Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders #7

The gift of a migraine......hope you're feeling better. Isn't it amazing being in sync with our bodies? I use muscle testing to help bypass brain chatter and let my body do the talking sometimes, like choosing whether to have something, etc.

It's very beautiful here just now -- a fantastic autumn display. I've been working on the basement to have a nicer indoor space for working out. And lots of exercise now getting ready for winter -- putting the garden to bed, outdoor furniture away, big terra-cotta pots, harvesting apples, apples, apples. Love working outside but still have to walk as all that hard work doesn't seem to do it. This has never made sense to me, why maneuvering wheelbarrows etc. does not seem to translate to exercise and weight loss.

The gift of a migraine......hope you're feeling better. Isn't it amazing being in sync with our bodies? I use muscle testing to help bypass brain chatter and let my body do the talking sometimes, like choosing whether to have something, etc.

It's very beautiful here just now -- a fantastic autumn display. I've been working on the basement to have a nicer indoor space for working out. And lots of exercise now getting ready for winter -- putting the garden to bed, outdoor furniture away, big terra-cotta pots, harvesting apples, apples, apples. Love working outside but still have to walk as all that hard work doesn't seem to do it. This has never made sense to me, why maneuvering wheelbarrows etc. does not seem to translate to exercise and weight loss.

Roadtrip to Bandista's house!!

Edited to add: my other friend said I should have gone anyway and puked on his shoes.

Should not have been sipping coffee while reading this. Nearly choked 'cause I started to guffaw...

Thought I might check in. I have been pretty disconnected lately. Of course there's nothing but drama left right and sideways and I wonder how I continue to get myself into so many of these annoying and stressful situations.

Even simply buying my hubby a car to replace his after he was rear ended and his car was totaled is not simple. It's now been in the shop for over a week because it won't start. I could get into the details but why....

I cut my finger and it's totally infected I had to go see a hand surgeon...and I go back tomorrow hopefully it will finally clear up it's been nothing but annoying...I'm even on antibiotics. :P

I got my flu shot today, and oddly I am amped up. I wonder if I am going to have a big crash later...I really hope not.

On another note my job has started a walking challenge. They gave us all a fitbit and we are supposed to get in at least 10K steps a day, there are some people who do 25K a day!!! Now I know even before this challenge I would average only 7K a day. So I have stepped it up to "compete" however being a desk jockey compared to some of our sales and field techs, it's not fair. I am sitting in my chair now marching in place! Our team is in 158th place!!! There are about 700 teams so I guess that's not too bad right?

Thought I might check in. I have been pretty disconnected lately. Of course there's nothing but drama left right and sideways and I wonder how I continue to get myself into so many of these annoying and stressful situations.

Even simply buying my hubby a car to replace his after he was rear ended and his car was totaled is not simple. It's now been in the shop for over a week because it won't start. I could get into the details but why....

I cut my finger and it's totally infected I had to go see a hand surgeon...and I go back tomorrow hopefully it will finally clear up it's been nothing but annoying...I'm even on antibiotics. :P

I got my flu shot today, and oddly I am amped up. I wonder if I am going to have a big crash later...I really hope not.

On another note my job has started a walking challenge. They gave us all a fitbit and we are supposed to get in at least 10K steps a day, there are some people who do 25K a day!!! Now I know even before this challenge I would average only 7K a day. So I have stepped it up to "compete" however being a desk jockey compared to some of our sales and field techs, it's not fair. I am sitting in my chair now marching in place! Our team is in 158th place!!! There are about 700 teams so I guess that's not too bad right?

Oh Lisa..... :o It never ends, hon. Hope you feel better soon and hope Ken's car also gets better soon.

Haven't been here for awhile. I lost my husband last Friday . He had been ill for about a month off and on, took him to ER they said he had pneumonia and after a few days seemed to be getting better, however on the 3rd day he coded 3 times, heart stopped and they brought him back each time, after being in the ICU for the 3rd code, they decided to transfer him to a larger hospital (where he had his heart surgery last year). stayed in their cardio unit for a week seemed to be getting better, however they discovered he had a bacterial infection in his aortic valve which he had replaced last year with a bovine valve. he was put on high powered IV antibiotics and transferred to an acute care center , after another 2 weeks his kidney's failed, they advised me that he could not survive anything further they had run out of options other than dialysis which would only be temporary and they doubted with his heart infection that he would survive. I made the choice to let him go in peace and stop further treatment. We transferred him to hospice care where he lived for 3 days. It was amazing the way the nurses and staff treated him with dignity and respect and love. He died peacefully and has joined his son and daughter who preceded him in death several years ago. My heart is broken and I don't quite know what I will do without him but I am blessed with strong family support from my daughter, son in law and grandchildren. My eating as you can imagine has been all over the place. From not eating at all to eating every kind of junk and comfort food I can find, I just don't care right now. He made me promise to take care of myself and I hope I can get back to my plan soon. I am still in shock that he is gone and I cannot sleep. I am sorry this is so long but I hope you all understand and will support me . I need encouragement to make it through this time . I am going to make an appointment with my band doc soon so I can maybe get a fill to help me get back on track. I hope you all will continue to do well on your path to wellness.

