Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the 50 something bypass patients?

I have an appt Monday to get the ball rolling for mine. Good to hear positive feedback! 56 yrs

I'm 51 and had my RNY in Dec 2014. Wow, I'm glad I did the bypass right off the bat after hearing of all the revisions. I just hope down the road I still feel it was the right decision for me. I reached my goal in an amazing 9 months. It hasn't been an easy 9 months but so worth it. My issues have been and still are nausea and Constipation. It's getting better slowly with time. But other than that, getting down to a size smaller than when I was in high school goes beyond my wildest dreams. I'm so happy and wish I'd done this many years ago. Best of luck to all of you!

Hello everyone! I'm 54 and had my bypass on 7/29/15. I'm down 33 pounds since surgery, and 65 pounds from my highest weight last year!

I'm feeling better than I have in years, even this early out. Life is great these days. Looking forward to reading your posts and getting to know everyone.

Congratulations

@@choosehope Yay - ladies my age! I'll turn 54 next month. I had bypass 4/21/15 and had my 5 month anniversary this past Monday. I took pics and will share them with y'all. As hard as it was to take those "before" pics, I'm so glad I did. I took pics in three different outfits. I took them again at 3 months and now at 5 since I hit a personal goal of "75 lbs" lost. I can't believe how that once tight 3X now hangs on me. It was my son's suggestion to hold my shirt out to show the difference. The black outfit is a size "L". Haven't been in regular size clothes in years. I have hit stalls along the way after my surgery but have upped my Protein to average an of 125 grams, keeping within my 850 calorie goal, so that seems to be doing the trick. I've been battling obesity for 30+ years so I will take my success and be happy with it as I feel blessed to have had this life changing operation. It's my second chance at life and I will NOT squander it!!!

HW: 285 lbs

SW: 257 lbs

CW: 181 lbs

OMG!!!You look fantastic.A totally different person.An Inspiration!!!Congratulations!

Hello fairee! I love you post! Thank you for sharing your story with us.

I'm 53 and having my surgery tomorrow morning at 9am. I've been scared and thinking about cancelling all day but your story reminded me why I'm AM doing this. Thank you and hang in there lady. We can do it! ????

Good luck a prayer has been said!!!You are on your way ...You will be able to give me pointers when I get to that point hopefully.Relax and congratulations and good luck!

Thank you Pinkgirl1234. Update soon. ????

@@Zasha069 Good luck on your surgery!

Im here,

had my bypass in 2006 and still going strong, with an additional 60pds but back on track so Im good.

I'm 55 and will be 56 by the time I have surgery, Lord willing, in February. I always wanted to lose weight in the past, so that I would look better. I've been in the diet cycle, lose-gain, since 7th grade. This is the first time I can honestly say that I want to lose weight to FEEL better. I want to hike, walk, and move without the back pain that I know comes from carrying too much weight.

Hello! I am 55! I had RNY in 2013. I feel renewed! I am so glad that I did this. No more GERD, no more HBP, no more high cholesterol, a lot less sleep apnea, no more insulin for Type 2 (allergic to the pills), no more scary meds(read those MSDS folks),I can tie my own shoes, cross my legs, and the energy is wonderful to say the least of reclaiming life. The best thing I take away is the results and the knowledge gained. I was morbidly (BMI +50) too long and it did rob me of not just doing physical fun things. Not any more!

Edited by Sony09

I had an RNY on 7/24/15 and I am REALLY struggling emotionally!!! Oh, by the way, I am 58. My food is good for the most part and weight loss is good too but my main issue is severe loneliness. I have NO ONE that I can discuss or anyone for that matter that even cares about the new changes in my life. I lost my best friend due to this surgery (my pending changes were to much for her) and she did not come to help me during my recovery (she lives in another state). I talk to her rarely now but it is very difficult because I am still hurting deeply. I am divorced and my two adult children are not supportive either. They have never been anyway because they are so selfish. They emotionally abused me by starting confrontations the same week I came home from the hospital. I have NEVER been what I call a "needy" person but my sadness has become so severe that I now know that I need to reach out. There are no good WLS support groups in my area so I am reaching out here, thanks for listening! :)