Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Swai is Asian catfish. I like this fish better than most white fish because it is very mild. It has a slight fish taste, and it accepts seasonings and flavors very well. You can get a 2lb bag at Walmart for about 5.88, that is about 6-8 fillets.

• 1/2 of Swai Fillet (weigh to get the exact weight, aim for 3oz at first, increasing as you can eat more)
  • Seasoning of Choice, I use FlavorGod Lemon and Garlic
  • 1 teaspoon Ghee or butter
  • OR
  • Spray Olive Oil or Coconut Oil

Preheat oven to 350

Use a piece of aluminum foil about 2-3x the size of the filet. Take a piece of parchment paper 2x the size of the fillet, fold in 1/2 to make a pocket.

Rinse the fillet, do not pat dry, season both sides with seasoning to taste. Place on half of parchment paper. Drizzle/dab with Ghee, or place small dots of butter over the length of fillet. If not using ghee or butter, spay quickly with spray, one good fast press should be enough, 1/2 a second.

Fold Parchment over, seal foil to make a packet. Place on cookie sheet

Bake for 10-12 minutes.

If you don't mind reheated or cold fish you could bake more than one small piece at once.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

This sounds delish! Thank you. :)

I love Swai. This post reminded me I haven't seen any locally lately. Innersurfergirl, maybe the parchment stops the fish from sticking to the foil as some fish does. Just a guess.

You could get the foil that food won't stick to.

Mainly it is because I am lazy and I don't want to have to do any clean up. :lol:

Since I make it fresh each time, this prevents me from having to wash the cookie sheet several times a day.

It also keeps it very moist, with no sticking issues.

I have never baked fish in straight metal. My grandmother always did it in a glass dish. I guess it is okay, but I have never tried it. This method you can get away with no oil at all if you want and always have moist fish.

The past 2 days I have made this with no oils, just seasoning. The swai has such a high Water content it is soft, flaky and very moist.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches