Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am in massive regret mode myself right now. I just am not ready to let go of the lifestyle and living my life like this is just making me miserable. Some days I feel better but not today.

Me too. My life is upside down. Let's all try and hang in there since it seems like we are all in the same boat at the same time.

It will get better. I had bypass 8/13 and the pain is barely starting to lighten up. Keep your chin up. We had major surgery and it's gonna take time. You will be happy once the pain starts subsiding and you see those results!!! Hang in there : ))

I got sleeve 8/27 and wish I haven't done it. I'm hurting so bad. It's really hard on me. I'm so uncomfortable :/

Is not an easy recovery everyone is different but please stay positive and give it time you will feel better

I sleeved 8/26... Only feel slight discomfort at one of the incision sites, but not enough for pain meds. This is the healing process n we have to give internal organ that has been severely altered a fighting chance at healing properly. Don't get discouraged...this first stage. Hunger will soon get satisfied with full liquids. You alreAdy wondered and pondered before you had the surgery...true, you didn't know you'd feel this was, but you knew already all those other options at dieting didn't work for you so stop beating yourself up. You're gonna be just fine.

I was also sleeved on 8/24015. Although I haven't posted anything I have been coming to the Forum to help me feel better. I thought I was so prepared. I read books, forums, and talked to plenty of people. Nothing has gone as planned. : (

I am living off sugar free popsicles, barely staying hydrated, and there is no Protein shake on this planet I can seem to get down. I imagine my body is eating away at my muscles....and then all my hair will fall out because I cant get my Protein in.

I am on the 21 day thin liquid plan. The forum friends that get food sooner seem a lot happier and with more energy. How am I to exercise when I am living off of the tiniest amount of calories?

I am also faced with starting work on Wed.....hope I can figure out protein soon.

@@D. Kennedy

When do you get to start pureeds or soft food? My goodness that's a long time on thin liquids!

Once you start soft foods, you really turn a corner. You have a lot more variety, and you feel less like an outsider.

Week 2 I was bored out of my mind. Now at week 6 I have a large variety of things I can choose from.

It gets better, hang in there.

Sleeved June 3, best thing I've ever done. Down over 60 lbs, don't even worry about what I eat, because I eat such small portions that the weight goes down, exercise or not. Hope you feel the same way. New lease on life here.

Hi everyone,

I was sleeved on 8/24 and I am fluctuating between loving it and being kind of sad. I wonder if I made the right decision and if I should have just stuck it out another way. It also just may be too early for me and I'm still adjusting to such a huge change. Has anyone else experienced this?

I felt exactly the same way. You do learn to love it. Sooner than later too! Good luck

I have said to myself so many times geez did I do the right thing? I wish so many other those days that I wish I could eat a regular meal and not feel sick and then drink something during my meals so my mouth doesn't get dry then I walk by my closet and see my fat jeans staring me in the face and remember, man I definitely made the right choice. I'm healthier, stronger and so much more happy since I started. Hang in there and you too will come the the conclusion like most of us did, that it is soooo worth it! Good luck and stay strong!

I was sleeved August 19th and the first 2-3 days were hard, but now it's just alright. One thing that kept me from getting all miserable and sorry for myself was the fact that despite reading hundreds of threads on this forum, I've never actually come across someone who had this surgery long time ago (year or more out) and regreted it! It made me positive that the bad feelings will eventually go away.

@@D. Kennedy I could not do the Protein Shakes either. I found Isopure is the best for me. It has 40 grams of Protein per bottle. I pure a little in a glass of ice let it melt some and that helps the taste.

I was just talking to my co workers about the fact that at this point I am so unhappy with myself. I wish I had not got the surgery done. Then I came in the office and saw this post. I know (orat least hope) that a few months from now when I can see the weight lose I will be happy with the choice but right now I just want a 32oz of soda or shoot just Water and be able to drink it without being in pain. I am so tired of always hurting when I eat or drink anything.

I posted this three days ago and I am already feeling better. It is difficult to have such a drastic lifestyle change but we chose this for a reason - to be healthier! I don't want to sit on the sidelines of my life anymore. I would rather be able to do things with others than eat a whole pizza by myself. It is definitely a mourning process and incredibly difficult to come to terms with. But you will eat more than 6 teaspoons again and you will enjoy food again! It's not the easy way out, it's very difficult and mostly a mental battle. Hang in there!