Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stupid things people say when they find out you've had surgery....

I'm getting ready to have mine next week, I told 6 people. I made it very clear they are to respect my privacy, because of the negative comments that people would say. Don't need judgmental comments when your trying to make a significant change.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I'm getting ready to have mine next week, I told 6 people. I made it very clear they are to respect my privacy, because of the negative comments that people would say. Don't need judgmental comments when your trying to make a significant change.

My goodness I feel the same. I have only told my father and my mother and one other friend that is a doctor.

Everyone else can get bent. I seriously

Don't trust anyone. So many people that you think are close you you can turn on you in a second. I know it sounds negative, but I'm not a negative person. It's reality. Being this big for me has really taught me some valuable lessons about the human condition.

❤️❤️❤️

My personal favorite.....You really didn't look like you needed to lose that much weight. REALLY??? Were you blind?

Just got told that!! Exact words : you're not fat enough for Bariatric surgery!

Well apparently my dr thinks so!

I was told this a lot as well

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

This one by my own mother...

You will lose weight but you'll never be skinny. Your big boned so don't get your hopes up.

FFS. Makes me feel like punching every single skinny person I know hahaha

❤️❤️❤️

This one by my own mother...

You will lose weight but you'll never be skinny. Your big boned so don't get your hopes up.

FFS. Makes me feel like punching every single skinny person I know hahaha

❤️❤️❤️

Made me want to punch my mother out when she said this. But I obviously didn't because I know she has no filter. Instead, I'm going to prove her wrong.

I need to let my husband read this thread, I think this will help him understand.

In my opinion, unless you walked in "our shoes" that lead us down this path, you'll never truly understand.

I need to let my husband read this thread, I think this will help him understand.

In my opinion, unless you walked in "our shoes" that lead us down this path, you'll never truly understand.

Correct. Non big people have no idea. Then when you go to a dietician or a psychologist that's NEVER BEEN FAT and they try to tell you they understand. No. They do not understand.

❤️❤️❤️

Edited by PiriNola

My personal favorite.....You really didn't look like you needed to lose that much weight. REALLY??? Were you blind?

I got that from the girls I work with. It's like if they could spend one day onside my body. I hurt so bad from the extra weight on my joints I was getting injections and physical therapy for my knee. It's not all about fitting in those skinny jeans lol.

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

I don't understand why you couldn't just have some willpower and **** your mouth.
You don't need to change your diet just get active.
Being overweight isn't the problem it's your attitude and inactive lifestyle. I just want you to be more "fit" and "active". (My ex)
I thought you were fine fat.
Just eat more vegetables.
I'll just f**k the fat off you. [emoji4] my personal favorite.
Don't even get me started on the stuff my family said before I was considering surgery!!! About how "worried" they were about me

OMG! If that worked there wouldn't be such an epidemic of obesity lol

"O, I bet your husband is just tickled to death with your weight loss".....
"I bet you can't keep your husband off of you"
Ummmmmm.....
So, apparently some people think that being "wanted" by my husband only comes with weight loss. Huh?? SMDH.

Right. Is it hard to believe that fat people can have better sex life's than some thin people. Or that fat people are actually mating lol

Your gonna look like a crack head. I didn't marry you skinny I don't want you skinny. I'm not taking you out to eat no more for
You to waste money on food you don't eat

Wow... Just wow... I'm sorry but you're married to an abusive @$$hole

Sent from my SM-G900FD using BariatricPal mobile app

"I know someone who just died after having it done just a year ago" (turns out after she lost all her weight she only drank beer and smoked cigarettes and ate very little and it was junk. She poisoned and starved herself). "

Do we perhaps know the same person??? Mine, however, is my PCP sooo...

H 5'6" HW 253, CW 245, TBS 9/19