Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you all doing for workouts?

HI Guys! There is SO MUCH information out there about workouts, enough to drive you nuts! My weight loss has slowed down now that I'm about six months out. I am curious what you all are doing at the gym or other that keeps you going!

I joined 9Round - it's a 30 minute circuit workout with a kickboxing focus. The workout is changing everyday - no two days are ever the same - and it keeps your body guessing. I LOVE it.

I started running via C25K. Love it!! I'm at the stage where its all jogging-- so I work at trying to improve my pace/distance/minutes per mile. I do that 4 days a week and i do circuit training at planet fitness 1X/week. I'd like to add a second day of circuit training but can't find time to add it right now.

I just walked my first 5K last week. I walk 3-5 miles 4 or 5 times per week and have been working with a personal trainer at the gym 2 days per week. Like @@Amylou said change it up so your body doesnt get complacent.

I do zumba 3x a week and a body works (free weights, strength training) class 1-2x a week. I'm really trying to get into running but so far it hasn't gone great, my knees still hurt alot. I'm hoping when I lose more weight I'll start enjoying it more

I'm really trying to get into running but so far it hasn't gone great, my knees still hurt alot. I'm hoping when I lose more weight I'll start enjoying it more

That's my problem ... can't run without knee & back pain. My trainer said walking at a fast pace is just as good as running ... only it takes you a little longer to get there! :) She has me doing lots of leg strengthening to help my timing improve.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm still just hitting the old elliptical and weight circuit. When you start reading about workouts, you never feel like your doing enough. Definitely stay off Pintrest! I was so bummed out after looking at all the work out inspiration on there! These girls on there must be super human and Def not employed! They spend their entire life working out it seems!

I started running via C25K. Love it!! I'm at the stage where its all jogging-- so I work at trying to improve my pace/distance/minutes per mile. I do that 4 days a week and i do circuit training at planet fitness 1X/week. I'd like to add a second day of circuit training but can't find time to add it right now.

Me too...I love it. .I'm on Week 4!

So what is C25K? I see a few of you are really into it. Also, I know this is off topic but, are any of you still using the Protein shakes as meals? I'm about 5 months out and am struggling with carbs, considering going back to square one again. Maybe doing our liver shrink thing for a bit until I get under control again you know?

So what is C25K? I see a few of you are really into it. Also, I know this is off topic but, are any of you still using the Protein shakes as meals? I'm about 5 months out and am struggling with carbs, considering going back to square one again. Maybe doing our liver shrink thing for a bit until I get under control again you know?

Couch to 5k, a phone app that

Progresses you through walking to walking/jogging to straight running/jogging. Never in my life did I think I could run any where, and I'm doing 2 miles now!

I don't use shakes anymore, just can't bring myself to. I'd rather eat than drink my calories. I try to keep my carbs under 50-60g/day, but have gone as high as 100. My focus is still Protein first though.

So what is C25K? I see a few of you are really into it. Also, I know this is off topic but, are any of you still using the Protein Shakes as meals? I'm about 5 months out and am struggling with carbs, considering going back to square one again. Maybe doing our liver shrink thing for a bit until I get under control again you know?

I'm 11 weeks post surgery and still have 1 shake per day...for Breakfast. .without it I don't seem to get all of my protein...but working to get all Protein from food only.

Zumba 3 x's a week for 60 minutes. I love it! It has been the only exercise that I have stuck with. I have been doing Zumba for 5 months and always excited to go!! I burn 1015 calories each session at my body weight.

Thanks guys for all the advice! And @@Dream4tc, I had my lap band in March 2010, out December 2014 and Bypass March 2015. I think you will be amazed at the results! It feels almost like the band right away because us Ex banders tend to be tight at first but now, it just feels like a tiny stomach. No more regurgitation after almost every meal, horrible pressure in your chest and the dreaded FILLS! I wish you all the best!

@@armywife79 I am excited but a but scared. Initially I wanted the sleeve but due to my reflux, my surgeon recommended bypass, so I have been researching constantly. I have seen and heard negative things, but also have seen and heard positives too. Bases on what I have read, if you follow the rules you are golden, but if you don't you will have problems. Electrolyte and nutritional deficiencies are nothing to mess around with. I am a nurse and see what happens with those issues. I know I will follow the plan because I am too scared not too lol congrats on your bypass! Ugh the dreaded band!!! I am so glad I got rid of that thing!!! I already have relief, I haven't thrown up or had reflux, or heartburn!!! It's been great! Plus I drank a glass of orange juice for the first time in 4 years without any problems!! I am looking forward to this. Thankyou. Have you had any problems?