Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cold turkey 15 years ago.

It took a couple weeks to get past it, but became much, much easier after that.

In no time I began feeling a great deal better.

For months afterwards I had episodes in the hot & steamy showers where I'd cough up nasty crud.

My breathing became much easier and life was improved in many ways.

I've owned two cars since that I bought new and never smoked in them. It's great having a vehicle that doesn't smell like cigarettes or have that film build up on your windshield (same junk was building up in my lungs while smoking).

Getting past smoking was a huge hurdle in my life.

You will feel so much better. Combine that with the relief you'll get through upcoming weight loss.......you'll feel like a lottery winner.

Good luck. It's worth it !!!!

I'm still in the pre testing phase... im about half done. I have 2 more psych appts, my sleep study, pft, and a dietician appt left. Problem is... i can not seem to quit smoking. Anyone else have this issue? I never thought it would be this difficult. I tried to quit.. made it 3 days and snuck out of the house at 3 am to the gas station... chained smoked 3 cigs before i felt bad and broke the rest. Only after all of that dramatic mess was i able to sleep that night! Is there any hope?

I am so glad that you brought this subject up. I have been afraid that people will judge me because of my smoking. My problem is that I don't want to quit. I actually really enjoy it! But I know that my surgeon will not operate on me if he knows that I've been smoking within two weeks of the surgery. So what do you do? I'm going to ask my doctor to put me on Chantix, and hopefully that helps. I also have a vaporizer, so maybe that can be an option. Just know that you are not alone. Quitting smoking sucks! Please let me know if you find something that helps you. I need all the help I can get too!!! :)

I'm still in the pre testing phase... im about half done. I have 2 more psych appts, my sleep study, pft, and a dietician appt left. Problem is... i can not seem to quit smoking. Anyone else have this issue? I never thought it would be this difficult. I tried to quit.. made it 3 days and snuck out of the house at 3 am to the gas station... chained smoked 3 cigs before i felt bad and broke the rest. Only after all of that dramatic mess was i able to sleep that night! Is there any hope?

I am so glad that you brought this subject up. I have been afraid that people will judge me because of my smoking. My problem is that I don't want to quit. I actually really enjoy it! But I know that my surgeon will not operate on me if he knows that I've been smoking within two weeks of the surgery. So what do you do? I'm going to ask my doctor to put me on Chantix, and hopefully that helps. I also have a vaporizer, so maybe that can be an option. Just know that you are not alone. Quitting smoking sucks! Please let me know if you find something that helps you. I need all the help I can get too!!! :)

I felt the same too! Im vaping today... not seem to be going too bad.. so far. Lol

I have surgery Tuesday and fighting this demon as well. I will not let myself smoke after surgery but stopping before is proving crazy hard. I hear for the first little bit afterwards that you don't even want one. However, I am armed with a low nicotine vape and a bottle of zero nicotine juice too. I plan on putting the zero nicotine in but I am not going to allow myself to even touch that until I'm discharged and then I'll try and dare myself to go an hour...and another hour...and so forth. I plan on only using the low nicotine vape and no cigs from Sunday til surgery. We shall see. Prayers for all of us!

I have surgery Tuesday and fighting this demon as well. I will not let myself smoke after surgery but stopping before is proving crazy hard. I hear for the first little bit afterwards that you don't even want one. However, I am armed with a low nicotine vape and a bottle of zero nicotine juice too. I plan on putting the zero nicotine in but I am not going to allow myself to even touch that until I'm discharged and then I'll try and dare myself to go an hour...and another hour...and so forth. I plan on only using the low nicotine vape and no cigs from Sunday til surgery. We shall see. Prayers for all of us!

How did your surgery go?? Hope everything went well for you!

I quit smoking using Chantix!! ???? I have been ???????? for 80 days. I smoked the first week and after that I didn't want them. My daughter has a vape with 0 nicotine that I may puff every blue moon just because I like the way the smoke has a cool feeling on my face. (Weird huh)

You can do it, there are plenty of options that are out there these days to assist you.

Good luck ????????

I'm about a month clean and my Wellbutrin seems to help a lot, but a lot of the time it's also pure will power! I want to smoke so bad it's insane. But all I can think about is my dr will not do my surgery if I test positive for nicotine and he will make me go another 3 months.

You can do it! Like you said, it all about will power.

Good luck to you ????????

I just went out with a woman who smoked. You will not believe how bad it smells.

I can't believe we used to be able to smoke inside in public meetings. ;-) (well it was the 80's, there wasn't much in the way of quality control back then)

Edited by OKCPirate

I just started Chantix yesterday. I'm Really hoping to not have any of the weird side effects that some people experience. Here goes nothin'!

I just went out with a woman who smoked. You will not believe how bad it smells.

I can't believe we used to be able to smoke inside in public meetings. ;-) (well it was the 80's, there wasn't much in the way of quality control back then)

That is crazy! Did you feel tempted at all?

I just started Chantix yesterday. I'm Really hoping to not have any of the weird side effects that some people experience. Here goes nothin'!

I used Chantix to quit 84 days ago

The only side effect I had was very vivid dreams. They were so surreal but after waking up I didn't remember them.

Good luck!

I'm seeing my doc next week for Chantix. I have to quit by November or doc Won't do surgery....here goes nothing!

I'm seeing my doc next week for Chantix. I have to quit by November or doc Won't do surgery....here goes nothing!

I'm in the same boat. Surgery is November 16th, so I want to try and quit now. It's going to be hard. Cigarettes are pretty much my last vice! I hope Chantix works for both of us!!