Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Training for a triathlon...

Have you watched some of the videos on transitions on Utube? Some really good ideas there. Setting your stuff out correctly. Racking your bike. Rolling your socks. I say try cutting time of where you have a little control. The actual race, running, biking , swimming. Get comfortable with your rhythm.

Just practice the transitions, so you don't have to think on the day. Do the bare minimum. Get there early and place your bike in the best position.

That's all I got.

A big thing i noticed. buy one of those shinny ballons (spongebob or something) on your way over the helium ones) Tie it to your rack where your bike is. Makes it super fast to find your bike! I like to use a bucket with a lid on it so i can sit on it to get my shoes on if i need.

Something really cool! I found there is a USA Triathlon Team Coach pro athlete in my town!!! He is also an USA swim Team coach. he charges like 500 bucks for 3 months but he does sessions every Wednesday night here for free. And he is just about 2 miles away from my house!

How cool is that!

Something really cool! I found there is a USA Triathlon Team Coach pro athlete in my town!!! He is also an USA swim Team coach. he charges like 500 bucks for 3 months but he does sessions every Wednesday night here for free. And he is just about 2 miles away from my house!

How cool is that!

Yes very cool. You are sooooo lucky. I will have to look into this.

Hit a snag on what I thought would be my first sprint tri coming up on July 19. I sent in the registration and got back that it was full. I have an email into the orgainizer to see if I could maybe sneak in. Not holding my breath though. Guess I just waited too long to get it in.

Not making the same mistake for the one on Aug 2. Registered online and got the confirmation already. So, no backing out now. I know my nemesis and it is on Aug. 2.

Good luck this weekend daddy. Keep us posted.

Best of luck Jon! It is now less than 2 days away!! I'm getting the nerves again. I am confident that all will go well, this is just a natural build up of the endorphins!

I picked up my packet yesterday. I am # 477 of 922 athletes.

Ceradad, I hope you hear back from the race and they let you join. If not, be ready for 8/2.

I'm going to a Journey, Heart and Cheap Trick concert tomorrow night. I bought the tickets long before I ever thought I'd become a triathlete. I may not get home until late. Small price to pay. I'll be fine. Have a great night!!!!

Report in Triathletes

I did a Full Duathlon today and about died lol!

The 5k run the first 1/2 mile was all uphill..then i finished the 5k in 31mins (ok for the amount of hills for me)

Then i cycled 30K (18miles) and it was SOOO hilly. I have never done that many hills. Of course i bought a new saddle and tried her out today which wasnt the smartest thing to do. I know i would of been sooo much easyier on a Road bike instead fo my mountain bike.

I got up to 36mph coming down one of the Hills:eek:

Then another 5k..boy my legs had trouble going up that hill again after coming off the bike.

I made it though. 2hr 39mins. The winner was 1hr 40min:eek: but he is a pro Triathlete (and my coach too :biggrin:)

Hard to believe i could keep my heart rate up for over 2.5hrs.

After the race i started feeling a lil dizzy and seeing some spots in my eyes :mad:. So i got some Water Melon and banana and i was ok.

Let me see if i can post a pic of the hill that kicked my butt and my new saddle.

post-220194-13813137305496_thumb.jpg

post-220194-13813137305766_thumb.jpg

post-220194-13813137306049_thumb.jpg

Congrats Jon!!! Keep up the great work! Have you looked into a used road bike? There are some great deals out there. My brother just found one on Craigslist. Serious riders change their bike real often. You can find good bikes that are in great shape, the owner just upgraded.

I finished my 2nd Sprint (.75k Swim, 20k Bike, 5k Run) today. I didn't reach my goal, which I now know was a very lofty goal!!! I had improved my bike time last week. But I didn't take into account that I hadn't done the full swim. Today I did and still beat my last tri time. It was around 45 mins. I saw my times but I'm waiting for them to be posted online. What a great race! I loved this venue. My run was slower than I wanted. That is really the place I need to improve. I plan on doing another tri in Aug.

Good job UT. Yeah that 5k run is a little different after the swim and bike!

Yeah i have been looking on Craigslist. I have to sell my Ninja Motorcycle before i can afford anything right now!

Glad it went well for you. When you get your time i would be intersted to see them!

UT and whosya, thanks for the updates. Great job to both of you guys! You are truly inspiring me to make sure I get going on this.

As of yet, no email back for the one next week. Doesn't look good for me. Oh well, I am definately in for Aug 2. Little shorter than next Saturdays is supposed to be, but that may be good for my first.

HILLS!!*#@*&%^$#!!

with the bike you've got gears, but running the hills suck. Good job!!!

Chris now you have a second Tri under your belt you're a veteran now. Where was this one held? Pics?

Ceradad- My Tri is on Aug 2 also.

No pics as of yet. My brother took a few, but I'll wait to post the race pics. The Tri was held at Echo Reservoir in Coalville, UT. It is a beautiful setting!! It was cold when I got there - in the low 50s. It was a perfect day to do it. The high was in the mid 80s. My times were:

Swim T1 Bike T2 Run Total

0:18:38 0:05:07 0:45:10 0:02:53 0:45:27 1:57:15

Change 0:02:52- 0:00:32- 0:04:35- 0:00:03- 0:02:36+ 0:05:26-

As you can see, all times were improved over last time, except for the run. It was 2.36 mins slower. I know where my work needs to be.

I intended today to be a rest day. However, I woke up with no soreness at all. So I rode 17 miles and ran 1 mile. Training began this morning for 8/23. I have added this to my LB Goals spreadsheet. I think I told you all that I have charted my entire LB experience. If anyone is interested in getting the template from me, just let me know. It is in excel and is so darn cool!!!!

I have a quote that has really inspired me: "When performance is measured performance improves. When performance is measured and reported the rate of improvement accelerates." Thomas S. Monson

Have a great day!!!!

Edited by UT LB Loser