Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 year since initial consult

Well it has been a year now since my initial consult with my doctor. At the time I weighed 335 lbs and was just finishing up another summer of being miserably hot and desperate to lose the weight I had packed on during the last 15 years. I had just started a new job and found out that my insurance at my new company did cover weight loss surgery! I had tried 2 years ago but found out my old company's insurance did not cover WLS.

I had to wait the 6 months that some insurance companies require that turned into almost 9 months while paper work was submitted and surgery dates were set. During that time I decided to try and start living the diet that was proscribed for post surgery. Anything but perfect following it, but I did manage to lose 30 lbs over 9 months. I almost called the surgery off probably 50 times at least in my head, but finally decided to follow through and was sleeved in early May.

My weight on sleeve day after my 2 weeks of liquids was 300 lbs. After an initial 20 lbs drop, I hit the dreaded 3 week stall that lasted 3 weeks. Lost another 20 lbs and then stopped for another 3 weeks. I know have a slow and steady trickle of lbs released from my body.

My waist has dropped from 48" to 38" and I feel fantastic. I haven't enjoyed summer this much in years as I don't get overheated and can enjoy it. People tell me I look 20 years younger.

I hated the surgery at first, but have come to love it. I can drink as much Water as I want, but with solid food, 5 ounces max.

The journey continues!

Good for you!!! Congrats on your weight loss! I am glad you decided to go through with it. Thanks for the info about the 3 week stall. At least I will know it is normal if it happens to me:)

Congratulations on your success!!! Sounds like you're doing very well and will continue to do well. Enjoy your healthy new You and your healthy new Life!!!

Congratulations!! Isn't life so much better 100 pounds lighter??? :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches