Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept date I am all set

I agree emiko_oz. I am quite active for a "heavy" person. It certainly does help with recovery.I am really glad to have 5his site as well a wealth of information. Thank you for the tips! :( keep in touch I would love to hear all about your progress:)

Typo that was to be a smiley face????

My daughter brought me a small cup of apple sauce. I don't remember seeing this listed on any of the 'approved foods'. I wonder why not?

Applesauce just gave me my first dumping experience, and it was on my approved foods if it's unsweetened. Which this one supposedly was ????

I'm down a little over 15 pounds in 10 days. It makes me question whether I should just stick to the liquid diet until I lose all the weight, but I know as soon as I started eating again, it would all come back plus some. Today was the first time I've ever tested my blood sugar and gotten under 200! It's still high at 178, but it's lower than I've ever seen it since I've been testing in the last 2 years.

Yesterday was a lot easier for me in terms of making it through the liquid diet without feeling starving. I think that has a lot to do with the fact that I was SUPER busy at work and didn't have time to think about it.

I love my wife so much for cooking fresh chicken stock for me and I really like having a hot cup of green tea before bed. Last night I felt like I had enough energy to go to the gym and exercise, but I got home at 7:30, had to do homework with my daughter and feed her, and work from 9 to midnight remotely doing IT maintenance stuff so there was no time. No work tonight so I'll see how I feel.

My surgery is only 4 days away and the closer it gets the more real it feels. Unlike many of the people here who planned and worked for it for a six months to a year, from start to finish for me it's 2 months so I've had less time for it to sink in.

In the area of TMI.... I had to poo last night for the first time in about 4-5 days and it felt like I was passing rocks followed by Water but I felt a lot better afterwards.

I wonder why you are so constipated if you've been on liquids. Totally expect Constipation after surgery, but before? Wow ????

Hope our follow up goes well!

Try and walk daily - a few times a day. Losing 14 lbs is awesome !!! And After surgery do everything you can to get up and walk. If only for a few steps - keep moving you will feel so good. I've been walking and walking ( thankfully I have a couple dogs ) and I feel really good. Walking before surgery helps your body heal faster .... Good luck !!! I'm so excited to be part of this with everyone !!! I have my follow up w surgeon this afternoon - very exciting

Glad you are feeling good. Hope you can clear up the issue with your heart racing.

I am 1 week post op tomorrow. I am feeling great. Thankfully, I'm able to get in all of my fluids and Protein. However, by noon, my energy level decreases immensely. It's almost 5:00pm and I am done for the day. I've also noticed that despite a decreasing blood pressure, my heart races. Is anyone experiencing this? Am I just doing and expecting too much a week out?

@@Radar Congrats on your weight loss and your blood sugar reading! I just wanted to add if asked, most folks on this site would tell you that they experienced some doubt about the decision for WLS at one point or another in their journey. I know that I did.

I started my journey in 2012. I went thru 4 of 6 months of the Dr supervised diet (that my insurance requires) and decided I wouldn't continue with WLS (Band at the time). FF 3 years and many pounds later I am finishing what I started but have decided on VSG.

I know you will make the best decision for YOU. Good luck on your journey!

@@pindoctor - Thanks for posting this. I haven't even had my surgery yet (9/30) and I already find myself thinking I will try to go back to work as soon as possible. I think I need to plan to take my full 2 weeks to allow myself time to recover.

I hope you get your energy up soon. :)

Hi all! I am 2 weeks post op VSG as of today. I did the 14 day all Protein Shake diet pre-op and that was it because I didn't go through insurance. As of today, I am down a total of 22 pounds! My diet was straight into soft foods on day 3-14 and now I can add in regular textured Protein with one protein shake per day. I am definitely struggling with getting in the amounts, so I'm around 300-400 calories and 50 ounces of fluids but I am doing well, working from home and not dehydrated so I am taking it all in stride. I think I was mentally prepared ahead of time, especially being in the medical field so I haven't had any big regrets. Do I know I'll miss certain foods? Of course but that is human with breaking a 36 year habit. The one thing I have had is the excess saliva leading to foods feeling "stuck" in the lower chest area and then puking the glob (as I call it) up. It's not all the time, but I find hot broth helps. Best of luck to all and just focus on why you are going down this road and how much better you will feel soon!

Two more days until my surgery and I'm starting to get nervous. I will do another rebuilding Paul! video today or tomorrow and get it posted before the surgery.

I slipped up last night. I haven't eaten food in so long and I didn't time my Protein Shakes right so I was STARVING, so I ate a small piece of cheese. I immediately regretted it because it made my stomach hurt like crazy. It's all liquids from here on.

September 29th for me! I'm.... Terrified honestly, but optimistic!

I can't lie. I'm having doubts. I am down over 20 pounds in 2 weeks. Could I do this on my own without surgery? I always thought it would be nearly impossible for me to lose 130 pounds on my own.

Most of my weight is in my belly. Someone yesterday told me I should walk around the block because I just have a little "love around my waist". :)

I've already committed to doing it. I want something that is going to last.

That's awesome !!!! I think we all can manage our weight if we really work at it and learn ( well me anyway - I honestly didn't understand as much as I know now )

It is possible for all of us to manage our weight. Just look at how well we've managed it so far. I know what to eat to eat right I know fat is not good. I know sugar is not good. I know that loaf of crunchy, crusty, soft on the inside, french bread is not good for me.

I "managed" to eat it all anyway.

This surgery will help me get control back. Control I haven't had in over 40 years!