Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 week post op & on a 2 week STALL! GOING CRAZY!

this week coming up is now week 5 and I am currently 226 and I have been now for 2 weeks! :( STALL :( since surgery I was losing a pound a day nice and steadily. :) since surgery on July 21st I have lost 26 lbs. I am not over exercising, I am not dehydrated, no I don't hit 64 oz daily but I do get up to 40 oz or more because I LOVE Water and even before surgery I always have. So I try to drink it all day as it is. My cals are not over 400, I absolutely do not cheat and I don't ever plan to. I had this surgery to lose and be healthy so I am not one to pop a Hershey kiss here and there lol 5 weeks out after surgery. I know everyone says lose the scale but I am not dropping pants sizes fast so to measure by how clothes feel on a weekly basis in the middle of a stall is hard to keep myself mentally positive. Do you know what I mean? It's such a mental game! UGHH I know I am not eating too much, yet when I am not losing I think I am eating too much then. :( I know I am no where near 3200 cals so clearly I am not. But it the mental game part. How long can the first stall last? I am going crazy. Has anyone's surgery ever not worked for them? :(

Virtually everyone goes through a significant stall starting somewhere around week 3. You aren't doing anything wrong, and neither was everyone else who stalled at week 3 before you. Use the search function here and look for "3 week stall" or something similar and you will see what I mean. Stop stressing and put the scale away for a while. Just focus on following your plan to the best of your ability. The weight loss will start up again, probably pretty soon.

On thank you. Its just so frustrating ????

Just. Breath.

You are going through the normal, happens to everybody, 3 week stall. After losing 26 pounds, your body is taking a break. You will NOT continue to lose a pound a day from here on out. It's not realistic. Once your completely normal stall is over, you will balance out to more 2-4 pounds a week losses.

This particular stall you just have to ride out. I would suggest upping your calories to 500 at this point, and making sure you're getting at least 60-70 grams of protien.

Be patient with the process. If you're as dedicated to it as you say you are, it will work. The weight isn't just going to fall off. You've got to put in the work, time and patience, and you will reap the rewards.

This may be your first stall, but it certainly won't be your last. It's all just part of the process.

Ok thank you :) I will up to 500 cals a day... I know that's not high for a human body... But it's so scary to up my cals after being so low. Does that sound crazy? Right now I am at about 40 Protein a day I try to get more in a day. I will go for 50-70. Thank you. It's just hard because my Protein Shake gives me great protein, at 26 grams in 1 scoop but I can't finish a full shake in 1 sitting. So I never finish a full shake ever. I get so full.

@@Lexuskela You said, "It's just hard because my Protein shake gives me great Protein, at 26 grams in 1 scoop but I can't finish a full shake in 1 sitting. So I never finish a full shake ever. I get so full."

It doesn't matter how long it takes you to finish a shake. You drink it until it's gone. Most plans recommend at least 60 ounces of protein daily.

What do you guys eat that your cals are 500 or less and 60 grams of Protein daily? Right now I am at 480 cals before my dinner & 54 grams of protein

Ok I can do that, just keep drinking it until gone. Yesterday I took mine to go out and of course could not finish it and was out and about. So with milk on it I could not let it sit and keep drinking after sitting in the car ????

@@Lexuskela

It's not easy at first, but you'll get it. Just do the best you possibly can getting your liquids and Protein drinks in! I know it feels like a full time job right now, but it will get easier and easier as time goes by and that little sleeve of yours loosens up a little.

You're doing just great!

Thank you so very much!! I greatly appreciate it! I truly do

My first stall was in the 3rd week after surgery. It lasted about 7 days. It was hard not to be frustrated but as others said stay on the program. One morning I got on the scale and there was a two pound weight loss.

You're only 5 weeks out so your body is still adjusting to surgery. Try to find other ways to measure your progress besides the scale. Take pictures, measure yourself, try on old clothes. It's reassuring to realize that even when the numbers aren't budging, your body is losing inches. Be sure to get your Protein First , in daily calories.

Still stalled. Upped my Protein. Called my NUT she says I am doing great... I lost so much in a month and a half that it's normal to stall for this long. UGHHHHHH I THINK MY BODY IS A JERK LOL

I have been in a stall since week 2, I lost 13 pounds the first week and 2 in the last 2 1/2 weeks. I'm doing everything according to my binder and following my plan. I had the rny 1 month ago and have only lost 15 pounds. I am truly unhappy with my results and a little discouraged. I see my dr on Friday. I'm disappointed that I haven't lost the 10 pounds he said he wanted me to lose. I have only lost 2????

I was sleeved August 31 and in think I'm in a stall too. I've lost 26 lbs since August 21, and seem stuck. I'm upping my Protein and my calories. let's hope our stalls end soon!!!!