimming helps treadmiller Can I just say it is so nice to read about working Lapland's? So much negativity elsewhere on these boards. Thus is a nice group that is fortunate to have luck with the band. I do see many others having issues. Hopeful for more years!

I love my band. Love love love

Hi all. Just an update that I had my surgery a week ago. I'm dealing with typical post-op pain but the important thing is that I'm walking upright with no more leg pain. Once the incision pain and other related discomforts recede, I am thinking I'll be good to go again. Had a bad day yesterday because I couldn't make it to Opening Day which was really important to me. I spent the day feeling very sorry for myself and eating poorly but that was yesterday and today is a new day.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Liz

On 4/2/2017 at 11:33 PM, Treadmillwalker said:

Hello, to update I went to the Orthopedic surgeon on 3/24 and learned after testing and x-rays that I have severe osteoarthritis in both knees, no cartilage in either and I need double knee replacement. At age 55 and having a current BMI too high for my height (5'3") doctor wants me to lose significant weight and try to get by 10 years.

I started Meloxicam 7.5 mg 2x a day and cortisone shots every 90 days. Dr. also recommends a Mediterranean diet to help cut inflammation. First set of shots and arthritis meds have started to offer some relief this weekend. Grateful as I need to learn how to exercise given no cartilage in knees. Doctor recommends a swimming pool. We live in the country and I work remotely most days. Ordered a DVD to strengthen knees muscles and just starting use exercise bike. Keeping fingers crossed exercise helps with my weight loss.

If you have knee issues or suggestions on diet or exercise, please share. I'm grateful for my lapband, but expect I need exercise to see the scale move and give my knees some relief. Thank you.

Lap-banded and love it!

just saw this post. you may not know my story Treadmillwalker but similar to you, I needed double hip replacement. It was the reason I got WLS as my doctor said the same as yours...I was simply too heavy to have a successful procedure. I too had cortisone shots to help with the inflammation along with other anti-inflammatory measures/pain meds to help me till the weight came off. I'm lucky enough to have been living close to the Y so I spent alot of time at the pool even though I couldn't do more than just paddle around. My mobility was so compromised that even moving a little in the pool was a good thing.

All I can do is suggest you continue with your regimen as it seems to be similar to mine and keep on losing the weight as you have been. What I can tell you is that after you have the knee replacements, you will be more normal than you've been in years and will feel like you got a second chance at life. Keep that in mind from someone who's been where you are and know that a wonderful future awaits you..

[mention=142630]gowalking[/mention] - thanks for your note and encouragement. Because we live in the country I don't have a swimming pool conveniently​ nearby. I'm going to try a pedal exerciser and exercising sitting on a big rubber ball (hand weights, sit ups). My husband put different pedals on our recumbent bike, but my legs are still too big/heavy to have them extended out in front. I don't have the muscle strength to hold them up and not put pressure on my knees. I also ordered an exercise DVD for knees.

I'm rather disappointed in myself that I ever let myself get this large and out of shape. I can't live in regret and I need to move forward. But it still pisses me off that I was so stupid.

I'm cutting calories back this week to 1,000. I've been letting them creep up and since exercise is an issue I'm not burning off the extras.

[mention=142630]gowalking[/mention] - I wish you a full recovery. I'm sorry for your pain now, but know it will pay off in the future. Best wishes.

Lap-banded and love it!

well girls I will be going into surgery this time Wed. I am having a TT will be happy to have that overwith. the apron has been so annoying. I am scared but know I will be happy afterwards. My guy is going to take care of me post op he is a amazing man. He's 100% supportive . I will try to post before and after photo's. Liz hope you are doing well.

here we are at Universal in Orlando. spent two days walking and waiting in lines. Bob's kids came down from Ohio and we enjoyed their visit. 4 years ago I could not have done any of the walking or standing. Love my band and love my life.

Stay strong girls life is an adventure.

Universal day 1.jpg

universalday2.jpg