Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders #7

Good luck tomorrow, Liz. Lisa, it's adorable.

3 cc's in. I'm fine..especially as the doctor said I can have coffee and wine. She laughed when I asked and said as long as it's liquids, no restrictions on the types of liquids.< /p>

Hoping this is enough of a fill. If not, I have to go back for more.

3 cc's in. I'm fine..especially as the doctor said I can have coffee and wine. She laughed when I asked and said as long as it's liquids, no restrictions on the types of liquids.

Hi @@gowalking! How are things going since your fill?

3 cc's in. I'm fine..especially as the doctor said I can have coffee and wine. She laughed when I asked and said as long as it's liquids, no restrictions on the types of liquids.

I'm going to need more of a fill. No discernible difference that I can tell. I'll make an appointment for when I return from my vacation over Thanksgiving. And that's only because I will be away from home, and it's not the time to get a fill in my opinion. BTW, I'm heading to South Florida for the holiday. Are you in Dade or Broward?

I'm going to need more of a fill. No discernible difference that I can tell. I'll make an appointment for when I return from my vacation over Thanksgiving. And that's only because I will be away from home, and it's not the time to get a fill in my opinion. BTW, I'm heading to South Florida for the holiday. Are you in Dade or Broward?

That makes sense. It is better to wait if you are going out of town. I am not in south Florida.

Ah Liz my friend give it a few weeks before you feel the affects of the fill. Sometimes I don't feel mine until 2-3 weeks after.

While your away assess how your eating/feeling between meals you might just find that the fill kicks in and your good..or you might find that you need a little more.

Have a great time in Florida hugs to the family.

I'm going to be spending my Thanksgiving recovering from Carpal Tunnel release surgery. I'm planning on having my boys cook for me and cater to me while I whine and watch TV and read for hours :) I just feel like after taking care of everyone's injuries and surgeries and lives Mamma needs some extra special TLC too :)

Liz Lisa is right sometimes it takes a little time. I am in North Florida sadly . Weather here is nice hope it is the same when you arrive. I am actually going to my first support meeting tonight in a year. I realized after my husband's death that I need to get back in touch with my group and get back in the game. My purpose in having surgery was to be healthier and I feel I am slipping with the stress of my husband's illness and the grief I am not eating well. Hope you have a wonderful trip .

So has anyone spoken with CarolinaGirl lately? I know she hit a rough patch a while back. Hope she is doing well.

I agree with Lisa and Sharpie. Sometimes a fill takes a little time to get situated, after all it is Fluid :-). I am in the central west coast area of Florida. I hope the hottest November in history gives us break soon.

Boy is it cold here this morning. The wood stove is cranking away and the house smells like the casseroles I made yesterday -- four kinds (one dairy-free, one wheat-free, one dairy and wheat free and one regular), none of which I will eat but all fun to make. I do a version for myself as well, but not this time. For the bander cooks out there: mix potato leek Soup (comes in a carton!), tuna or chicken, minced onion, toaster oven, wow! Nice comfort food for banders and no grains no dairy. Would be great with cheese as well (guilding the lilly, as my grandmother would say). I don't eat rice, bread or Pasta but do have potato when I want it.

Yesterday I went to the surgeon for a small unfill. Lately I've been feeling tight and I think that could have been weather-related, estrogen-related or both. I am a bit annoyed with myself that I let it go a little longer than I should have, but I thought it might sort itself out. Clearly it wasn't going to. The surgeon told me that he's "all about the smidge fill or unfill." Love that!

The bariatric program at our little hospital is shrinking. Eeek! My original surgeon has gone on to a larger city and the PA who basically ran the program has retired (she did all the intake for new patients and then annual check-ins, etc.). The remaining surgeon is now solo. I've seen him before and like him a lot but don't like it that he's the only one available. There's a new guy coming in but he won't be here until next spring and he doesn't do bariatrics. What!? (It's a General Surgery Department). This worries me, needless to say. I have scoped out a good hospital about an hour from here in case I need to go somewhere with a larger practice or in case of emergency, etc. I don't want to transfer unnecessarily but there may be a time with banders in rural locations have to go farther for services.

Hope every one is doing well and enjoying the lead-up to the holidays. We are having our "feast" in a nursing home which pretty much takes temptation of any kind right off the table for me. After that going away for the weekend and will enjoy some yummy dining out.

@@Jim1967 if you hear from her tell her how much we miss her!

So has anyone spoken with CarolinaGirl lately? I know she hit a rough patch a while back. Hope she is doing well.

I've been in touch with her. Yes..she is struggling and I've been trying to support her as much as I can. It's nothing different than so many others...but you know our girl. She feels like she's failed even though she hasn't. I'm hoping she can right herself and come back to us...or even come back as she is so we can help to get her through this.

I will let her know that I'm not the only one who misses her on this site. :(

Just saw this on another thread -- don't know how to get the link so am pasting it in. I've wondered about Joanne and just typed her name this morning on a list of those people who helped me so much in the beginning.

Hi,

I am Joanne Holl's eldest granddaughter. I inherited her computer (and cat) and decided I need to clean the desktop, so I don't get so sad everytime I log on with my Gram's icons on the screen. Anyways, my grandma had a link to this site on her desktop and the first thing I clicked on brought me to her picture along with her post. Especially because I think my grandma was one of the oldest patients to have the Lap-Band surgery and because I just feel my grandma would want me to leave an update to inform you of her passing...

Joanne M. Holl, 84, passed away at her home as a result of metastatic breast cancer on Saturday, March 21, 2015.

My grandma was truly an inspiring woman and one of the best grandmothothers a girl could wish for. Thank you for listening and I wish you all success.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

got an email from Carolina Girl today. she is really down on herself. I want to hug her right now and tell her to stop beating herself up. All of us have had struggles and I know first hand how easily we can let our emotions , depressions, grief, etc. takeover. I reminded her how much she has accomplished and asked her to come back to us and we can help.

I went to my support group last night after not going for a year, it was informative, there were more sleeve people than banded but overall a nice group. There were a few who had not had surgery and wanted to know if it was worth it. I told them my story and I hope that encouraged them to make the leap. We did talk about meal planning and got some good information on different recipe sites. I plugged Bandedliving.com because there are tons of recipes on there. Please keep CG in your prayers and hopefully she will come around.

Just saw this on another thread -- don't know how to get the link so am pasting it in. I've wondered about Joanne and just typed her name this morning on a list of those people who helped me so much in the beginning.

Hi,

I am Joanne Holl's eldest granddaughter. I inherited her computer (and cat) and decided I need to clean the desktop, so I don't get so sad everytime I log on with my Gram's icons on the screen. Anyways, my grandma had a link to this site on her desktop and the first thing I clicked on brought me to her picture along with her post. Especially because I think my grandma was one of the oldest patients to have the Lap-Band surgery and because I just feel my grandma would want me to leave an update to inform you of her passing...

Joanne M. Holl, 84, passed away at her home as a result of metastatic breast cancer on Saturday, March 21, 2015.

My grandma was truly an inspiring woman and one of the best grandmothothers a girl could wish for. Thank you for listening and I wish you all success.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

Thanks Bandista. Sorry to hear this. She was a regular for a long time here on this site.