Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UK forum users

You need to really work towards getting a minimum of 60g of Protein if you can Sam. I know it's hard early on but it's vital.

Yeah...I am trying to find ways to increase...adding Greek yogurt to shakes and bought flavourless Protein powder...adding to anything I can lol. Any other suggestions?

I've been drinking Protein milk 500ml so that 25g protein down. I'm only on day 5 post op so I'm still only liquids. I've bought some roasted peanuts paste/spread from Amazon all natural no oil added very good for protein

I made 74 g of Protein today.. wooohooo. ..not managing veggies as full before protein finished....still eating too fast...have to start using a timer!!!

Yes eating slow is hard my dietician wants Me to stop shakes but I don't think I can make the 60 without my one shake made with total Greek yogurt each day. Other than that he really happy with my progress. The next 4 weeks are going to be a challenge. Festive meals and treats every where only safe place is our house. So glad I have the bypass as this will keep sugary treats at arms length : ) keep in touch guys

Any of you guys tracking your food on my fitness pal

@@taysidebell

I do, I love it. I used it on and off before having the surgery too and feels it really does keep me accountable.

@@sam42

Greek yogurt (best is Total Farge 0% which you can get in Tescos) There are lots of Greek ones but watch the carbs!

Cottage cheese, eggs, Milk (highish in carbs though, until in mantenance)

Ground beef, turkey, chicken and fish, salmon, halibut shrimps, sardines, light tuna in Water ... Pork is high in Protein too. ( I had fillet of pork with a tiny bit of apple sauce, sprouts, cauliflower and a couple of asparagus for dinner tonight # yum)

The Protein powder can be added to coffee (decaf!) and Soups but don't add it when the drink/soup is hot or it will curdle. I also love my Protein latte which I have every morning at work.

Check out www.myprotein.com - and www.discountsuppliments.com

I order a lot through myprotein.com.

I find it difficult still to eat my food slowly. Years of gobbling it down and looking for more takes time to stop doing! I still find getting enough Protein is a problem too but I have at last found a Protein Bar that I can manage to eat.

I also track my food with my fitness pal and I wear a fit bit too and both of these things keep me aware of what I am doing and eating. Even my other half has lost a bit of weight - he is slim so does not need to really, but we have little junk food in the house and what there is I am not bothered about eg crisps ice cream biscuits and chocolate. I have been very happy with my weight loss and just love to see the scales showing a smaller weight and also the clothes size going down. Good luck to us all anyone in Wales ?

Hope everyone had a great Christmas how did everyone cope? Did you still manage to lose weight and stay on track X

Have managed so far. Just exploring food to see what my sleeve likes and doesn't like. Was lucky I went over to someone's house for turkey dinner so no leftovers to contend with and no snacks!!! How have you managed?

We were out at mums so no left overs either I am 14 weeks out bypass tried small amount Christmas pud after turkey and veg wrong move too heavy and felt too full, lesson learnt at least I could not eat any thing else X

Hi guys I'm 3 weeks post op now and still struggling with Protein I'm on mushy so I have scrambled egg with cheese and protein milk but I'm still way too low. Bought the unflavoured whey protein and a chocolate one but I find them so sickening. Hope everyone doing well.

What brand of Protein Powder? I usePhD ? The Belgium choc I'd delicious and I bought pb2- Peanut Butter powder to mix with it...tastes like a Reese peeves and ups Protein intake...Greek yogurt...cheese string...refried beans...add non flavour to a Protein Shake you have already made?