Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders #7

What a wonderful Thanksgiving. Girls are home for the long weekend and they love the new house. My f ood has been on track and I'm slowly losing more weight. Life is good. Hoping you all are having a great holiday.

JustWatchMe

Wow. Last day of November. It seemed like a fast year.

Hope all is well with my cyber friends as we turn towards other holidays and the end of a year. Yikes!

(If I see another pumpkin pie soon, I'll be tossing it. In the garbage or maybe At someone....)

I am so enjoying the soft glow of small lights around a few windows. I find it cheerful... sometimes a difficult emotion for a widow with all birthdays and Xmas ahead.

This too will pass.

Hello everyone nice to see things turning around for the better for people .

As I have been Mia I try to catch up every once in awhile ,leg is better , went back to work for 3 weeks until I couldn't take anymore of their B.S. so I unfortunately quit .

On the other hand just been busy looking for other employment & with family.

My second Son finally found work & my youngest is almost about to get his Diploma finally & took the couple test he needed to be excepted for the Army so after he gets his Diploma he may go into training so things are pretty good & got a Message from Alex saying Happy Birthday that was nice , I had gained then lost now I'm back at my steady weight , I don't think my body wants me to lose anymore but I will keep trying anyway lol . Even though My Surgeon is very happy with what I have done, I still want to be at my goal but it seems like this last 40 is taking forever .

Well hope everyone has a great rest of the year lol & next year and so on.

By the way it takes me forever to find out this group since my phone acts up & I'm not on the desk top much but hopefully it will get easier for me to find.

Nice to hear from you Debbie. Sorry about the job situation but it sounds like the kids are well and your weight is under control. Me on the other hand...I'm struggling with the weight. It's good stuff...I'm in a great relationship and I admit that I'm having fun with food. I work hard mid week to be very careful about what I eat but when we're together on the weekends, I'm eating out and no matter how careful I am, it's still food that's higher in salt and fat and it shows. I was 127 lbs. just before we met and I am now struggling to stay under 140 lbs. He's not trying to sabotage me...I have to be strong and say no to eating out all weekend long. We're just having so much fun together....it's hard to stop the eating out part as it's alot of what we like to do. Not to worry though...I won't fall off the wagon though I've stumbled a bit.

Julie...honey, all I can say is the anticipation is worse than the actual day. Change it up if at all possible and try to make new traditions if you can. All I know is that I worked almost completely off gut feelings those first few years. If it felt OK, I did it, and if it felt not OK, I didn't...even if it meant changing things up last minute. I spent my first Christmas season with the kids of course, but went somewhere else so we were not doing what we had done when Alan was alive. I don't know that you can do the same thing, but it helped me to do something completely different. Just know that I understand as do lots of people dealing with loss. It's just so hard when the loss is so new and raw. You know you are in my thoughts...

Liz

Thank you Liz

I always appreciate your wisdom as you have been through this.

This year seems a bit easier than last year. Even though dad is gone now.

I think moving and the new house helps me progress in widowhood/holidays.

The band is getting a fill Friday so I have faith I'll adjust to the lower end of my range.

Fun for you to have a beau to share lots with. Even though you notice the extra 10 lbs, I'm thinking he doesn't!!

Ps. Nice to get the update Debbie .. the kids are moving forward as we all hope for ours!

Edited by Julie norton

Got a fill. Now I have 1.5 in a maximum of 4 band. It is an antique from 10 years ago but still works!! I am thankful

@@gowalking is anyone free to join Banders #7? No sure of the guidelines of how this subforum works. Thanks.

Banded 10/12/16

Hi and welcome. Technically we are not a closed forum but those who follow this thread...and those who post, have been doing so for several years as this is the 7th thread we've started. You're welcome to chime in but know that most of us who are still here, just post personal things...and not necessarily weight loss/weight issues related.

Did you have any particular issue or question to pose as a banded person? There are very few of us on here anymore and that does make it hard for folks with band-specific questions and issues. We'll be happy to help if we can.

Liz

@@gowalking - Thanks Liz for the welcome. At this time I don't have any questions. I'm early in my journey. I am wanting to connect with others who have the band. I notice a lot of folks appear to have negative opinions about the band. I did a lot of research, went through a bariatric center of excellence, and have a surgeon who has performed all types of WLS for many years. I'm happy with my decision and doing well. Just looking for friends.

Banded 10/12/16

Well great....'cause that's what we are on this thread. Friends.

So you know....I've had zero issues with the band. I've gotten stuck a few times, had sliming/productive burping, all that fun stuff....but no GERD, slippage, erosion...all the stuff they talk about. I'm not saying it's because I follow the rules...but truth is...I follow the rules... :D I know folks on the boards, and in my real life who eat and drink around the band. Some of them have issues...and many of them gain the weight back.

I'm almost four years out and I can tell you....just like any other weight loss plan we follow...maintenance is the hardest part. Every day, I have to make choices. The band does not stop me from eating poorly nor does is always stop me from overeating. I have to avoid temptation same as I always tried. Most of the time, I do fine. Sometimes..I do not. As long as I make the right choice most of the time, I'm good.

@@gowalking great to know. I have my second fill on 12/27. I'm at 3 cc now. My band holds up to 10 cc.

Does what we post here stay in Banders #7 or does it Trend, etc. depending on responses.

Banded 10/12/16

it usually does not go beyond this thread...but if something comes up that we think should go out to a larger audience, we at times do post in a general forum so more folks can see and respond.

@@Treadmillwalker congratulations on choosing weight loss surgery and choosing yourself -- I love my band. It's been three years and no issues beyond my own behavioral ones (eating too fast, that sort of thing).

Happy Holidays every one! We have snow on the ground and it's starting to look a lot like Christmas.....