Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I have been really pushing myself to get to my first goal and it just not happening. I wanted to be down 50lbs before school starts on September 8th, so I would need to be at 185 within 2 weeks. For the past two weeks I have been pushing myself and working really hard and have barely lost anything. Last week I lost one pound. This week I worked out 8 times, the shortest workout was 45 minutes, and I have only lost 1 pound! It's really annoying me at this point. My nutrition has been on point as well. I always eat Protein first, I never eat more then 800 calories, usually 700 and I burn an average of 300 calories per workout. My tracking app says I should be losing 3.2 lbs per week. I don't know what else I could do! Any thoughts?

I've found, the longer out I am from surgery (Jan 28,2015) the longer it takes to lose the wt. I really didn't think I had lost anything over the summer, but looking at a book I kept track of in May, I lost 30lbs. It seems we don't lose much when you only see a lb here or there...but in the long run and the big picture, you are where you should be! You're doing great! Don't get frustrated...as many have told me...it's a marathon, not a sprint. I've been working on the same 5 lbs for the last month or more. :)

Hang in there!

You're probably gaining muscle & tearing down fat at once, you should measure yourself, not just weigh yourself to see the change, or try on smaller clothes to see how they fit now. Don't sweat it, if you are doing what you said you are doing it *IS* working, don't focus on the scale #'s alone.

To answer your question about what you should do, honestly... RELAX! The thing is this process will take some time. I am on target to be at 75 pounds by the end of the month, which is 3 months after my surgery date. I was sternly told today by one of my docs to NOT set specific goals as our bodies are just not wired that way. I too set a specific goal for the end of October, but if I do not get there, then what? I will still have done well. I am not meaning to patronize you, but you can't really control every aspect. Watch carbs, exercise, drink Water and take Vitamins as directed. It will happen. Hang in there. Your surgery was in June - if you are dropping about 15 pounds a month you are doing great!

What George_NJ stated. you maybe gaining some muscle mass which is why your weight hasn't changed much.

I agree on the muscle mass, but my stall ended when I started adding more rest into my workout schedule. It seems counter intuitive that you actually will make more gains in strength by not working out, but it's working. Since getting rid of yoga and resting those two extra days I have been losing 3 pounds per week.

What ^^ OKCPirate said about rest, but also when U stalled I found I needed to increase my fluids & Protein a bit more. Once I did this, and added some rest days into my workout schedule, the scale started to move again. Lastly, what George_NJ said about non scales victories is completely true! The scale doesnt always move, but yet I still dropped another pants size.

Hang in, you'll get there!

I'm running in to the same thing. I've been running more and hitting the gym more. Also have adding resistance training at home every day. You'd think my weight would take a nose dive. Nope!

I do get hungry again by 8pm. That's not exactly helping either.

But like everyone's said, just need to relax and let your body adjust.

I found out that I was burning a lot more calories with exercise than I thought after I got my Fitbit Charge HR. After I compensated with extra Protein and Water the weight loss picked up the pace.

If you don't sweat when you exercise, you may want to find a workout that will get you drenched. I have also noticed that the more I sweat, the bigger the loss.

Also, the longer you stay at your peak heart rate while exercising the more calories you burn.

Hope something here helps.

Thank you all. A few of you mentioned rest days, I usually do two rest days per week, but this week I only did one (today). There were three days this week that I did two separate workouts. And yes I definitely sweat during my workouts, 4 days per week I go to a 40 minute High Intensity Interval Training class, and 2-3 days per week I go to the gym and do cardio/weight circuits designed by the exercise scientist at my surgeon's office. I guess I am just gaining muscle.I alway hit my Protein goal of 60g, I usually eat closer to 70-80g. I also make sure to get a minimum of 64oz of Water in. I will try to relax, but it's hard, I just wanted so badly to hit my first goal, at least I will be close to my goal. I am still going to push myself the next two weeks though, I can't help it. It's probably part of the reason I got to this point in the first place; I am too much of an all or nothing kind of person. Oh well, I do still fell great. I am just impatient I guess....