Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm hungry but the thought of Soup, mashed potatoes, Popsicles, & Jello makes me want to puke. What else is there that I can eat. There is no way you can eat these food the entire time & not get tired of them. The thought of it is nauseating.

Some natural/Greek yogurt?

Maybe with a drizzle of honey?

I have tried many foods that I puree or mash. One I didn't think I would like, but I actually love is mashed cauliflower. I have zero calorie spinkles similar to Mrs. Dash that I bought at Cabelas and I just sprinkle a little bit. This way I stay away from salt and butter etc.

How about oatmeal, cream of wheat or grits? I've read you can have cottage cheese and scrambled eggs. Not too sure I would try them.

Google it, you will get a million hits and then just read, read, read.

Another great resource is the Nutrition section right here.

Best of luck, hope you find a good meal that has you saying yum!

I just found this site: http://milestogo.squarespace.com/post-op-food-phase-3-soft-food/

Looks like many great ideas.

I felt the same exact way so I decided to make baked ricotta. Which is basically lasagna without noodles and meat. Just make sure to puree the sauce for any Tomato chunks beforehand.

I just finished my 2 weeks post op and puree diet seemed scary to try after having been on full liquids for a month now. But this morning I felt hunger and weakness so I decided to try it and I took a can of Bush's refried Beans fat free with no sugars and 9 gms Protein per 1/2 cup serving added a pinch of shredded cheddar and Pacific turkey Bone Broth with rosemary, sage and thyme and pureed it in my ninja chopper. It came out so smooth my doctor's guideline is to eat 2 tablespoons of a pureed protein. I warmed it up and it was delicious. But these past few days it had been much harder to stay on full liquids. I am glad I stayed on it. Even now just a little something different makes it possible to continue with mostly full liquids. I read it was good idea to only add one new food to my diet at a time to see how I tolerated it. Good luck to all still weeks from solids. We can make it. Think about the weight loss so far and the loss to come. Since starting preop diet to now 2 weeks post op I have lost 20 lbs thats amazing to me.

I felt the same exact way so I decided to make baked ricotta. Which is basically lasagna without noodles and meat. Just make sure to puree the sauce for any Tomato chunks beforehand.

This sounds really good. I was reading in my notebook from my surgery center and saw ricotta, YUM. Thanks for posting this, it will be on my menu when I can puree foods.

I just finished my 2 weeks post op and puree diet seemed scary to try after having been on full liquids for a month now. But this morning I felt hunger and weakness so I decided to try it and I took a can of Bush's refried Beans fat free with no sugars and 9 gms Protein per 1/2 cup serving added a pinch of shredded cheddar and Pacific turkey bone broth with rosemary, sage and thyme and pureed it in my ninja chopper. It came out so smooth my doctor's guideline is to eat 2 tablespoons of a pureed Protein. I warmed it up and it was delicious. But these past few days it had been much harder to stay on full liquids. I am glad I stayed on it. Even now just a little something different makes it possible to continue with mostly full liquids. I read it was good idea to only add one new food to my diet at a time to see how I tolerated it. Good luck to all still weeks from solids. We can make it. Think about the weight loss so far and the loss to come. Since starting preop diet to now 2 weeks post op I have lost 20 lbs thats amazing to me.

This sounds good too. I also have a Ninja with Ultra IQ, so I'm hoping that will blend anything. Thanks for another good recipe.

I know its tough. I had moments in the end of my liquid phase when I thought I would go crazy. But, you will get through it. Just know that soon the world of food will open back up and you will have an entire new set of challenges of choosing the right things for you. This phase is just part of it. Stick to it! Good luck!

What did your surgeon give you as a plan? I was not allowed to have mashed potatoes, oatmeal or anything that had carbs in it.

Canned chili without Beans? Fat free refried Beans with cheese?

My diet book given to me by NUT has puree vegetables I picked Beans because I like them and they have Protein. Not really sure I want to puree chicken. Tomorrow I see my surgeon and NUT will ask questions and post any new ideas. I can have mashed potatoes but too much starch I am trying to make good choices. Sweet potato is in my book. tuna, avocado,, mayo, even egg just not sure how puree form will taste.

Edited by rln52

Saw my surgeon and NUT discussed puree options pretty much its 1 Protein and 1 vegetable or fruit 3 times a day. 2tbps protein and 1 of veg or fruit per meal. Pretty much any food seems okay just best to stay with lower carbs like green Beans and cauliflower but must blend to puree.

Edited by rln52