Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders #7

Thank you everyone it's amazing what a little war paint ( makeup ) hides & van do to this face Lol but Thank you anyway.

Debbie, so good to see you doing so well. You're an inspiration to all who take this journey one day at a time. So many(me) expect it all to happen in just a few months.

Just wanted to show you all the picture of me and Julian taken at our company Christmas party. I still have the picture of me at the party back in 2011 when I was probably 250 or so lbs. and had such trouble standing during the cocktail hour due to my knee and hip pain. I don't know how many times I can say thank goodness I got this WLS.

post-142630-0-43118100-1453739905_thumb.jpg

Today I am 10 days post op Lap band. I have a few questions that I was hoping someone could shed some light on for me.

First let me tell you a little about what my doc's post op orders are for me at this point. I am on thick liquids now till Friday when I begin mushys. I have been having a Protein drink for Breakfast and cream Soups for lunch and dinner. If I am hungry in between I eat SF Jello. My first fill is scheduled for 2/5. Here are my questions:

1) Will this gas in my tummy ever go away? Will I always be gassy and bloated? I don't have the pain in my shoulder gas anymore just in my tummy.

2) I only have a BM like once a week. Is this normal 10 days post op? Should I take a stool softener to help? I walk everyday now 2+ miles and drink fluids.

3)I have quit losing weight for 4 days now. I only eat about 400-500 a day and exercise. Just seems like the scale should move some.

I love this site and Thank you in advance for any insight on these questions. I go for my 1st follow up tomorrow to see my surgeon.

@@gowalking you don't look 250 or so in the pic , but really hasn't it been better since making our decisions to get banded ,, I know We are enjoying life so much more now , now just wandering who Julian is , I'm not sure that's all.

Thank you everyone it's amazing what a little war paint ( makeup ) hides & can do to this face Lol but Thank you anyway.

Thank you everyone it's amazing what a little war paint ( makeup ) hides & can do to this face Lol but Thank you anyway.

okay you northerners.. WE actually got snow flurries here in Sunny Florida.. You know we were freaking out. but they didn't close schools or interstates.. I am not a cold weather person, that is why I live here. I feel bad for you all when it gets to the point of closing cities and transportation. We have had that problem with hurricanes. I like the comments about what to stock up on.. I think I would have to do yogurt, cheese, eggs and definitely coffee..

p.s. Debbie your son is very handsome, I know you are proud of him .

Just wanted to show you all the picture of me and Julian taken at our company Christmas party. I still have the picture of me at the party back in 2011 when I was probably 250 or so lbs. and had such trouble standing during the cocktail hour due to my knee and hip pain. I don't know how many times I can say thank goodness I got this WLS.

attachicon.gifIMG_0135.JPG

lovely photo Liz. he is a nice looking guy. So happy for you and yes I thank God every day for my band. I ran into a friend in Walmart today she walked past me.. I had my boots and a fringy sweater on (I thought it was cold 45 deg. lol) she said omg you look wonderful. made me feel good and I told her honestly I feel great except coping with my husband's death day to day . She said you have never looked better.. yippee..

Where do you live, Sharpie?

@@gowalking you don't look 250 or so in the pic , but really hasn't it been better since making our decisions to get banded ,, I know We are enjoying life so much more now , now just wandering who Julian is , I'm not sure that's all.

:lol: Sorry if I confused you Deb. I'm 125 in this picture taken a few weeks ago. I was 250 lbs. four years ago.. Julian is the BF. I thought it would b nice to have you guys see a picture of him.

liz

Perfect little black dress.... And now we can get a visual picture of your bf when you mention him. Looks like you were having fun.

No problem I have a REAL bad memory & get confused REALLY EASILY any how.

Aw Liz, that's a wonderful picture! You are both great looking people. And so happy too!

I live in North Florida about 45 minutes North of Gainesville, Go Gators...

I live in North Florida about 45 minutes North of Gainesville, Go Gators...

I cannot believe you got flurries. That is pretty cool. I am in the Tampa area, and there was frost on my car yesterday morning.