Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders #7

Repeat mammogram and ultrasound are A-OK. There is a calcification in a blood vessel which is common with - you guessed it - age! Not anything to worry about. Routine follow up in a year with my regular mammogram. Very very happy!! Next: deal with the other "boob" at the lawyer's office tomorrow!

..the other boob.. can you hear me laughing??

Wow I just got a E.mail from Wlsf and the Woman Zharan can't remember the spelling of her name but you know where her husband was a jerk but I got to meet at the convention a year ago , she is doing a follow up story tonight on whatever channel you watch My 600# life on , I guess she got PS. , she looks great.

Also if you remember I have said I have Family members that have had WLS well I was noticing one of them that lost a lot , really has the apron hanging & it is Really noticeable , but she doesn't care & she is happy so good for her , but I don't know why her Surgeon or even her PCP won't & doesn't refer her because I can tell it's medically necessary , anyone that sees the can tell oh well just wanted everyone to know about the show tonight on my 600# life about Zhyazaran.

Debbie3sons

I watched Zalynn too she has come a long way. She had a 360 deg. surgery, looked rough, she had a hard recovery from what I could tell but she looks good. Her and Paula Jones have been inspirational. Both were so strong. I can't complain about my small challenges compared to theirs. I may have to have skin surgery down the road, I have a skin apron too but not as large as Zalynn's. Not sure at my age if it's worth it.

Oh, I'll have to see if I can stream this episode. The BF was here last night so I didn't even think to watch this. He's not interested and when we're together, we try to watch something we are both interested in.

Pray for me banders. This Tuesday my lawyer thinks we may be able to come to a settlement. We've been meeting every week or two for negotiations. Mr. Wonderful is ramping up the crazy and his attorney is having difficulty with him, but 3 out of the 4 of us want to avoid a trial next month (jerk still doesn't believe the divorce will happen). I've spent the last two weeks scanning family (baby) photos to turn over originals to him. Emotional much? Tuesday is the big money issues. He lies like a rug, as my mom used to say. Trying to figure out the proper dollar figure to cut my losses and walk away. Anyway, haven't eaten over any of it. Not a bite. Thank God for my band. food has not been an issue. I've been in the high 180s all month which is my lowest since surgery. Working my OA program, I haven't indulged in comfort eating. I'm so grateful.

Pray for me banders. This Tuesday my lawyer thinks we may be able to come to a settlement. We've been meeting every week or two for negotiations. Mr. Wonderful is ramping up the crazy and his attorney is having difficulty with him, but 3 out of the 4 of us want to avoid a trial next month (jerk still doesn't believe the divorce will happen). I've spent the last two weeks scanning family (baby) photos to turn over originals to him. Emotional much? Tuesday is the big money issues. He lies like a rug, as my mom used to say. Trying to figure out the proper dollar figure to cut my losses and walk away. Anyway, haven't eaten over any of it. Not a bite. Thank God for my band. food has not been an issue. I've been in the high 180s all month which is my lowest since surgery. Working my OA program, I haven't indulged in comfort eating. I'm so grateful.

I'm in awe of you. :)

Thanks Liz. Hanging on.

You got this you know your much more happier with yourself & the things you've done to make yourself more happier, healthier & for your girls also you got this & if OA helps more power to you , remember your enjoying this beginning of a new life , yes I said beginning because everyday is a beginning .

Debbie3sons

Thank you Liz for your update and your willingness to share your support.

Some days this journey seems like a long time and sometimes it feels like yesterday.

While the journey has not been easy and no one ever said it would be my progress or lack thereof has always been in my control. Finding a way to deal with life without turning to food has been and continues to be a challenge.

I am grateful for the band and all that comes with it. I know what works for me and have no one to blame if I do not follow the path that works.

I am grateful for this board it seems when I choose not to check in I tend to gain weight. Viewing the post can be incredibly motivating and when I am struggling I know that I am not alone

I am grateful that I continue to make more good choices then bad choices in my life.

I am grateful for all who share their successes, their struggles and parts of their personal life.

