Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the 50 something bypass patients?

And you will, me and you both, I don't have my day either but I should this week. And since,i am a history buff, I know who Roger Williams was. I Will have mine at OSU- Wexner Medical Center in Columbus Ohio, based in our state's Land Grant University, A Level 1 Trauma Center and a Center of Excellence since the phrase was first coined. Drowned my fears in my tears a long tortured time ago, now looking forward to my REBIRTHDAY I probably will make it just under c the wire for July if they insist on the 14 day liquid prediet. Wish I could talk them into 7 days or less. Just want to get this show on the road!🚘

Congratulations! I am 55 years old and had my surgery 12/27/17. I have been stalled for the past 2 months on 165 to 166. I have only lost 67 pounds. Any suggestions? I am so depressed about this.

ANYONE ELSE SERIOUSLY STRUGGLING???

Brief Stats: 61; lost a significant amount of weight with a gastric bypass almost 3 yrs ago, have kept it off but need to lose more; slight disability; never have had ANY support or connection from another WLS peer or support group; have joined several Facebook groups but I find them to be much too judgmental and quite impersonal; moved to a new state 2 years ago and have been looking for peer support but with no vehicle I am unable to attend the ONLY group I found way across town; CURRENTLY FRUSTRATED AND LOSING MOMENTUM

Any suggestions for locating joint buddy support (not just a group) with someone who has at least as much WLS experience as myself (I would be a great buddy too) on this forum or any other location?

Thanks In Advance :)

On 7/14/2018 at 9:43 AM, chattycat said:
On 7/13/2018 at 9:36 PM, nurse4126 said:

My son’s name is Kevin as well. He was killed by someone who didn’t Slow Down or Move Over as is the law in MA. He was loading a disabled vehicle onto his flatbed tow truck and was struck and killed instantly by someone who didn’t. He was 22 and my baby. He would be 25 now.

Wow, very sorry for your loss. 😞

So very sorry for your loss. I travel for a living and see those people speeding by police and service vehicles all the time! Very disturbing!

On 7/9/2018 at 12:18 PM, dutchamy said:

The waiting is the Hardest part.....I suppose until the next step.

anyone have Anthem BCBS of CT? I am a school teacher. I am at 37 BMI and I have sleep apnea and am prediabetic.

I had acl surgery last year and walking is painful- my classroom is on the third floor and by the time I get up there I sound like I'm going to die breathing like I ran a marathon. I so want this surgery to help me get back in shape and able to be active but I am so nervous I will be denied!

Anyone have similar stats and get approved by Anthem?

I have a BMI OF 37. I have BCBS. I have slightly high blood pressure but that’s it. I was approved rather quickly.

Kevin,

Your pic is great!

Sounds like you are doing so well.

Keep us posted.

On 7/18/2018 at 1:55 AM, FinallyBackToMe said:

Kevin,

Your pic is great!

Sounds like you are doing so well.

Keep us posted.

Thank you! I am trying so hard as we all are doing this to have better health! Take care and BTW I have started growing my hair out. I shaved my head because of the Hair loss that happens with gastric bypass but people have been so judgemental about me shaving my head and my weight loss. People have asked me if I have cancer! Oh well I have to say thank you again as it is rare to have a good comment. Good wishes for the best health for you!

On 7/18/2018 at 9:32 PM, GSierraGold said:

Insulin dependent diabetic with acid reflux. At age 64 I had to have a R-N-Y Bypass on May 15th. No insulin, no diabetic meds! God is Most Gracious and Most Kind.

Way to go! I did this for health reasons also. I had kidney disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and barrett's esophagus. Now 3 months out, my kidney doctor said I do not have to come back!, my kidney issues are resolved, my diabetes is in remission, my high blood pressure is resolved, my esophagus issue will need another operation but my GERD is resolved. Thank God that my health issues are so much better! Weight is good but of course I am frustrated that my losses are stalled currently. Well we all have a lot to be thankful about!

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:50 PM, Frustr8 said:

And you will, me and you both, I don't have my day either but I should this week. And since,i am a history buff, I know who Roger Williams was. I Will have mine at OSU- Wexner Medical Center in Columbus Ohio, based in our state's Land Grant University, A Level 1 Trauma Center and a Center of Excellence since the phrase was first coined. Drowned my fears in my tears a long tortured time ago, now looking forward to my REBIRTHDAY I probably will make it just under c the wire for July if they insist on the 14 day liquid prediet. Wish I could talk them into 7 days or less. Just want to get this show on the road!🚘

Frustr8

Did you get your day yet? I have my consult Aug. 2. Really wanted to get surgery done early August so I would be ready to start the school year with no days off.

I had my RNY in 7/16 at age 51. I have lost almost 100 lbs and continue to lose about 5 lbs a month (primarily due to an ulcer). I am down to a size 4-never before. Just wish I had this surgery 25 yrs ago!

Edited by eudys3

Congrats on your weight loss so far. How are you feeling?

Edited by dutchamy
mixed up responses. oops