Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders #7

Today is my wife and me 8 year Band Anniversary

Hard to believe seems like only yesterday. For some reason I do much better staying on track when I check in regularly on this board. While the journey has not been easy filled with ups and down it certainly has been worth it..

Today is also National Grand Parents day Woo Hoo!

Today is my wife and me 8 year Band Anniversary

Hard to believe seems like only yesterday. For some reason I do much better staying on track when I check in regularly on this board. While the journey has not been easy filled with ups and down it certainly has been worth it..

Today is also National Grand Parents day Woo Hoo!

Congrats to you and your better half. I also stay on track while I'm involved in this site. It keeps me 'honest'. And as it's National Grandparents Day, here are pics of my grandchildren.

post-142630-0-18776800-1442069925_thumb.jpg

post-142630-0-08955300-1442070118_thumb.jpg

Here are my precious grand children

post-22144-0-50692100-1442102098_thumb.jpg

post-22144-0-95351600-1442102114_thumb.jpg

Love those pictures Liz and Joe; beautiful children with healthy grandparents.

The weather is turning here and it's going to be time to get out the fall clothes soon. I need to prepare myself (and the basement) for exercising indoors when i can't get out to do my lake walk. Habe to make friends with that treadmill again.......and maybe some kind of class, though I don't seem to be good about getting out to those. My husband just set up his wind trainer bike in our bathroom. I've been bugging him to exercise but maybe I will use that, too.

Yesterday we took off for the beach and that was fantastic. Went out to Breakfast and then a picnic and kind of a grazing supper (corn on the cob, cheese, hummus, alcohol), but I'm down two pounds this morning. Working on losing the few I gained and then another chunk this fall. Determined to fit into pants I bought quite a while ago -- two pair long linen size tens, one in red and one a deep purple. I have them hanging in view -- one pair in my office and the other in our bedroom where I can see them when I wake up.

Have a good Sunday, all!

For a second the weather here in LI NY looked like it was about to turn...but oh no today it hit 90. I can't say I am complaining though because the humidity is gone and the mornings are brisk and the evenings are cool it's the perfect weather. Desert weather my hubs says, he would know...I have never lived out of state.

Today is my Friday and I am happy happy happy!! It's about 4:00 and I am wishing my life away for the next couple hours because I just want to be out the door!!! I don't want to think about work for a few days, I just want to be home with the hubs and pups and the grown ass men (kids description of themselves gotta laugh at that.)

We plan to spend the day in NYC Friday, I'm sure it will be a long one on our feet the whole time. I don't think hubby is quite prepared for how much walking he's in for....taking the subway all around town and walking here and there the fitbit is gonna see some miles by the end of the day. We have a concert that night, I can just see him passed out while I drive our asses back home. Thinking it might be smart to just get a hotel room for the night and leave on Saturday!

Well here's to everyone's Friday!!! Make it good, and enjoy the weekend!!!!

That's cool gowalking .

That's cool gowalking .

Want to know what's even cooler Deb? I'm seeing The Who and a week later, heading to Lincoln Center to hear The NY Philharmonic with the boyfriend. Can't believe how lucky I am to have found someone who is interested in both rock and roll and classical music same as I am. Was thinking that I may have been the only one like this.

That's cool gowalking .

Want to know what's even cooler Deb? I'm seeing The Who and a week later, heading to Lincoln Center to hear The NY Philharmonic with the boyfriend. Can't believe how lucky I am to have found someone who is interested in both rock and roll and classical music same as I am. Was thinking that I may have been the only one like this.

Good thing you're not into Yanni too, that would take a heavenly miracle to find a guy who's that diverse :P

Greetings friends!

Liz, we went to see Alabama at the Beacon Theater, I know I so don't look like the Country Music gal!! Actually my Grandmother used to listen to the country music station when I was a kid and of course we had a house in the Catskills so growing up I was pretty well rounded :) No pun intended there! When it comes to Music Ken and I both are very eclectic everything from Rock and Roll, to Country, Disco, Hip Hop, and Classical Music. I love folk music and new age music as well. My iphone is very interesting mix of music indeed.

We went to the 911 memorial museum and I have to say that it is very well done, though of course a very sad feeling is pervasive throughout, and I'm very sensitive to those feelings so certain parts of the museum really had me feeling sick.

We walked about 7 miles through out the entire day and climbed a total of 23 flights of stairs!

Greetings friends!

Liz, we went to see Alabama at the Beacon Theater, I know I so don't look like the Country Music gal!! Actually my Grandmother used to listen to the country music station when I was a kid and of course we had a house in the Catskills so growing up I was pretty well rounded :) No pun intended there! When it comes to Music Ken and I both are very eclectic everything from Rock and Roll, to Country, Disco, Hip Hop, and Classical Music. I love folk music and new age music as well. My iphone is very interesting mix of music indeed.

We went to the 911 memorial museum and I have to say that it is very well done, though of course a very sad feeling is pervasive throughout, and I'm very sensitive to those feelings so certain parts of the museum really had me feeling sick.

We walked about 7 miles through out the entire day and climbed a total of 23 flights of stairs!

Yeah...I saw your posts on FB. Looked like you had a fab time. Well...turns out The Who concert cancelled. Daltrey has meningitis so the tour is being rescheduled for the spring of next year. Good news is that the man and I are going to The Pennsylvania Dutch Country for a Fall Foliage weekend instead. ;)

So happy for you, Liz! What fun your are having with your new guy. And Lisa, what a feat (ha, now I'm doing it) for you to be able to walk like that, all those steps. Sounds like the memorial is very poignant. Every time I'm in DC I want to visit the Holocaust Museum and then can't do it.

We have a beautiful morning here. I've got some work to do but later plan to do a little transplanting out in the garden. It's apple season and we have SO many. We have a cider press and have been making cider like crazy, which is a lot of fun for kids. Every one goes home with jars and jars of the stuff. It's a bit sweet for me and I am still careful with calories -- better for me to have a whole fruit. I've also been making apple compotes. Many jars in the freezer.

This weekend we are heading up to Montreal and I'm excited about clothing options -- imagine that! Whole new spin on the wardrobe since losing weight. It's fun getting out the fall and winter things from last year. I have a great pair of boots, some short skirts and really fun tights. Looking forward to hearing lots of music, walking the city and enjoying yummy food.

I just love the fall!! It is so my season!! There is not one negative thing I can think of about the fall other than it is always too short. The drive to PA should be gorgeous. I'm getting excited for all the sights and sounds and smells of Autumn even though I am sad to see Summer go...it really didn't feel like "Summer" this year....

It was so a great summer for me as you all know I have gotten out walked , danced & went out with friends love being able to get out &enjoy life .

Here we are again Happy Friday to all!! Just watched the Pope visiting the 911 Memorial and the service held by all the leaders of our Nation's many religions. I have to say it was very moving, having friends that were lost in the towers, and having just been there.

I have to tell you all my friends that the state of the world really does break my heart and I hope that people can find some sense of renewed faith and hope in the world, in each other and a high power before there is so much destruction we can't find our way out.

On that bright and cheery note....I hope that you all find yourselves doing something inspirational this weekend. Grab your loved ones extra close, give yourself that extra TLC that I know so many of us don't spend enough time doing as put the needs of all else first, I know I am guilty of it.

sleep a few extra moments, get that pedicure, get outside and breathe in the fresh air. Take a moment longer in the shower, apply some oil or lotion to your skin, drink some extra Water. Pick some fresh fruit, and just take some time to meditate on all that you are in gratitude.

post-146347-0-78570800-1443200661_thumb.jpg