Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going in for the BIG reveal....

Jenifer,

I am praying for you both!

God Bless you.

AND.....the results are IN! The best case scenario has been given to Dave, thank God, in his situation. Our beloved Oncologist called us at about 9:30 our time last night for a brief fill-in, then again this morning at 9:30 for the full story. The PET scan showed the cancer was in the predicted colon (tumor), as well as in a couple of lymph nodes in that region, and in a couple of spots around the left side of the abdominal cavity. But NOWHERE else! Not in any other organ, nor in the brain, or bones! And it shows most of the cancer was destroyed during chemo, but still remains somewhat in the tumor in the colon itself. All will be removed during surgery, and the Oncologist does not believe Dave will need a coloscopy bag. However, that will be determined by the surgeon, as well as if he will have the radiation during surgery, but right now that is the plan.

So, needless to say, this news is the best we could have asked for, especially the part where there isn't any additional cancer. Obviously no one can predict he future, but the Oncologist is optimistically cautious, and so are we! Onto the surgeon's visit on September 1st, when the surgery will be scheduled, and we think it will be almost immediately, depending on if the Avastin is completely out of his system. It will be a very rough surgery, with a long recovery, but we are very anxious to get this going, and get PAST this!

All of your prayers and good wishes are heard, felt, and very much appreciated. We cannot believe how many people have shown support and love for us, it just brings tears to our eyes. "Thank you" seems so inadequate. Just know that you are all in our hearts, and in OUR prayers, and God Himself knows your hearts, and SOMEDAY, your reward will be great!

More as we progress, my dears, and God bless YOU all!

Jenifer

That's amazing!!! I couldn't be more thrilled for you both. I'll continue to pray the surgery gets rid of the rest of the cancer. Hugs from Texas!!

What great news. All Power and Glory to our Lord Jesus Christ - how amazing is prayer.

Well, God is good ! What great news! Will continue to pray for you both. Thanks for the update. Take care of yourselves.

I am so happy for you both!

CanyonBaby,

Oh, my goodness! Congratulations, and thanks for letting us know! Best wishes for Tuesday’s appointment with the surgeon, and of course let us know any updates.

Sending Dave and you the best of energy, good vibes, prayers, healing waves of compassion, when I press "Post", it will travel up and out of our Colorado mountain valley, go up to 15,000 feet and find you, and with light speed, come to you and envelope you both with love. Get ready, it is about to fly..

Prayers of thanksgiving and prayers for a successful surgery and full recovery.

Congratulations Canyon Baby and your Dear Husband Dave! You will continually be in our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery post surgery. Big hugs to you both.

So glad for you and Dave! I know this will be a long road still, but what great news that the surgery will be able to take care of the tumor successfully. I continue to keep you in prayer as you care for your beloved Dave, and Dave in prayer that he may be strengthened daily as he travels this journey.

Bless you both!

Kim

Ok, we have a surgery date, but due to the surgeon's busy schedule (he only does one of these surgeries a day -since this surgery is a minimum of 5 hours long, and that is once a week he operates) it won't be until October 7th. He is very optimistic for Dave, and figures the surgery to add 10 years to the average person having it. Remember, this is the ONLY surgeon in the U.S. that does this heated chemotherapy surgery, so we are extremely fortunate to have him do the surgery. He has been doing this type of surgery for 20 years, and is extremely familiar with Dave's type of situation.

Apparently the month we need to wait for the surgery should not cause the tumor to regrow (in that amount of time), and in the meantime, Dave can (hopefully) put ON some weight and focus on getting as strong and healthy as possible before the

surgery. The surgeon suggested strengthening and toning the muscles by doing reps with 5lb weights, which he has found to really help with this type of surgery. A diet rich in calories, but low in refined and processed foods are in order (once again, a challenge for MY diet!!!), but he still is having difficulty finding interest in eating.

All of this will change,however, if there is a cancellation, and they move him up in the schedule, which we hope will happen - the sooner the better to get this over with! I'll write more as we find out more....Bless you all and have a great evening!

So glad you all have a date. Praying that Dave can add some weight to make healing easier. All the best to you both!

Kim