Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do I need a Pizza Funeral

Okay any past the purée stage. Will I be able to eat pizza Again? I'm really wanting a bite as soon as I can return to regular foods. I'm only 14 days post op but I want to look forward to a slice.

I am almost 4 months out and still haven't tried. I am terrified of bread!

For what it's worth, I'm 9 months out and have been able to enjoy pizza for the last 3 or so. Thin crust, and usually not even a whole slice...and not always. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes I regret the choice, but for the most part, pizza is in my life now and then :)

I'm about 4 month post-op and I have had pizza several times with out too much trouble. It has to be thin crust and I can only have one little square, but it doesn't make me throw up or anything. I waited maybe 2 months after surgery befor I tried a slice. Everyone is different though, so you'll have to test the waters for yourself to see what you can handle. Just don't over do it. Good luck! :)

Okay any past the purée stage. Will I be able to eat pizza Again? I'm really wanting a bite as soon as I can return to regular foods. I'm only 14 days post op but I want to look forward to a slice.

I found flatbread to make pizza. I think the brand was flatout. They turned out really good. I think they were around 15g carbs, so if I were to make them I would make sure to plan the rest of my day and watch my carbs.

One thing I've done since my sleeve surgery is to make chicken-crust pizza. Some recipes just said to pound out chicken breast, but I followed another to get more flavor. I took some raw chicken, threw it in a food processor with an egg, some garlic, herbs and a little parmesan cheese and processed it. Then scooped it onto a (foil covered) cookie sheet and pressed it flat and baked it for a while, flipped it over and baked it some more (drying some of the juices with a paper towel). Then topped it with my sauce and toppings and cooked until done. It was really good and lots of Protein.

Another option I've seen is a cauliflower (and cheese) crust, but it uses a lot of cheese, so I haven't tried it yet.

One thing I've done since my sleeve surgery is to make chicken-crust pizza. Some recipes just said to pound out chicken breast, but I followed another to get more flavor. I took some raw chicken, threw it in a food processor with an egg, some garlic, herbs and a little parmesan cheese and processed it. Then scooped it onto a (foil covered) cookie sheet and pressed it flat and baked it for a while, flipped it over and baked it some more (drying some of the juices with a paper towel). Then topped it with my sauce and toppings and cooked until done. It was really good and lots of Protein.

Another option I've seen is a cauliflower (and cheese) crust, but it uses a lot of cheese, so I haven't tried it yet.

that chicken idea sounds good, I'll have to try it. I've done the cauliflower crust once before but it uses alot of cheese so I haven't done it since surgery. I haven't found a recipe with less cheese, but I'm still looking. I guess an idea could be not to put cheese on top since it's in the crust.

I'm 7 weeks out and have had pizza already - super saucy, not a ton of meat toppings, didn't eat the top crust...but I have enjoyed 1 small slice on two separate occasions.

I've done it all--toppings off regular pizza, cauliflower crust, flat out bread pizza, even a small slice of thin crust regular pizza and last night most of a small piece of regular crust pizza. I am over a year and a half out and on maintenance (and since I run a lot I actually am at the point I need to be conscious to avoid losing).

Haven't tried the chicken crust though! That sounds really good im gonna try that!!!

Anyhow, you will be able to to pizza again, in small amounts and as long as you make sure to include it in your plan. Bread for the most part doesn't sit well with me unless it's crisp/toasted so I can't do really doughy crust but anything else I can do in moderation.

I have had pizza since week 7, never had any problems. Be careful of the calories though!

I didn't have bread of any kind until 7 months post op. I am 8 months post op now and have had pizza once. Bread and Pasta no longer appeal to me. I figure if I've gone this long without why start now. I don't miss those foods one bit. :) The plus side to all of this is I am no longer hungry and have no cravings.

I'm 5 months out and eat pizza. Thin crust. I get pepperoni. Or sausage. Even ham. I also eat the lean cuisine pizza for lunch occasionally

I've enjoyed the crust my daughter doesn't eat. Trying to stay away the best I can. pizza and soda is what cause my weight gain in the beginning.