Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys thanks a million for all your support. There have been low points along the way but having this group in place has been a really cool part of the whole thing. So glad that I've been through this with you folk. :)

My Facebook went wild last night..... absolutely wild. This was the first time I shared anything about it in general Facebook not my well cultivated group. Really did feel featherlight seeing it all this morning. 170 likes and over 50 comments on that thread.

Followed it up with this and it's started to gain likes already. Fair to say I'm feeling jubilant today!

post-262383-14530242416054_thumb.jpg

post-262383-14530244418338_thumb.jpg

Life is good!

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1452728662.528670.jpg

Surgery date September 24, 2015. Highest weight 277. Today's weight 214!

You look awesome! I am so glad we all connected here to encourage each other. It is just priceless. Our dates and stats are so close.

Keep up the good work.

Hey guys thanks a million for all your support. There have been low points along the way but having this group in place has been a really cool part of the whole thing. So glad that I've been through this with you folk. :)

I second that Des! As far as your progress pictures go... WOW! What a great transformation you have made. You look great. ( I still like the Sonic Hedgehog shirt, but you will need a much smaller size ;) )

Went in for my (late) 3 month check up with surgeon. He was pleased but suggested I add exercise for my overall health. Somehow I always make excuses not to do it.

I want to start walking again and remember how much I enjoyed it in the past once I got started, but just having trouble taking that first step.

I go back again in 6 months and will do blood panel then. Is that the same for you all?

Are you guys exercising?

ok i want to get to know you fellas more. My Facebook name is Desmond Longbottom. I would love to add you as friends (and get notifications when we send each other messages..... all about notifications me!)

Lotsa love

Des x

I am not on Facebook!???? I might have to break down and get an account!

Had bloods done today and came home with a 24 hr blood pressure monitor. .. it checks my BP every 20 minutes.

You ok Des? What the BP monitor?

It's an ongoing thing. Dr trying to ascertain just how much meds I need!

oh ma gawd.... .8 off of not being obese any more!

excitement!

I'm in fb as "Gigi Jimenez "

Des hope things go well with the BP meds. I don't have a FB. I know I live in the stone age..lol

.8 away!?! Wow!

I am closing in on onderland and just can't wait to get there!

So how is everybody doing? I'm in week nine from surgery now. It's funny just how much my head has changed since August when i started off on this journey. I feel changed. I used to think it was my body that was holding me back from stuff, but i realise now it was all in my head. My self doubting and anxiety has for the most part fizzled and popped. It's not cured, but i have so much more perspective on it now.

Body-wise i have a strange issue at the moment. I have cut my not insubstantial mane of hair off (my Facebook friends here may have seen already) and between that, the weight loss and the change of wardrobe i actually am having (minor) trouble recognising myself in the mirror. A few of my mates didn't recognise me for a second the other day too which compounded the issue somewhat. So my question to all you fantastic bariatric pals is this. How are you coping with all of your own changes? Are you in a mild identity crisis like myself? Personally mine is more of a curio than a crisis but i'd imagine that for others it could get quite rough reforming and reaffirming yourself.

Des x

oooh fact of the day.

Excess weight when lost where does it go?? Well it turns out that the fat stored when used as energy is excreted as CO2. Thats right sports fans. If you have lost 100lbs then that weight now exists as a similar weight of CO2 in the atmosphere. So for me there is nearly 120lbs of Des floating free over Ireland.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/where-does-your-fat-go-when-you-lose-weight

Edited by Desmond Longbottom