Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UK forum users

13 hours ago, Nikki@50 said:

Hi everyone , hope you're all well. My sense of smell has heightened and I now don't seem to be able to taste food like I used to. Has anybody else experienced this? I'm sure this is a positive because the enjoyment of eating has gone! I'm struggling at the mashed stage at the moment, everything seems to go down in lumps and then I feel sick . Think I'm going to try baby food

Sent from my SM-G980F using BariatricPal mobile app

I had the heightened sense of smell and I put it down to bouts of nausea. I had the same when pregnant, could not stand the cooking smells. At almost 5 months now things are normalising and foods are beginning to smell and taste delicious. I skipped the mashed stage, just smelling and looking at pureed meat and veg made me gag. I ate pate, strained chicken Soup, yogurt, readybrek, cream cheese and mashed egg mayo. I heard other say they had baby food but it wasnt for me. I hope you get it sorted soon, you can always go back a stage for a few days and then try again. We are not all the same.

I had the heightened sense of smell and I put it down to bouts of nausea. I had the same when pregnant, could not stand the cooking smells. At almost 5 months now things are normalising and foods are beginning to smell and taste delicious. I skipped the mashed stage, just smelling and looking at pureed meat and veg made me gag. I ate pate, strained chicken Soup, yogurt, readybrek, cream cheese and mashed egg mayo. I heard other say they had baby food but it wasnt for me. I hope you get it sorted soon, you can always go back a stage for a few days and then try again. We are not all the same.
Thank you so much for your support [emoji3059]. How long did you have exhaustion? Because I'm not eating a lot I feel exhausted after the slightest effort. X

You may be eating to fast or to much just try little bits at a time Try tuna Mayonnaise light ,porridge eggs and Beans and dont forget to chew and eat slowly hope you get sorted soon
Thank you so much for your support. I have been eating the foods you suggested but they seem to get stuck and I feel nauseous quickly. Think I'll try to go back a stage and start again.[emoji3059]

19 hours ago, Charlie1810 said:

Hi all. Just wondered what apps are people using to track what they are eating/drinking please?

Hi, My Fitness Pal seems to be the most popular, I use it and it helps a lot.

When I looked at the start of this forum it mentioned members for the UK area here. I am from across another pond and live in Victoria Australia. Going for an RNY on the 9th of May 22. I am trying to find my way around this site. I would also like to know when and how I can enter my details about myself on the left hand size of this screen. Hope to hear from some-one. :)

18 minutes ago, Possum220 said:

When I looked at the start of this forum it mentioned members for the UK area here. I am from across another pond and live in Victoria Australia. Going for an RNY on the 9th of May 22. I am trying to find my way around this site. I would also like to know when and how I can enter my details about myself on the left hand size of this screen. Hope to hear from some-one. :)

Hi,

Hope you're well, welcome and great news about your surgery.

You have to use a computer to collate that section, it is in the top right section where the dropdown under your username is - it took me ages to figure it out!

4 minutes ago, Ngotsleeved said:

Hi,

Hope you're well, welcome and great news about your surgery.

You have to use a computer to collate that section, it is in the top right section where the dropdown under your username is - it took me ages to figure it out!

Thanks for the welcome. :)

I can get into my settings and details via the dropdown menu but it wont let me enter information. Maybe I need to wait until tomorrow. I just joined 2 hours ago. When I try to enter the details on my computer it just flips to the bottom of the page. :( Any other ideas please.

19 minutes ago, Possum220 said:

Thanks for the welcome. :)

I can get into my settings and details via the dropdown menu but it wont let me enter information. Maybe I need to wait until tomorrow. I just joined 2 hours ago. When I try to enter the details on my computer it just flips to the bottom of the page. :( Any other ideas please.

There is a bit which says "edit profile"

22 hours ago, Nikki@50 said:

Thank you so much for your support . How long did you have exhaustion? Because I'm not eating a lot I feel exhausted after the slightest effort. X

TBH it took me until I could eat enough to get to about 500 calories. Then little by little I got stronger and begun to clean the house again. I still have days where I am vomiting a lot but they are getting less and less. Then all I do is huddle on the sofa again. Keep up with your liquids if you can x

2 hours ago, Ngotsleeved said:

There is a bit which says "edit profile"

yeah, I can get into the edit profile part

but that only wants my date of birth and where I live - nothing about height and weight etc.

2 hours ago, Possum220 said:

Hello Possum, Congrats on your surgery date, not long now. There are loads of Aussies on this site and its great because at any time someone will help no matter what time of day. To put your details in is really tricky till you get used to it. Use the little down arrow by your name at the top of the page. Go to 'My Surgery' Fill that in. Then at the side you will see 'My progress' I think thats what you need. You can also do a ticker here

22 hours ago, Charlie1810 said:

Hi all. Just wondered what apps are people using to track what they are eating/drinking please?

I use My fat Secret, hate the name but like the content. It knows all the UK supermarket foods