Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Training for a triathlon...

One last triathlon on Saturday, then I'll have to wait until Spring. I have begun a new adventure to keep me busy. I will be running the Death Valley 1/2 Marathon on 12/6/08. This is my Band-date Day!!! I have been increasing my distances for the past month. The run remains my weakness. There is only one way to make it my strength, JFDI!!! I ran 10.7 miles on Saturday, another 3.1 on Sunday, and 4.4 last night. Tonight is for politics, not running. The snow is on it's way to Utah.

Saturday's Tri is a reverse Tri with the Run first. I think getting the run done first will really help my overall time.

I bought a season pass to my favorite ski resort. My legs are in shape and it will be a great winter full of skiing. I'm lucky enough to work four 10s and have every Friday off. SKI DAYS!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Running is my worst thing too. In fact, part of why I'm training for a triathlon is that the swimming and biking are the reward that allows me to actually work on the running part.

Running is my worst thing too. In fact, part of why I'm training for a triathlon is that the swimming and biking are the reward that allows me to actually work on the running part.

Swimming is my reward for the other stuff.

I like that reverse Tri. I with there was one around me.

Had my best time yet in today's tri. The bike course was tough! The hill we had to go up was brutal!!! It was a 2 loop course. I almost didn't make it up the hill on the 2nd loop. The run was first and that helped me! I wasn't fatigued until after the bike. The swim was crazy!! There was a lot of commotion in the Water and it was a jungle swim. I finished in 1:21:13. My goal of 7 5Ks and 7 Triathlons this year has been met!!! What a summer!!!

Now I will focus solely on the 1/2 marathon. Tomorrow will be my long run (8 to 10 miles).

Congratulations Chris! You are an inspiration to us all!!!:rolleyes2:

Amanda,

I noticed that we both have 50 to go. Wow!!! Unfortunately, these are the toughest 50. Slowly but surely. Do you have a plan in mind for the last 50 or are you just biding your time?

I don't have specific plans to lose the rest. I just want to keep my fitness level up and increase my aerobic ability. The cold weather makes it a bit tougher.

Jon, where did you go? What's up???

Im still here. Working out. Im am so stuck at 250 right now. I am stepping it up a bit. The exersise is good is just the food i have to watch.

I am in Half Mary training. Going to do some Olly Tri's next year.

Thinking of doing the Turkey Trot on Thursday. We got snow today.

Im still here. Working out. Im am so stuck at 250 right now. I am stepping it up a bit. The exersise is good is just the food i have to watch.

whosya, once again, you and I are right on the same path. I'm stuck right around the 245-250 range myself. Like you, my workouts are still happening, but the foods need to be watched a little closer. We'll get around it soon, I'm sure.

Good luck if you run on Thursday. I was going to run in one here, but I'm working a double shift for the holiday OT.

I completed the Death Valley Half Marathon on Saturday! I reached all my goals that I had set for the race as well!!! I did it in 2:46:03, under my 3 hour goal. I ran it in training in 3:05:11. I cut nearly 20 minut off of my PR.

What an awesome Bandiversary gift to myself. I have had the most successful year of my life. Thanks for being part of it. I appreciate the encouragement and examples I received from all of you on this board. Keep up the great work!!!

I am now going to concentrate on the Olympic distance triathlons. Haven't done one yet, but come Spring I have my eye on a few.

Happy Holidays!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm probably going to hurl, but I've got a 70.3 scheduled for May 17th. The Ford Ironman 70.3 in Orlando, FL. I can't believe 18 months after surgery I'm even thinking about a HIM, but without challenges, what is life but another boring day in the office? :shades_smile:

That is awesome Kagoscuba!!! I wish you all the best! I'd say good luck, but we know it has nothing to do with luck. It's all good hard preparation. You can do it.

I plan to do an Olympic triathlon early next spring. I am also planning to run another 1/2 marathon in the spring. I would love to work up to a HIM later next season.

"Hi, my name is Chris. I'm a triathlon junkie, and I LOVE IT!!!"

You all are very inspiring!! My plan for a few years has been to get to the point of being able to do a triathlon!

I swim daily right now, so just need to add the bike and the running. I said when I got below 200 I would start, and I'm almost there!!

Hey, start now. There a a bunch of people who started doing this get into shape instead of waiting.

Like this guy:

Home of When Big Boys Tri

I'm already doing the swimming, so I will start to train for the running and biking at the gym until I can get the confidence to do it outside (cars, people, etc.!)

I talked to a friend yesterday who runs triathlons and she said that she stays in a hotel and needs a day to recoup after the race... that scared me a bit. She said she can't drive herself home!! Is that true! (However, she also says she does them to place and wants to get 1st, 2nd or 3rd...)