I am also grateful to my wife and her support and the fact that we both chose to be banded on the same day on September 12, 2007. Together we have kept off over 200lbs.

Glad to be a part of this new thread.

I so needed to read this at this very moment. Thank you.

Sent from my VS985 4G using the BariatricPal App

We are still here JWMe. This forum is one constant in my life. Let us know how it is going. I care!

My band has a mind of its own and has decided it is too tight.... Tried liquids, yogurt, resetting. No go

Although I love being in my smallest size pants, it appears an unfill is due and that means more pounds. However it also means not being fearful food won't agree with me..

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY. To each of us. Kids ,dogs ,cats whatever depends on you...

It is a special day. Hope you enjoy it.

For me. All I want is an unfill weds.

Feel better Julie. Happy Mother's Day to all you ladies. And wish your wife a happy day as well Joe.

Liz

Happy Mother's Day everyone! I'm doing well. food is on track. Trapped in divorce limbo but leaving the results to God. Firstborn graduates college this week. So many emotions.

Feel better Julie.

Thanks. The unfill was successful. I am attempting to not awaken the hunger monster. Just to go on sensibly.

Glad I have better nutrition though. That was making me foggy brained after a hard 2 weeks!

I really feel better ....

Thanks for the well wishes

Trying to keep this low point in my weight loss. Lowest in 9 years.... Who woulda thunk?

Expecting some rebound, but trying hard to eat normally light

Hi all, thought I would pop in and say Hi! Been MIA for a bit...focusing on getting everyone in my house healthy again. Hubs was home for about 3 weeks in the hospital for 4 days with pneumonia due to flu virus!! I had pancreatitis which means I guess I MUST now eat the way I should probably have been eating all along.

Nothing like pain and sickness to get your ass on track let me tell ya!!

The good thing is that I am back on track, and not eating all the junk that just makes me sick. For the longest time I was eating "easy" to digest foods like chocolate and Cookies, cake or flour products because they were about the only things that didn't hurt my stomach. Of course you gain lots of weight from that...and they have the nutritional value of eating cardboard, so that drags down your immune system and guess what your sick.

The only way to fix a flare up of pancreatitis is basically to not eat any and I mean any fat. There is definitely NO drinking alcohol but this is not an issue for me, since I have never been a drinker. The fat part...well that's harder. Even chicken and fish have some fat, fish much less so than chicken. Having the band well dry things are not my friend...but adding any kind of fatty condiment would mean hours of stomach pain nausea sometimes vomiting and then just feeling blah.

It has taken a few months to get the hang of it and to realize that when in doubt just have a shake. Take a bariatric Vitamin that's easily absorbed by the system made for those who have had a bypass since the organs don't need to work as hard to break it down.

I am finally feeling a little better than the walking dead although still feeling pretty tired on certain days, as I still learn to work this new curve life has thrown my way. I still want to be able to eat like a "normal" person, but the truth is that I gave that up when I got the band and this is just another reminder that most of my life eating has never been a "normal" function for me.

Ah well...enough about me and my issues. How is everyone doing? It's a glorious day today in NY I wish I was not working and I was outside enjoying it more. I'm hoping the weekend affords a bit of it so I can.

How about you all? Any exciting plans for the summer??

So...my summer starts tomorrow as I fly down to Florida for a week in the sun. I need to get away as the BF and I had a bad breakup and I need the support of my family. I plan on resting and doing some laps in a pool with warm Water for a change instead of the cold Water at the Y. We also have a family cruise coming up next month which I'm looking forward to. I got another fill a few weeks ago and this one seems to have worked. I'm still able to eat anything I want but the hunger is satiated better than it has been for a while. I was up to 135 lbs. and not happy about it. I'm back down to around 125 again and feeling better along with having my clothes fit better as well.

Sorry you and Ken have had such a siege with your health. I do hope you are both on the mend now. Maybe we can even look to do a summer get together for our support group. I do get messages every now and then asking when the next one will be.

Hope all my BP friends are doing well and am looking forward to hearing about your summer adventures.

Liz