Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pancreatitis buddy out there?

I was experiencing some serious cramps that I thought was Constipation given that I had been on soft solid foods for 2 days. Well, after a few days of growing intense pain, I went to the ER....an ambulance ride to MGH and after some tests they determined it is pancreatitis...OUCH!! I know a lot of people post some reasons as to why they regret having the sleeve surgery...which is usually followed up with "it'll get better and you'll be very happy you did"...and I do believe that is the case. however, has any ever had this? I'm definitely reading WAY too much on the web because this can get pretty bad. I'm hoping it's one and done.....I'm just really hoping it goes away soon. It's so painful and there is very little relief. I could use a pancreatitis buddy if there are any of you out there...

thanks!

Christy

I had pains went to the ER they said pancreatic duct dilation....

I feel like I need a detox...what natural supplements are good for this?Pancreatic health is important.

I had acute pancreatitis two weeks after my surgery. It was very painful and I was hospitalized for it. After it subsided, I have not had any other problems. My doctors said that sometimes surgery can aggravate your pancreas and it just reacts. Hopefully you will get through it and not have any more issues with it!

Yes...this first occurs after my gallbladder removal

Mine was just over 2 weeks as well...I don't know how to find relief.....do you mind me asking how long yours lasted? They told me I could choose to stay at hospital or go home with meds....the hospital was soooo uncomfortable and I couldn't lie fiwn...needed my recliner. ..so I went home.

Mine lasted about 8 days. They kept me on IV pain meds so mine was not as unbearable. I wasn't comfy at the hospital but they didn't give me an option to come home!

I had acute pancreatitis as a complication of gall stones back in 2003. I ended up in the hospital for a week before they could do a laproscopic removal of my gall bladder. I found the IV meds *wonderful* in making me comfortable, and worth being in the hospital.

Do you recall having bowel movements. .. I have so much as passed gas since Saturday afternoon ....tmi...I know...I'm sorry. ..but this is horrible....ugh

Do you recall having bowel movements. .. I have so much as passed gas since Saturday afternoon ....tmi...I know...I'm sorry. ..but this is horrible....ugh

I personally didn't. Between being on pain meds and not being allowed to eat, I really didn't have to!

I had acute pancreatitis two weeks after my surgery. It was very painful and I was hospitalized for it. After it subsided, I have not had any other problems. My doctors said that sometimes surgery can aggravate your pancreas and it just reacts. Hopefully you will get through it and not have any more issues with it!

How long were u hospitalized? I'm kn the hospital for it as we speak

I had acute pancreatitis as a complication of gall stones back in 2003. I ended up in the hospital for a week before they could do a laproscopic removal of my gall bladder. I found the IV meds *wonderful* in making me comfortable, and worth being in the hospital.

This was me too but in 2011. IT was 13 full days before they could do the laproscopic gallbladder removal. It was horrible because for some reason the IV pain meds had zero effect on me.

It does end. It gets better. You most likely need iv antibiotics to help the swelling go down. I promise it gets better! Just hang in there and you will get through it!!

How long were u hospitalized? I'm kn the hospital for it as we speak

I was in the hospital for 8 days. I had my gall bladder removed 13 years ago so it wasn't a factor in my pancreatitis.

I got my sleeve 8 days ago and I have elevated pancreatic enzymes, which is low level pancreatitis. It's sooo painful. IV Morphine is really the only thing that makes the pain go away and allows you to drink to stay hydrated. If you stay in the hospital, they'll give you IV fluids. As your new anatomy heals, so will your pancreas but it does take a little time. Pain meds and lots of Water got me through it! Good luck!!'

Thank you!! I think I'm finally on the other side of the pancreatitis. Had some follow up imagining and scans done and everything looks clear. I've started incorporating more foods into my diet and haven't lost too much weight in the last 3 weeks...which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. After a whirlwind 6 weeks...I'm happy to have leveled out for a bit and am working on a balanced diet and exercise. Fingers crossed the pancreatitis never returns!

Good luck to you as you heal from surgery. I hope your pancreatitis is gone and you're feeling so much better!