Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Konjac noodles/pasta/rice?

Has anyone tried pasta/rice/noodles made from konjac plant?

There's a brand called Better Than that sells this and claims it has zero carbs, sugar or fat. Sounds like a healthy way to enjoy those foods post-sleeve if you choose to.

Any experiences with them?

Tried them a few weeks ago thinking as you they would be a healthy thing to eat. Tasteless, and very slippery slimy in your mouth. Frankly they were so distasteful I could not eat them.

I tried them as well and thought they were dreadful. No flavour at all and slimy - couldn't see the point of eating them.

Same as above ... tried konjac noodles and they were nasty: very slimy and they were in a liquid that had a nasty, fishy smell. The packaging said to rinse them and the smell would disappear but I rinsed, and rinsed, and rinsed some more. And they still stunk to high heaven! I don't eat fish of any description, so it was really horrible. Add to that the slimy texture and I have to say it was probably one of the worst foods I've ever eaten!

I like them if they are mixed with ground turkey and Tomato sauce! I would never eat them plain though. And you do have to rinse them really well.

they are based off the asian food of konjaku, which is somewhat of a terror to children in asian countries, known for its slimy texture and horrid taste.

You can make rice out of Cauliflower and you can get a spiral cutter and make you noodles out of zucchini. Rather tastie...you can also get spaghetti squash.......all healthy.

You can make rice out of Cauliflower and you can get a spiral cutter and make you noodles out of zucchini. Rather tastie...you can also get spaghetti squash.......all healthy.

Have been making rice with cauliflower for years, love it!

Thanks for the input everyone. :)

I tried the fettuccine noodles and couldn't get past the slippery feeling in my mouth. I think if I had tried the thinner angle hair version, I might have liked them better. And as stated above, rinse them thoroughly before cooking. They smell pretty bad right out of the bag, but Water washes away the smell.

theres a company that makes noodles and stuff out of a mushrooms. no smell and it isn't slimy. I think its called miracle noodle.

Yes, I do the cauliflower rice thing...very tasty. And works well with the healthy Indian and Thai food I now cook. Spaghetti squash is ok but I'm not a huge fan of the flavour. If I'm making something with a slightly Italian flavour, I prefer the zucchini spirals.