Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So clearly I must have had an attachment to my FUPA....now that I'm down 80 lbs....I feel like I should still be shopping in the plus size section...but all their pants have that extra FUPA space I don't need...and I look super crazy wearing these pants with all this extra FUPA space....I guess I must be scared to go to the non plus size section...but I think its finally time to detach myself from the FUPA pants!

Enjoy, I just about had a happy breakdown at Kohl's the first time I went out shopping in the "normal" size section. I was struggling with believing I could do that and people weren't looking at me like I either got lost on the way to the "women's" section, was shopping for a gift for my thin friend, etc. That being my new normal was actually kind of hard to deal with, even though it was happy-making too. I know I am rambling . . . have a great time shopping!

I know, recently bought a t-shirt at a normal JC Penny and then at a Target store (have gone from a 3XL to an XL), was shocked and awed by the experience, felt like a shoplifter!

I still feel weird walking into the "normal" clothing stores at the mall now. I feel like everyone is looking at me and thinks I'm too big to be shopping there. For so many years, I could only shop at Lane Bryant and the plus size sections of the anchor stores (Macy's, Sears, Penney's, etc.). So I never even walked into stores like The Limited, New York & Company, etc. Now I go in there and I feel like I'm doing something wrong and all eyes are on me!

@@caligul

WooHoo! congrats on being out of the plus size dept. Be ready for the sales people and customers to look at you crazy when you try to shop plus size.

So clearly I must have had an attachment to my FUPA....now that I'm down 80 lbs....I feel like I should still be shopping in the plus size section...but all their pants have that extra FUPA space I don't need...and I look super crazy wearing these pants with all this extra FUPA space....I guess I must be scared to go to the non plus size section...but I think its finally time to detach myself from the FUPA pants!

I laughed until I cried ????????when I saw you talk about FUPA!!

That dang Draya rubs off on everyone ????????

LOL about using the acronym "FUPA"!!! Draya...love BB wives ;)

@@caligul

Congrats on venturing into what I fondly call "The other Side of Dress Barn"! For years my only stores were Lane Bryant & Dress Barn, and I dreamed of the day I could stroll about any store I wanted and be able to wear some of those cute outfits. But... oddly enough, when it happened to me, it was a near panic attack when I walked into Dress Barn and instinctively went to the right side of the store, only to find out nothing fit me any more. I cautiously wandered over to the left side & immediately convinced myself that nothing would possibly fit- everything looked so small! It'll get easier, I promise! The only thing I still can't get used to is actually having to try stuff on- that was always a nightmare for me & I got really good at eyeballing what would fit and what wouldn't at those stores. Strange how the clothes I was so eager to wave goodbye to were actually such a source of comfort to me in a weird way. I still have a few of my original clothes & try them on from time to time to remind myself of how hard I've worked and that this life is way better than that one was! :)