Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a gift for many of you...

Please, someone come to my husband's family Xmas and set him straight. My father-in-law's first language is redneck. Not only can he not spell, he spends the entire evening telling dirty and racist jokes to women relatives he hasn't seen in a year, from ages 13 to 70.

Sounds like grammar is least of your worries in this case. Gross.

@@BigViffer said

web forum, meant to be casual and laid back, if you put a effort into making your posts easier to read, you will get more replies to your threads, you will likely get better replies

________________________________________________________________________________________________

i am aware that i have issues/problems with grammar etc :o

spelling mistakes :(

my spell check only underlines where i make a mistake

i keep good ol' Webster at my side

sometimes i still can't find correct spelling :mellow:

posts are too long :angry:

I write, and write, and then i write some more

i could easily have answered question with one word like YES or NO

when my sentence is getting long

i make a break in my words earlier than i should

then write the rest of my thought

on the next line

(i think it can be read easier)

too many blank spaces between thoughts :(

too many smileys :huh:

i make (attempt :huh: ) to crack silly jokes

"I made a mistake once, i thought i was wrong :lol:"

I am not perfect - then again......... :lol:

i am still as cute as a button :lol:

@@BigViffer

wonderful weight loss

keep up the good work

kathy

Please, someone come to my husband's family Xmas and set him straight. My father-in-law's first language is redneck. Not only can he not spell, he spends the entire evening telling dirty and racist jokes to women relatives he hasn't seen in a year, from ages 13 to 70.

I would be having Christmas without my father in law. Why put up with that crap?

Not too rein on the party,but their has too be whey for them to here what were saying.

If anyone knows how delete this forums, I would if I knew how. It is a total waste of people's time and energy.

Just don't read it. That might save people's time and energy ????

If anyone knows how delete this forums, I would if I knew how. It is a total waste of people's time and energy.

Why? It was placed in the "Rants and Raves" forum.

If someone doesn't want to read through 7 pages (and counting) of posts, they don't have to.

It is refreshing as compared to reading about "Is a 3 week stall normal", "Can I eat solid foods at 2 weeks" or any similar posts 2 or 3 hundred times. That info is already there if someone searched for it, but I am glad people post those questions. If someone doesn't want to read that for the 201st or 301st time, they don't have to.

So we should start deciding which of this forum's thousands of posts are "a total waste of people's time and energy" so we can delete them all? That should be a fun game.

Man, I don't even know where to start on that one. There is a dangling participle and a possessive form of "forums" even though they are talking about a forum post. The there is the fact they are talking about censoring a rant.

The way I see it; when the forum founder likes the original post in a thread, perhaps it has merit?

Man, I don't even know where to start on that one. There is a dangling participle and a possessive form of "forums" even though they are talking about a forum post. The there is the fact they are talking about censoring a rant.

The way I see it; when the forum founder likes the original post in a thread, perhaps it has merit?

Are you referring to my post? The possessive form of "forum" was correct. I was writing about this particular forum's thousands of posts (i.e., the thousands of posts on bariatricpal.com). I was also pointing out how ridiculous it would be to censor a rant. Was that not obvious? As for the dangling participle, I suppose I give more f***s than others when posting here, but certainly not an unlimited number.

I suppose I give more f***s than others when posting here, but certainly not an unlimited number.

lol, that is awesome. I am going to start using that one!

LOL!

So I could go into the moderator's forum and ask to have this thread closed. Is that what you want?

So I could go into the moderator's forum and ask to have this thread closed. Is that what you want?

Not really.