Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any 450-500 lb 2015 sleeves out there?

Hello i am 28yrs old 423lbs 65in im in my last 6th month supervised wt program and the scale been up and down. Luckily my ins doesnt require any wt to be lost before surg. I have 2 pshyc visits left and 1 nutri class left so hopefully by end if sept im gettin surg! ????????????????????????????

Hello i am 28yrs old 423lbs 65in im in my last 6th month supervised wt program and the scale been up and down. Luckily my ins doesnt require any wt to be lost before surg. I have 2 pshyc visits left and 1 nutri class left so hopefully by end if sept im gettin surg! ????????????????????????????

Best of luck to you!!

Hi. I'm 2.5 weeks post op & feel better when I don't eat. I'm confident I'm not eating too much and I'm eating what the NUT suggests. Have you experienced this?

In addition, I really miss that satisfaction feeling I get after eating a meal. I look forward to eating but then it really doesn't taste that good & not satisfying. For any of you that are further along, does this get better?

I appreciate any feedback.

My highest weight was 585 (several years ago). I got serious about weight loss surgery at about 515 in April 2014. At surgery in Sept 2014, I was about 415. I am now 235 and still losing (hopefully. ..I am away from home and haven't checked this week).

KcHelper as for satisfaction from food, it will get better, but sometimes it's better if it doesn't, if you know what I mean. However, I learned a while ago that food always seems better in my head than it ends up being (I realized this even before surgery while still overeating... it didn't seem to stop me from trying to prove it wrong, though. ☺)

OP, as for the preop diet, just stick with it. I know it's hard, but it is important to avoid complications. Are you allowed broth or bouillon? That helped me with something savory. Also, check with your surgeon, but I was allowed a few small-medium dill pickles (and mustard) a day up until a few days before surgery (when everything had to be liquid).

Good luck. You can do this. Just stick with it. After all the hard work you will feel so much better and live a better, and longer, life.

That's great advice, @boombalatty. I would second having the broth. Since I was missing my coffee, I put mine in one of those reusable travel mugs. There was something about having something hot for a change. You might want to contact your doctor to let them know you're struggling. Prior to me starting he said I could have a few ounces of chicken but I didn't need it.

I think some Protein Shakes seem more filling than others. One I made from my own Protein Powder & milk did not do the trick like Premier Protein. They are pre made & only 11oz and very filling.

Another thing that helped me was the anticipation of how much I could lose before surgery! Thinking of that motivated me to stick to it. I lost 25 in the two weeks & they said it contributed to my easy recovery.

I think some Protein Shakes seem more filling than others. One I made from my own Protein Powder & milk did not do the trick like Premier Protein. They are pre made & only 11oz and very filling.

I agree or I did until a week or so ago - if you can use milk. I have found out a way to make powder ones even better. You blend them with ice and some xanthan gum. (I got mine off Amazon.) It makes them almost like a Wendy's Frosty with the right Protein powder. (However, I am using Carbmaster milk. For preop, you might need to use Water. .. check with your plan. If you have to use water, the Premier might be better but powders allow more flavors. ) I use about an eighth of a teaspoon of the xanthan gum per shake.< /p>

Edited by Boombalatty

My name is Vanessa! Starting weight June 5 was 410! Date of Surgery 9/2/15 at 367 and current weight 358!! Today is the first day since surgery that I actually feel like I'm getting better! I've been so sore...so much chest pressure (I'm assuming gas) and so sleepy! I feel great today though! Good luck!!! ❤

Off to get prepped for surgery!

good luck!!! ☺ keep us updated!!

Good luck!