Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders #7

I asked a nice guy out last month. We are both divorced and we worked together 25 years ago. It was a nice date, but no sparks. That's okay. I needed to get it out of my system. Not ready for the online thing. Actually not ready for a relationship. I think I just needed the affirmation that I was interesting and attractive. So time to be with just me for awhile. It's all good.

JustWatchMe

I'm with you JWM. While the concept is good, I cannot deal with another person right now.

I will say someone (a nice Atty) flirted me up at a party and it did do an old broad good! Truly not interested ( widowed 2 1/2 years ago) but nice to know

a good guy was interested.

don't rule anything out gals.. at 70 I wasn't thinking I had enough bait to attract a man.. but he came out of nowhere. he is divorced has been for many years, raised his sons on his own, he loves to dance, karoke and play poker it was like I hit the jackpot. he's also not bad looking in a Kenny rogers kind of way . I will post a picture .. when I get it off of my phone

okay here you go. he raises cattle and is a good country guy.. he makes me laugh every day and tells me I am beautiful every single day.

Life has a funny way of changing around. I am so grateful that he came along when he did..post-141554-0-98729400-1485547604_thumb.jpeg

What a great picture. I'm so happy for you!

JustWatchMe

okay here you go. he raises cattle and is a good country guy.. he makes me laugh every day and tells me I am beautiful every single day.

Life has a funny way of changing around. I am so grateful that he came along when he did..attachicon.gifbobandme.jpeg

So how much do I love this post and picture? Thiiiiis muuuuuch!! :D

You both look adorable!!

This is me and my guy. Also...was not expecting ever finding such a wonderful man but am so grateful that our paths eventually crossed.

post-142630-0-92462100-1485727234_thumb.jpg

Liz I am so thrilled for you as well. My best friend said we act like teenagers. you look so happy and your guy is cute. I did not think I would find love at this stage of my life.. but I am so happy and so lucky to have found my guy. He tells me everyday how much he loves me and we spend every moment we can together. so far so good. I was very concerned about sexual compatabiliy but we have so much chemistry it works. I know that I can live a happy fulfilling life even though I lost my husband. My daughter is slowly coming around, she was so upset at first but I told her I did not want to be alone for the years I have left, I deserve to be happy, my life the last 5 years or more has been total dedication to taking care of her Dad, she is an only child and I think she is worried about losing me to someone else. He is so understanding of my relationship with her and insists on my spending as much time as I can with her and my grandkids. That is one of the biggest reasons I love him, he wants me to be happy and knows how important my family is to me. We have discussed my skin surgery and he told me it doesn't matter to him but if I want to do it he's going to be with me and take care of me.. We are both lucky women there are so many lonely people in the world and I feel blessed every day.. take care and keep smiling .

Your guy sounds an awful lot like mine. I re-married four years after my husband passed and it was a disaster for a number of reasons. Even years later, my kids are skittish when it comes to my love life because of this, but have not given me attitude about this relationship at least.

Not that they are impacted all that much...my kids are married with their own children so it's not like when they were younger and at home, which was the situation I had when I remarried. I do however, want Corey to be a part of my family and my children are hesitant. I just need to be patient...and Corey understands that. He's spent lots of time with my siblings and will meet my parents next month. I've introduced him to some of my friends and he has done the same in that I've met some of his friends and family as well. He and I are so happy together that everyone can see it and both his and my people are just happy for us.

And speaking of sex, we enjoy physical intimacy and love to cuddle as much as the sex itself. We reach for each other during the night...and oh lord, I forgot how I missed that. I'm totally open about my insecurities from a physical perspective and he is supportive regardless of what I do or don't do. He loves me....and I love him. The fact that I have loose skin, and he is chubby, is of no concern. All we want is to spend time together.

I hope things work out just the way you want Sharpie. I still ask myself, how do you explain to people that there is room in our hearts for our spouses who have passed, and the new loves in our lives? The best way I can describe it is no matter how many children you have, you love them all, right? It's sort of the same thing here. At least that's how I see it. I loved Alan and still love him. Doesn't mean I can't love another. And Corey is a widower so he says the same thing about his Barbara. He's told me how truly grateful he is that he had her for 30+ years and has found love again with me.

Love love love....I just love it and reading all your posts put a big smile on my face!

So happy for everything that is going on sounds like some positive stuff people .

Just thought I'd stop in & say yes I'm still alive just busy & maybe if I get a chance I will be able to get on more but just saying hello ,OK have to walk now because I don't run lol.

Suddenly I'm getting notification emails from BariatricPal. Can't seem to figure out what's wrong in settings. Anybody else experience this? I messaged Alex.

23 hours ago, JustWatchMe said:

Suddenly I'm getting notification emails from BariatricPal. Can't seem to figure out what's wrong in settings. Anybody else experience this? I messaged Alex.

Looks like an upgrade was done...boy am I following too many convo's! I need to get in there and edit.

:) Happy Valentines Day to you all!!! Hope your giving and getting lots of love xoxoxoxox!