Haven't been here for awhile. I lost my husband last Friday.

Oh, Sharpie, I am so sorry! I am In shock and tears reading this. God bless you. Please stay connected.

Sharpie that's a lot for you to handle , make sure & take care of yourself also through this tough time , hopefully you have someone you can vent to weather good or bad & can just be there for you to listen SO VERY to hear for your loss but now he is not in pain & can rest peacefully , YOU knew what was best for Him & YOU this is not good news but Please find the Support YOU need in this troubling time for YOU.

So sorry for your loss.....unfortunatley at our age this is very much a part of life. I have many family members and friends who, IMO, have moved on.

How old was your husbad? What was the illness he had off/on prior to the pnuemonia? Was it heart related?

I had heart surgery about 5 years ago.....what type was his?

Sorry fo asking so mna questions, but this is something that relates to us all sooner or later.

@@Sharpie I am so sorry -- you must be in such a state of such sorrow, exhaustion and confusion. What a terrible time but of course a release for him. Please take good care of yourself. Think back over the wonderful memories you created together over the years. We are here for you, friend. Try to take the best possible care of yourself today and make choices that will help you get centered physically while you go through the emotional roller coaster of this time. Sending very best wishes your way!

Haven't been here for awhile. I lost my husband last Friday . He had been ill for about a month off and on, took him to ER they said he had pneumonia and after a few days seemed to be getting better, however on the 3rd day he coded 3 times, heart stopped and they brought him back each time, after being in the ICU for the 3rd code, they decided to transfer him to a larger hospital (where he had his heart surgery last year). stayed in their cardio unit for a week seemed to be getting better, however they discovered he had a bacterial infection in his aortic valve which he had replaced last year with a bovine valve. he was put on high powered IV antibiotics and transferred to an acute care center , after another 2 weeks his kidney's failed, they advised me that he could not survive anything further they had run out of options other than dialysis which would only be temporary and they doubted with his heart infection that he would survive. I made the choice to let him go in peace and stop further treatment. We transferred him to hospice care where he lived for 3 days. It was amazing the way the nurses and staff treated him with dignity and respect and love. He died peacefully and has joined his son and daughter who preceded him in death several years ago. My heart is broken and I don't quite know what I will do without him but I am blessed with strong family support from my daughter, son in law and grandchildren. My eating as you can imagine has been all over the place. From not eating at all to eating every kind of junk and comfort food I can find, I just don't care right now. He made me promise to take care of myself and I hope I can get back to my plan soon. I am still in shock that he is gone and I cannot sleep. I am sorry this is so long but I hope you all understand and will support me . I need encouragement to make it through this time . I am going to make an appointment with my band doc soon so I can maybe get a fill to help me get back on track. I hope you all will continue to do well on your path to wellness.

My darling girl...I lost my husband 21 years ago. When I say I know what you are going through, I mean it. I know you don't care. Nothing matters right now. Yes...sleep is very elusive. It's so hard to process how someone so important in your life can simply be no more. Even with family support, think about going to a grief support group or even seeing a therapist. I know what I'm talking about...truly. You'll never get past or get over this loss. There is no such thing as closure. You'll have to find that place of acceptance for you to know that you can live with this loss. That's the key. It's not easy to do. I can't speak to the loss of a child or a parent. I'm fortunate enough to have not had that type of loss. But spouses...yes. That I can speak to. Feel free to PM me if you would like. I would also be more than happy to talk to you as well if you would like. Just let me know.

Sending you hugs.

Liz

My deepest sorrow for the loss of your spouse. Words cannot express what it means to loose someone close to you. As Liz said there can only be acceptance but do so on your own terms. Having someone to talk to will be helpful.

Through all this you need to know that you are loved and respected.

Joe

B, he was 82 had survived esophageal cancer 4 years ago, had open heart surgery last year replaced his aortic valve, did well through that . had some problems with blood loss due to xeralto which he was on for previous knee surgery, however he just never bounced back all the way, he had pneumonia one time before due to rehab not getting him up enough I feel. but this pneumonia we think we from the bacterial infection which I believe was introduced by the use of his port for Iron infusions. it's been a long few years with many ups and downs. I am grateful he was able to go to Alaska with me and even though he didn't feel his best he made the best of it. I know he is at peace now and does not have to experience anymore pain. Ultimately I am blessed to have my daughter and her children and some very special friends. He was so proud of me for my weight loss success and bragged to everyone how his wife was hot.. lol. the main concern for him was my health and he worried about that .

So sorry for your loss.....unfortunatley at our age this is very much a part of life. I have many family members and friends who, IMO, have moved on.

How old was your husbad? What was the illness he had off/on prior to the pnuemonia? Was it heart related?

I had heart surgery about 5 years ago.....what type was his?

Sorry fo asking so mna questions, but this is something that relates to us all sooner or later.

Just a updated pic , me currently .

post-139624-14445907753915_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14445907962846_thumb.jpg