Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

leggings ARE pants!

They are pants or whatever I decide I want them to be! People are so quick to tell someone what they can and can't wear at certain weights. Sure, some articles of clothing don't necessarily flatter everyone but I've decided I will not allow anyone to tell me what I can and cannot wear ever again so to Celebrate that new found freedom I'm wearing leggings, My daughter snapped a picture and I'm sharing it!!! Like it or not!! Oh and when my new tall boots show up this week that cover my thick legs I'm going to wear them too!!! Hope everyone is winning their own battles. :)

post-237766-0-62483900-1440877398_thumb.jpg

You look great in your leggings! I am one of those people that is of the opinion that leggings are not pants, lol, primarily because I feel like most of them are sort of thin material and I feel like if I'm not wearing a longer shirt that goes down to mid-thigh, then maybe my butt might be a little more see-through than I prefer. Thick leggings all day, but thinner leggings, eh...I stay away. Speaking of leggings though, it is almost fall which means lots of shorter dresses with leggings and tights and boots and coats and scarves and pumpkin spice lattes. Yay and yum.

@@AvaFern Lol! Well maybe not the thin ones but I'm feeling pretty liberated! I have NEVER worn leggings of any kind (since being a kid) I always saw jokes about bigger people wearing certain clothes. I feel like I got ripped off because these are comfy!!! I have 6 pairs now :)

I'm with you Elode! Strut your stuff girl! Don't you just feel "free" now? You can wear whatever you want to wear. Not saying you couldn't before, but now do it with confidence.

@@Elode Own those leggings girl! I don't care what people think, I'll wear what I want!

And yoga pants are my new favorite go to. :)

We should wear what we want to wear.

I certainly do!

I'm about to quit giving even a small f**k what anybody else thinks about me.

And it's going to feel good. :)

@@TammyDTM Yes actually I do! I haven't found the freedom to release these arms to the public yet but hopefully someday soon!

@@wantingabetterlife lol! That's what I'm saying! I'm all about the comfort!

Amen sister! VSGAnn2014!

I guess I'm just having a fed up moment! Soooo many times I've liked something and wouldn't dare buy it because "society" says I won't look right in it, I'm too big for that, Some flesh may protruded a little more than it "should". I say the hell with it!! If I like it and I'm not breaking any "actual" laws I'm wearing it!

People quick to tell someone what they can and can't wear

@@Elode

you and your doggie look sooooo happy (and cute too) :)

you are looking great

wonderful feeling to have that sense of being an eagle

flying/soaring high with wings spread :rolleyes:

feeling free ;)

designers make sooooooo.....many blouses with horizontal stripes :o

yeah, emphasize that area that looks awful!!!

nobody TOLD me not to wear those blouses

i just knew i felt and looked terrible in stripes :(

NSV , i now can/ do wear striped blouses (4 new ones hanging in my closet :rolleyes: )

by the way bud - i think we look pretty cute standing next to each other :) :lol:

kathy

congrats

@@proudgrammy Oh the striped Blouse saga! ;) I'm glad you can and do wear them! Who makes these rules anyway?! My pup is happy because I was gone working for 14 hours, he probably thought I was gone forever.....like every time I leave a room. I'm sure we would look just radiant standing together! Who's gonna tell us we don't?!!

You look amazing! This is also just a beautifully taken photo as well.

Cute! I also love leggings with boots and a longer sweater or tunic! That will be staple winter wear for me. I was wearing skinny jeans tucked into my boots last year... but I have several pairs of leggings I plan on wearing this year. Wear what makes you feel happy, because I am sure you look great in all of it : )

@@MarceMonster Well thank you! All credit goes to my 14 yr old daughter. She's the picture taker!

we would look radiant standing together! Who's gonna tell us we don't?!!

@@Elode

I'd like to see anyone try :angry: ;)

today we BOTH are/look "cute" as a button :rolleyes:

i feel great now that i do/and can wear those horizontal striped blouses :)

their are soooo many out there (kohl's etc)

why do they make them for overweight people???

MAYBE if "someone" taught me how to take pics and post on board ;)

i would take a pic of me and those stripes

do you know anyone who could help me out :mellow:

PM if anyone wants to help me :huh:

still waiting, Quest bar in hand :lol:

stand tall and proud in those cool leggings :rolleyes:

kathy