Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are pity parties allowed?

I'm just asking.

So.... why do some people, the same height and starting weight as me, have lost sooo much more weight than me. I am at 14 months out and have lost 60 pounds while others have lost 100 pounds. WTH! I work out like a warrior. I drink Water and get in my Proteins. Ugh!!!!!!! I know.. I know... you can't compare yourselves to others. I feel great. I think I look great but geesh damnit!! Ugh.

Ok.... pity party over.

@@Essence46

I understand your resentment. You are putting in the effort, you should get the desired result, dang it! But as you stated: we can't compare ourselves to others. Some have bodies that are stubborn and hang onto every pound, others have a pretty smooth journey for the first year. But most of the people who consistently continue the healthy lifestyle end up in the same place a couple of years out.

yea, it sucks and it really isn't fair to compare ourselves to each other, but we do. Have you tried on old clothes?

I haven't seen a lot of movement on the scale this week, but I have probably been stopped 4 times TODAY asking how much MORE weight am I going to lose.

I feel like I weigh 160-170 lbs (my normal adult weight I weighed most of my life) but I am over 50lbs away from that goal. I think the other frustrating part is that according to my BMI - I am still obese - and I have 14 more lbs to get to overweight. People freak out when I tell them that, because they think I am not far from my "goal". by the way I don't share "numbers".

Keep battling the weight loss war because I am right here beside you~

I'll join on on this pity party! I feel your frustration. A relative was sleeved 2 months before me & people are constantly comparing me to her. Different bodies, different starting weights, etc.

A group that I belong to has begun using #nonscalevictories as our motivating hashtag. When we are feeling down we look for those non-scale things that boost us up ... try in old or new clothes, compare before/current photos, a new workout success, etc. I have found that even when the scale is moving slooooowwwww, I can usually find at least one #nonscalevictory that makes it all worthwhile. Try it & see if it helps.

Keep it up, so many of us know how you feel & are cheering you on.

Edited by rustbel4ti

I had two plateaus. I thought I would NEVER get past them. Don't give up. My fear now is gaining the weight back. I haven't exactly been following my plan AND I had total knee replacement surgery. Soooo no excersize of any kind. See I'm having my own pity party.

I've gained three pounds back.

My friend helped me out by pointing out that in ancient times my thin friends would have all died in famines because they require so many more calories than I do. Due to my efficient use of calories and ability to hold fat, I would have survived. Best friend ever!

So, when you are feeling down, just think, "If we were in a famine I would be the last one standing!"

I have a friend who is taller then me, and I outweigh her by 40# - and i am at goal. I sometimes feel sad - like why am I still so heavy? Why can't I be a skinny girl? Well, the answer is we have very different body types. I am muscular, big boned and after a lifteime of obesity just have more "weight" permanently. She is actually frail, gets tired faster then me and I am pretty sure i'd kick her butt at arm wrestling. I guess it is so tempting to want what others have because she is always jealous of #1 my hair and #2 my outgoing nature. I have to say that as much as I wish i were skinny like her, I guess as a package I like me just fine so I won't wish for a "trading places" - ha!

If you work out like a warrior then it probably has a lot to do with you are losing fat and gaining muscles. Muscles weigh a lot so they slow the process of the number on the scale going down but speed up the process of us having rockin bodies. :) I chose not to step on the evil scale until doctors apts. I do however measure myself every other day. That way I can see it is working I am losing inches. And that to me is the most important part. I had a friend in school who weighed about 15 pounds less than me was the same height and wore a size bigger than me. Its just how are bodies are. I try and tell myself your weight isn't as important as your pants size. I would love to weigh 145 but if I am 155 in a size 8 I am gonna be happy. so the size 8 is my goal not the 145.

but yes I understand where you are coming from. I went to the doctor today and am only down 4 more pounds was hoping for more.

So, when you are feeling down, just think, "If we were in a famine I would be the last one standing!"

ROFL!!! Thank you for the giggle! ????

Can I join your pity party?

I am about 4 weeks out and for 2 weeks have not lost any weight but sticking to eating very little....what is happening??

Can I join your pity party?

I am about 4 weeks out and for 2 weeks have not lost any weight but sticking to eating very little....what is happening??

What kinds of foods are you eating? My NUT cautioned me that it was more of what I was eating vs. How much. She stated that I wouldn't be able to eat very much, but my food choices could stalemate me. I was extremely faithful (my hubby says anal) to my plan because I was afraid to fail.

I eat a variety of foods....greek yogurt, carnation instant Breakfast made with milk, Soups (not high calories) etc...what did/do you eat?