Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

I was sleeved on 8/24 and I am fluctuating between loving it and being kind of sad. I wonder if I made the right decision and if I should have just stuck it out another way. It also just may be too early for me and I'm still adjusting to such a huge change. Has anyone else experienced this?

I think almost all of us have experienced this. Sometimes I go back and read my posts from right after surgery and I laugh a little because of how much I thought I had ruined my life. Everything will be ok. You are less than a week out from surgery, which is by far the worst time. Give yourself a few months and you too will be able to look back at this post and think, whew, glad I got through that!

Hi, I was sleeved on 8/17. I am not regretting it but it, but it hasn't been an easy journey for me so far. I was readmitted to the hospital the day after being discharged. I was dry heaving and had severe nausea. It took a couple of days to get everything under control and there were some moments when I felt so sick that I prayed it wouldn't be like his forever. I was in the hospital an additional three nights and I am feeling so much better. I am having a hard time drinking Protein Shakes as my taste buds have definitely changed and I didn't think it was possible! It's still relatively new and I am trying my best to do the best job I can with this new tool. Give it some time. Best of luck to you on your journey.

It's still early. You're still healing, and your stomach is still all curled up and feeling sorry for itself.

Once you start healing up and feeling better, and once you're back on real food, and you start seeing the weight dropping off...you'll feel a lot better about it all.

Ditto it just early. Just wait until you start buying ne clothes nd people notice you. Its a great ride

Most people go through it. As things normalize more for you, you will feel better about things and the future. Especially as you see the weight come off :)

Your feelings are totally normal. I'm 9 wks out. Now most days I'm very happy. But some days I just feel sorry for myself. I think, I can't just take a big ole bite of a cheeseburger or gulp down Water. And, I can't believe I had to staple my stomach because I couldn't stop eating. Your mind is so powerful. I let myself feel those feelings and the next day when I get on the scale and I'm down another pound...it's so good!!!!!

I feel the same way. I was sleeved 7/27 and I'm constantly thinking to myself this was the worse decision to make. But I have no choice now and gonna make the best of it. I know my thoughts will change once I see the results

Those of you who still have regrets, go find the before and after photo threads. I guarantee they will make you feel better.

Ditto on all the above replies. For the first 2 weeks I thought I had made the biggest mistake of my life. 4 months later and down almost 70 from surgery and 100 from first consult, I couldn't be happier. I don't miss food like I thought I would and my energy level is 3 times what it was before. I haven't enjoyed a nice hot summer like I have this year for 20 years...I don't get that hot!

Sleeved on August 10th and first 10 days were so ha4d kept thinking on and off how I should have tried harder without surgery. But today is better everyday is better. I look forward to the next day knowing I will be better and I have lost 20 lbs since preop diet on 7/27. It gets better and I get out more mow that helps. Good luck to all.

Thank you all! Your replies make me feel so much better. I know it's worth it and I will feel better in a few months. It's easy to get down on myself.

I am loving all these replies and am so glad 'm116b' opened this forum. I was sleeved on 8-19-15 and had to be readmitted for a 2nd surgery due to a complication (i figuted out only 2%get) on 8-24-15. I am wondering the same things. When preparing meals, I'm thinking I could have done this on my own with alot of willpower. I hope everyone is right and it won't take long to get over this slump. Tonight was difficult. My husband tried a new recioe and the whole family was sitting around describing the taste, texture, and how wonderful everything was. I couldn't even taste a tiny itty bitty bit. The only thing good I can say about tonight and so far, I don't have to clean pots, pans, stove, etc, Lol

I am loving all these replies and am so glad 'm116b' opened this forum. I was sleeved on 8-19-15 and had to be readmitted for a 2nd surgery due to a complication (i figuted out only 2%get) on 8-24-15. I am wondering the same things. When preparing meals, I'm thinking I could have done this on my own with alot of willpower. I hope everyone is right and it won't take long to get over this slump. Tonight was difficult. My husband tried a new recioe and the whole family was sitting around describing the taste, texture, and how wonderful everything was. I couldn't even taste a tiny itty bitty bit. The only thing good I can say about tonight and so far, I don't have to clean pots, pans, stove, etc, Lol

Those of you who still have regrets, go find the before and after photo threads. I guarantee they will make you feel better.

Another thing I like to do is look at the before and after photos on Instagram (#wls #wlscommunity #wlsfamily). BIG source of inspiration! :)

I am in massive regret mode myself right now. I just am not ready to let go of the lifestyle and living my life like this is just making me miserable. Some days I feel better but not today.