Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recent fill def made a difference but..

@@Julie norton - I am sorry. My post was not meant to scare anyone. It did work for me and I lost 80 pounds, which I consider that a success! However, I did incur problems that was out of my control. I just don't want anyone else to have those problems either. Just be careful and listen to your bodies :)

@@Julie norton I ❤️❤️❤️ my band. Nothing bad to say about it at all! Just keeping the right balance of just right and too tight can be tricky.

Julie, I had gotten into the habit of following every thread remotely related to the band. That was a mistake. Now I'm being a bit more selective about what I choose to read. My band experience has been good. I've read enough to know if I start having bad symptoms to promptly get my band checked. Meanwhile, no need to immerse myself in negativity.

Good point and I don't want my head in the sand...that being said, any WLS has it's pros and cons. And golly. I'm starting to feel like our circle of banders gets a bit smaller every year⭐️

I now what you mean @ Julie Norton. Even when I look on the timeline for this site it's mostly sleeves.

I've started back to solid foods. I did have a bit of reflux last night. The nurse did mention before that I could be one of those who develops that issue with the band...even though I've never had a problem with it before.

I ate a poached egg and a couple of Tomato slices (from a small tomato) about an hour ago. I felt the "you better stop now or pay the consequences" feeling. But I still feel like I'm starving for some reason and besides that I feel that pain in my chest that I had before (that came a week or so after the fill though).

Did I jump in too quick to eating solid food again?? It's been 4 days since my fill. I did liquids Monday evening (my fill was late in the afternoon) and Tuesday, mushy Wednesday and all day thursday. I ate a couple pieces of chicken (bite size pieces) for dinner with some mashed potatoes and felt fine.

I'm sorry my feelings are not all full of happy, fuzzy, rainbows right now about this band. I envy those who don't feel this way. I wish I didn't. The band itself they say is fine (I just did a barium a few weeks ago). The problem I guess - like I said before - I can't find my happy place anymore. It makes me very sad.

Edited by iamshazza

I noticed the same thing , about on unread or timeline so I have to scroll & find post from Banders , I guess because WE are VIP"S now & what WE know as Veterans to the banding site , but I am Glad WE have Banders#7 to stay in touch , I guess since most of us got our groove back on life & are able to do SO MUCH MORE OUR PEOPLE DON'T POST as often because WE are moving & out & about doing things , then their are some people who still Lurk LOL but don't post because of some negative things or negative people , I just wish that WE could still see the friends list so WE can remember some of the people or message them to see how their doing since most of us got banded with in a year or 2 about the same time , other than that , things seem to be good with most of US , yes WE may have ups & downs or every day issues but at least We are here & keeping grounded because some people in our everyday life don't & would never understand how WE really felt before being Banded , I'm happy to have had & still have the support I do here .

@ Iamshazza I don't know what your Surgeon, Doctor or Nurse suggested to you after a fill , My Surgeon said 48 hrs 2 days or 3 of only liquids after a fill then 2 days of mushies , also don't know if you had the hiatial hernia repair when they did your band all I know is I did & I am SO HAPPY they did because I had REALLY BAD GERD & HEARTBURN , SINCE I HAVE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS , it takes time also to learn to take really small bites & chew forever to get it to mush &/ swallow before the next bite , it really is a learning experience that's hard but once you figure it out it's not so bad just gotta kind of learn how to eat again instead of inhaling the food , you will notice you enjoy or don't the taste of things because WE really slow down to eat , well good luck on the experience it's so worth it.

Shazza,

I haven't been following your threads. There are so many situations that can cause the problem you write about that it's nearly impossible to diagnose and advise here.

I would think 4 days is plenty of time for your stomach to adjust to the new fill? I'm going back in on the 17th for an unfill myself. I was fine for nearly a year but in the last 3 months I've noticed a lot more restriction at any time of day compared to a year ago. Makes me tend to move towards slider foods so I know I need some saline removed. It is depressing when these issues develop but from what I've read over the years it's normal.

Don't know why you had a fill but sounds like it's too much?

tmf

Hi,

I have read through this post and found it very informative.

First off let me say that I enjoy my band very much. It took about 4 month for me to start noticing any chaneg in my weight. I lost initially but then I started to gain weight.....bummer.

But then the fills really started to kick in. I started at 353 and now at 290 today. I had my surgery 1 year ago this August. Last month I lost 11 pounds.

I got a small fill a few days ago. I got .5 cc. I definately feel the difference. But I have started having the night cough stuff. I hate it! If I take a nap during the day....go figure I have no problem...only at night.

So tongiht I am being very careful on my intake and see if that really helps.

Thanks for your post people. I really enjoyed them. As I have read....us banders need one another.

Take care,

Keith

PS. I now take no meds whatsoever. My A1C went from 9.1 to 6.0....YAY!

Well my night time reflux continued and I had several pretty bad nights. Woke up today sick. Fever headache and chills which I think added to my tightness. So I went in for an adjustment. I was sooo irritated and tight today she ended up taking out 1 whole cc which terrifies me! I will definitely have to watch myself. She said come back when I'm feeling better and we can take it slow. I had the perfect restriction for my hunger and being satisfied with a small amount but the reflux was killing me. She brought up the sleeve again. She said some never find that perfect adjustment in the band. But that will be my last resort

Butterfly, I hear ya. I go in tomorrow for a small unfill. Always have that fear of losing and never finding the green zone again! But, I've already lost it since I feel like I'm too tight now so can't get any worse?

tmf

@2muchfun. Good luck with your unfill I have to say I have slept completely through the night with no coughing or choking since my unfill! Heavenly! Now, I just have to learn to like this feeling of hungry. The struggle is real! ????

Doc took 1 CC out and dinner went through just fine and I still felt satisfied. Looks encouraging.

I had a bad weekend last weekend with reflux, night cough, abdominal pain. The nurse took 6 - SIX - cc out of my band. Of course all my symptoms are gone and I feel hungry 24/7. I'm to the point of giving up. I'm about to call and talk to her about when I can start getting fills. Hopefully it will be SOON.