Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Training for a triathlon...

Chris-sorry to hear about the accident. I hope you will be able to recover quickly. However, if not, like you said don't risk it. Not worth it.

Great to know you dr was and is behind you on this. Amazing the change in what was ailing beforehand, isn't it?

Hi Im back. Bermuda was beautiful. I wish I could say we had good weather. But...

Chris I'm sorry to hear of your spill. It sucks to think you might not be doing the Tri but it is so much more important to heal well.

The question of the Tri in Oct is a moot point now I have a wedding to attend on that day.

Good luck LABPUPS on your upcoming surgery.

I talked to the race director about doing a Duathlon if my swim isn't possible. He said I'd be DQ'd but could receive split times. It's a triathlon, so I understand the DQ if I miss 1/3 of it. Still hoping to swim. Last night's workout in the pool gave me some hope. Won't know until Friday night.

If I remember why I started doing this... To get fit and healthy, doing the full Tri is less important. DOING something is key!!!

I looked back on a few goals I set back in May. Wow! I've crushed a couple of them. I believed I could do them and I was right! If you think you can or think you can't, you are RIGHT!

Have a great week!

Best of luck Jon!! Undoubtedly, you won't see this until after your race. Hope all went well!!

I swam tonight and felt about 80% healthy. I am going to do the TRI on Saturday not the DU. I am really psyched! I had doubts after my injury last Saturday. They are gone and have been replaced with real anticipation to get'r done! What a week. I'll report back on Saturday night.

Ok im updating you all.

I finished another Triathlon this year. Here are my results: I had a blow out on my front tire with 3 miles to go but i rode it in flat anyway. Apart for that pretty good.

My 5k time was 31:13 and i have done 5ks in 28 mins before but not after all that swiming and cycling.

Thanks for all your support!!!!! Heres looking forward to the next one.

Place: 147th out of 214. #217 C Jonathan Bailey TWO RIVERS WI 33 Male Swim: 170th 8:06 Cycle: 133th 56:59 16.8mph Run: 160th 31:13 10:03 147th out of 214 1:36:17.36

Great Jon!! Way to go!!!

I finished my third Tri today too. Wow!!! The toughest one yet!! My shoulder is at about 80%, so I swam the 750m. My times weren't posted when I left so I'll update times later. The swim went fine until the 3rd leg. We were swimming against current in the lake. Kind of weird. I felt myself being pulled to the left. It wasn't like that last week when I did the course preview. I finished well.

The bike went fairly well. I hit 48.5 mph going down a big hill with about 2.5 miles to go. One thing you can say about my size, it creates momentum! Finished well!

The run started ok. No cramps whatsoever today. I loved that. I did develop a stitch in my sides about a half mile into the run. Then there were 5 hills. Small hills but hills nontheless. I walked a fair amount.

I'm just glad I was able to Tri instead of Du. I feel great. Some soreness remains in the shoulder. I need to rehab it before I do another. My next is tentatively planned for 9/6. My brother will do his first with me on that day. It is a pool swim.

I hope everyone else on this thread had a great day like Jon and I did!! These are so addicting. I hope I never stop Triing!

Way to go Chris and Jon!!!

I wish I was out there with you.

Here are my times:

Swim - 23:50 T1 - 4:15 Bike - 52:28 T2 - 2:22 Run - 46:33

The swim was 750m The bike was 25.1k and the run was 5k. It was by far the toughest course yet!! Next year I will spank this time!!

good times!! the yanks on my shoes really speeded up my tranisitions this time. There are some bike events coming up around here road and mountain, then i have a couple of Duathlons coming up. No more tri's this year to do this year though. waaaaah.

I have 3 more tris this year. The next 2 are coming up soon. I have a pool tri that I'm doing with my brother on 9/6. I am also doing another the next week, 9/13. The 2nd one will likely be done as part of a relay. It's an equalizer tri, 1K swim, 15.1 bike, & 4 mile run. I will also be flying to Page, AZ to do the Powell3 on 10/18. It is so much fun to have these to look forward to.

How is everyone else?

I did another Tri yesterday. It was a pool swim. I loved it!!! That is so much easier mentally than the open Water. My bike was acting up so I pulled back just a bit on the downhill portion of the ride. My wheel was rubbibg a bit. I didn't need a blowout at 40 mph. The run was a killer!! We made 2 circuits of this course, so I had to do the hill twice. Wow, what a grade to run up. I had a goal to do this in under 1:30:00. I did it in 1:25:01. I feel great.

Next week I'll be doing a 20 mile bike race instead of another Tri. My last Tri of the season will be at Lake Powell on 10/18/08.

Is everyone done training for the year or will you keep training through the fall and winter? I definitely want to keep this going, but am unsure where/how when the snow comes. I guess the gym will replace the road.

congrats on the super time!!

I think we are all going to be in the gym this winter.

I found a Duathlon in my area on Oct 19. I'm stoked!:thumbup:

chris...pools, treadmills, and bike fluid-trainers are your new winter friends. :lol: The trainer I have renamed The Ba$tard. Talk about a sweat party...keeping the pace at 90-95+ and no wind to dry/cool you off? Yeah, it'll take some time off of your spring-time road rides. :wink2: