Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you all doing for workouts?

Hey Dream, yes, I have had minor issues. I had C-diff right out of surgery but, being a nurse, you know that's unfortunately not uncommon these days. I did have surgery for a bowel obstruction BUT, I have had lots of abdominal surgery so, it's not necessarily related to my Bypass. The scar tissue could be even from my C-section 13 years ago! I did have a hernia that they found during my endoscopy but, as you know we ex banders tend to get them and it was NBD to fix during the Bypass. I have a sister who had the Sleeve and I had Bypass and honestly, she wishes she did my surgery. Ours is more radical but, it's the only way currently known to actually reset a persons metabolism. The band and Sleeve don't do that. That being said, my sister HAS lost most of her weight but, worries about long term more than I do. I think you made a good choice and I felt the same about getting that dammed band off! It was like being let out of jail! Also, don't worry if at first this feels like the band, I was freaking out because of that STUCK feeling every time I ate at first. IT GOES AWAY! YAY! Just have to work that new pouch out a bit and you wont even know it's there after a short while, it's just like a stomach! After having band, you can really appreciate how awesome this surgery is! No chest pain, no reflux and ACTUAL WEIGHT LOSS RESULTS! Although, I was certain that I was such a WLS pro and the Bypass would just be so easy for me...look out! It's actually pretty emotional all over again! I was shocked by that but, I'm all settled in again now. GOOD LUCK!

@@armywife79 oh my goodness! How horrible to have to go through that. You poor girl!!! Oh I know c-dif, once you smell it once, you never forget. Lol. I hear that bowel obstructions are common also due to dehydration. I will try very hard to hydrate and sip every 2 minutes and use a timer set to go off to remind me while awake lol. My surgeon removed quite a bit of scar tissue when I had my band removed last week so I am hoping it doesn't grow back too fast before my bypass. For every surgery, we grow scar tissue and if it's removed, more will grow back sadly. Adhesions suck! Haha and I bet you had quite a few of those from your c-section. How many incisions did you have with your bypass? I am still sore at my port site. It's still healing, I wish it would heal faster. I hope it will be healed by the time I have my surgery. I tend to heal a bit slower over the past 10 years. I think it is because I was on the brink of diabetes before the band.

post-121268-14400102243466_thumb.jpg

Oh that dumb port! I have such a large scar from that removal and it tool FOREVER to stop being sore! I think because it's embedded in our muscle wall it's just so hard to wrestle out after being there so long. I have a really good GI that I saw after my obstruction and he says not to worry about recurrence anytime soon so, I think your ok! Also, your a nurse (my parents are nurse pract's) so, you would know FOR SURE if you were having symptoms of a bowel adhesion. I unfortunately never even considered that and ended up in the ER vomiting and doubled over! It was the PITS! I had five incisions including the port site for bypass. They were able to go back through most of my old sites so, I only have two new small scars now. I was really close to your weight when I had the bypass and also pre diabetic but, it goes away fast after surgery and the rapid initial weight loss. The only other thing that was a concern were my liver levels but, they attribute that to the C-diff and also the super fast weight loss being processed.

Dreadmill: 30-45 a day.

I'll think about that name while on my ElliptiKILL!

Dreadmill and Elliptikill! That's awesome haha! I will be glad that I am not on those when I am doing my "Zumba"zilla :P

I have fallen in love with Zumba and cannot get enough! I do at least 3 classes a week and then have the DVD's at home... My 4 yo even joins in at home. It's so much fun dancing and before you know it, the class it done.

I walk, jog, workout with a trainer on weight/resistance and circuit training, swim laps and do Water aerobics. I have found that mixing it up really has helped me stuck with the exercise part of my new lifestyle. I lost 69 pounds post op with just walking/jogging, cardio, and swimming/water aerobics. I never jogged in my entire life and I walked my up to being able to. I started the weight training with the trainer just recently (post-op since my surgery). I also take occasional Zumba, cardio classes. Zumba is so fun but I'm terrible at it! But I still do it! Haha

I do 1 hour on the treadmill and burn 1000 calories with my incline and I also swim 6 days a week .

I started doing Leslie Sansone videos after bypass. I love them. They are gentle on the joints. I have a bad back and I get a great workout from her walking videos. I highly recommend getting them off Amazon. Way cheaper than in a store. Been doing them for a year and a half. Never get tired of them. I also do strengthening videos. Ballet beautiful is a great toning video!

I have struggled with what exercise to do for years. Even though I am a nurse and have studied exercise and nutrition for a long time... the generic training programs and even a few personal trainers still left me trying to figure out what worked for me. Then I found out about https://www.facebook.com/fitnesskigerplews?fref=ts. I invest $50 a month for Kiger to tailor a program that includes both strength training and aerobic activity based on the equipment I already have, my interests and my goal. After having had personal trainers at the gym who tried to pawn me off on others because they didn't want to work with me, I found someone who is genuinely interested in the people that he trains.... enjoys helping people of all body types... and texts me multiple times a week to see how I am doing. Because I was very out of shape, my strength training started with relatively simple exercises to strengthen core muscles. Even though I live in a different state than Kiger, I have a program that works for ME! It has made all of the difference, and I am on fire!

Bootcamp circuit training.... Fun ????