Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just returned from Vacation...!

Just returned from our vacation, 10 days including 7 days on a cruise....

Best news is, I let my band be the boss just as any other day...limited my food intake and controlled my hunger.

I did not deny all the pleasures available to me, just did not make a pig of myself.

I went on a Volcano climb, 3,800 feet straight up rocks and mud through a rain forrest...there was a couple there that were 42 years old, then everyone else was in their 30's and 20's....I'm 63 !!!! Our guide said not only was that a first, but also the fact I was one of 4-5 leaders way out in front setting the pace where everyone had to keep up with.

On another stop, I jumped off a 45+ foot cliff into the Caribbean ocean....there is a bar at the top of the cliff where people sit and watch the cliff jumpers...NO ONE jumped that day but me !!!!

Back on the ship I ran into a family from Holland that were sitting at that bar...they wouldn't stop complimenting me. And when I told them my age, that really put them over the top.

Bottom line....I lost 3 lbs !!! And to think it was just a few years ago I could not carry groceries into the house without having to sit down to catch my breath....not to mention my cardiac issues, diabetes, etc, etc......

Am I bragging?? YOU BET!!! It just doesn't get any better than this...and I have to give all the credit to my Lap Band Surgery....without it, I'd probably be dead....no exaggeration.

Only thing is, with all the booze I consumed over the last 10 days, I need to go on a "Cleanse" including extra time in the sauna to sweat it out of my system.

You are my hero.

@@B-52

And so it goes....just another great story! I'll never get tired of reading how much our surgeries have changed lives. Congrats on leading the pack during your mountain climbing!!! I haven't tried that....yet.

Keep telling it B52, you are the poster boy for Lapband Surgery. At age 68 I am so excited about life now that I can enjoy doing things. We are leaving tomorrow for our Alaskan Cruise, I am going to ride horses I Skagway while my husband takes a train ride (he loves trains). 3 years ago I wouldn't have even considered doing the cruise .

as a side note, I had to unload horse feed the other day, husband has been under the weather. I picked up a 50# bag and it was pretty heavy but I thought to myself wow I used to carry that much and more on my body every day. Thank God for lapband and my surgeon I no longer carry that burden. Glad to see these positive stories.

So, even leaner and meaner then, eh? Way to go! Thanks for the inspiration this morning.

Awesome.....Good for you and great job! Motivation right there!!!