Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a gift for many of you...

Most of the people that post here do it on the phone app. You can tell from their posts.

Posting on the phone app is pretty different than posting on the site with a computer.

The way a lot people are on here reminds me of my friend that had RNY a few years ago. She thought I stopped being her friend because she lost weight but I stopped being her friend because she lost weight and turned into a raging bitch.

Oh well. It's just the Rants&Raves section. Don't deprive people of their fundamental right to rant!

And the best thing about this section is... if you feel offended, disgusted, outraged or upset about something other people post, you can always start a new thread that says 'OMG grammar nazis just get over it'. Enjoy your rant! :)

And the best thing about this section is... if you feel offended, disgusted, outraged or upset about something other people post, you can always start a new thread that says 'OMG grammar nazis just get over it'. Enjoy your rant! :)

I swear I am going to give you the 80's teen slow movie clap for that comment.

I swear I am going to give you the 80's teen slow movie clap for that comment.

<bowing gracefully>

@@BigViffer I knew you were going to think I was speaking only to you. My post was to all the grammar complainers. LMAO

I never mentioned your name specifically. I don't think anyone would care to have a conversation with anyone who is that judgemental. I know I wouldn't. That's why I didn't even want to address you. (insert heebie-jeebbie noise here) As far as your "joke" aspect, there is always truth in jest. Intelligence does not equal outstanding grammar.

You stated in your "rant" that you don't come here for support, only information. Maybe you should just stick to reading what your mind can understand and decipher. Leave the hard stuff for the people here who really care.

I'm sure it must be nice to be perfect, but I wouldn't know. I don't think I am perfect, I just know that I am better than many. And I also don't get self righteous on forums either.

Seriously, get over yourself. You aren't better than anyone. It's quite clear you haven't learned that yet in life. But as many love to remain asleep, joke away, non-self righteous one.

Seriously, get over yourself. You aren't better than anyone. It's quite clear you haven't learned that yet in life.

Are you seriously going to say that you have never, not even once thought that you were better than someone? Anyone? I just cannot believe that at all. Have you never watched the news and seen the drug users and abusers, child abusers, pimps, wife beaters, drunks, and politicians and not once thought that they were beneath you?

You think I haven't learned that I am no better than anyone else. I think it is backwards. I don't think you have learned that you are better than others. You think me judgmental, I just call it standards.

@@BigViffer

A tiny "KARMA UPDATE"

For a person who started out making fun of people's grammar, and spelling, you should really check your own writing. The previous post you made to me, had a few errors. You see, karma works brilliantly in this Universe!

To address your latest post. Actually, I know I am not better than anyone else. I can honestly say I was not raised to believe that anyone was better than anyone else. We are all equal. THANK THE UNIVERSE, and mom and dad! I have worth, just as every other human being does. We all have worth. I'm not better than anyone. I don't feed my ego, any more than I would feed my pouch at this point in my life.

So, in your Universe, an addict of gambling or drugs is not equal to an addict of food I guess, because you didn't get fat by osmosis. An addict is an addict is an addict. I just don't understand your thinking. I guess you're exempt, because you know, you're better than those addicts.

For you to think that you are better than others, is seriously and quite honestly,...not my business at this point. I wish you well, in this Universe.

*Walks away*

I've been coming to this board for over 9 years. I can't believe how many times this exact thread comes up. People are not going to change. People will continue to try to make them change.

The biggest thing I can stay is put breaks between your thoughts. People will not read your posts if they are just big long sentences with no indentations for paragraphs or a blank line in between your thoughts. If you want your posts to be read, you have to put some blank space somewhere.

@ - Technically it isn't karma, it's irony. Karma would be if someone skipped my posts because they were too poorly written. Irony would be when my mistakes were noticed.

Thanks for the well wishes. We'll just have to agree to disagree on everyone having worth. I am being literal and I believe you are being figurative.

To everyone else, I apologize for the light-hearted thread turning ugly. It appears I bring the best out in people.

I am tolerant :) but the emoticons :( get a bit much at times :)

Most people here are pretty nice MOST of the time. It seems like it truly was meant to be a light-hearted semi-humorous thread about grammar.

yall need to stop taking urselves so seriously cuz it starting to be a big ol buzz kill and I hate it when I have to deal with buzz killers it ruins my day and affects my mood I don't mind having to give my mental muscles a little bit of a workout to understand someone because we can learn from anyone if we are openminded and a lot of inccorectly written ideas have still had the power to inspire even though I have pet peeves about people mixing words that sound alike such as your and youre and theyre their and there and also this post didn't have a heading that said it was mandatory to read or respond to it so if you don't like it do what so many have suggested the original poster do and just move on to something you do want to read the main thing is that we all are kind and respectful to each other because without respect there can be no real communication

PS: It didn't occur to me the original post was in judgment of people or their intelligence, only their grammar. It didn't seem at all mean or ugly in any way.

Edited by Folly

wow.

I hate typos too. I also have a kindle that I use to access BP. It is smarter than I am and if I do not pay attention it will insert a word that has no meaning or is incorrect for that context.

I hate CAPS for the entire post - I feel like I am being screamed at so I don't read them.

I am also smart enough that if it's too hard to read (no breaks, just long sentences). I just don't read it. Hate to say it but after coming here about a year I am more intolerant of the folks who don't look in the forums for a thread similar to their question.

"Can I eat pizza on day three post-op?"

"I haven't had a BM in ten days, should I call the doctor?"

"I didn't lose ten pounds this week, am I doing something wrong?"

«««««duh»»»»»

I like emoticons????????????

Omg get a life! If I'm sending a letter or correspondence I will abide. But if I'm writing without my glasses, upset or spell check takes a flying leap in a wrong direction, please dear God or in your case Godess please forgive this minor sinner.

I have tried to be a positive booster in BP but in this case go teach school and leave us pouring out are dreams, fears, concerns, to us that no longer give a crap on their writing but what they are saying instead.

@@lmm300missouri You said it all. Beautifully. Typo away, I will read it. :)