Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have any of you found any of the fancy scales out there particularly helpful? Those that measure muscle mass, body fat %, etc? Do these even work? My instinct is to ignore them and go with the cheapest available, unless any of these have been particularly helpful to any of you? Thanks!

I just have a regular scale. I think it is weight watchers brand. I am more about just dropping the pounds at this point. I may invest in a fancier scale later on when I am closer to my goal weight.

My nutritionist wanted me to have one that measures body fat percentage. Even though it's probably not *that* accurate, I'm only comparing it to itself, so I can at least see that i'm lowering my body fat over time, even if the actual reading isn't correct. Every time she asks me to report my weight in a follow-up, she asks for my body fat percentage from the scale as well. This is the one I have:

http://smile.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Capacity-Recognition-Technology/dp/B004L6NTHU/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1439580514&sr=1-1&keywords=body+fat+scale

I just have a regular digital scale with .2 increments.

I've been wondering about this, too. Our scale was my husband's before we got together and is fairly old for a digital scale, so I question how accurate it is and want a new one. But I'm stuck on whether to get one that measures body fat or not.

I threw my last scale away. I was angry and threw it in the trash. Every time I weighed myself (even seconds apart), the scale gave a different reading. It had no accuracy. I found one that was consistent and had an accuracy down to 0.2 pounds. The scale I now use is a Beurer Model BF-66 which I purchased at Bed Bath and Beyond.

I have a fancy digital scale that does jumping jacks and whistles "Dixie", but the only feature that I pay any attention to is just my weight.

I'm thinking about getting rid of my scale when I start my liver shrink. I've spent too much of my life basing my success and failure on that number. And quite honestly, if I don't see the weight loss I'm supposed to have this compulsive, binge eater begins to use some inappropriate and potentially harmful anorexic behaviors. Hope my NUT is cool with that. I know it will drive me crazy but I think that it will be a good part of a total lifestyle change for me.

JamieLogical- love the second picture on your link where the person is standing on the scale and pressing a button! ROFL! (If I could get off the floor by myself, that is!).

I think one of my NSV's would be doing what that picture shows!! ????????

Just ordered/received an EatSmart from Amazon for a fair price. It had good reviews and does have Body Fat, Water % Bone mass, etc. I just wanted it primarily for the weight, to replace a very old scale. All the bells and whistles may not be accurate, but it's only for at home use and a good starting point, and my kids think its cool! It programs up to 8 people, so it will be good for all of us!