Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 1 year and im not where i should be

Ugh im so frustrated and getting upset

What am i doing wrong?

Actually i probably know what.

Okay here we go

Im 10 months post op at the end of the month 1 week ago i was 194lbs. Today im 198lbs. I wasn't going to weight myself but i did at the gym scale and i think it was wrong so i weighed myself at my home scale which may be wrong too i dont know but its the one ive been using.

Anyway

I know it cant be my exercise. I workout 4 times a week. I take bodycombat (a mixed martial arts class) which is a high intense cardio class. And a core training class.

So im pretty set on exercise.

Can it be that i dont measure my food?

I honestly just pack my lunch (a "normal" portion) and i just listen to my stomach to when im full. And i snack in between probably too much

7am i eat half a sandwich (flax and whole wheat bread flats with turkey and cheese)

Around 9 i snack usually wheat thins with a triangle laughing cow cheese

12 i have lunch usually a salad.

3 i go home and its all down hill sometimes ill snack on smart pop or nuts or apples sometimes a peotein shake.

As im typing this i realized i dint do Protein shakes as much as i should?

Should i still be doing 2-3 shakes a day?

Any suggestions?

What do you eat thats been helpful?

My schedule is usually the same. I work 7-3 and i go to the gym between 5-7 and i try not to eat past 7.

I have atleast 40oz of Water a day.

HELP!!!!

PS my doctors goal is a lower BMI which would be 170lbs.

Here's what I suggest. First, find an app where you can track your calories. I use My Fitness Pal. At 10 months out, you should be at around 1000 calories a day. With your excerise, maybe a little more. Use the app.

Measure your portions. I know it's a pain, but break out your measuring cups and spoons. Eating til full might be causing you to inadvertently over eat.

Get rid of the bread and crackers for now. You have plenty of time to eat that stuff once you get closer to goal and beyond. Right now you want weight loss, and those may be hindering you. Concentrate on lean protien and veggies (and a little fruit) right now. Eat clean. No processed food, and Snacks should consist of nuts, fruits, or cheese.

Try that for a week or 2 and I'll bet you'll lose weight.

Repeat.

:)

Cut the carbs.

Agreed.

But, also make sure you are getting enough Protein. If you don't measure your food how do you know if you are reaching your Protein goal?

What does you NUT advise?

Only 40 oz of Water a day is too low. Especially if you are exercising.

Here's what I suggest. First, find an app where you can track your calories. I use My Fitness Pal. At 10 months out, you should be at around 1000 calories a day. With your excerise, maybe a little more. Use the app.

Measure your portions. I know it's a pain, but break out your measuring cups and spoons. Eating til full might be causing you to inadvertently over eat.

Get rid of the bread and crackers for now. You have plenty of time to eat that stuff once you get closer to goal and beyond. Right now you want weight loss, and those may be hindering you. Concentrate on lean protien and veggies (and a little fruit) right now. Eat clean. No processed food, and Snacks should consist of nuts, fruits, or cheese.

Try that for a week or 2 and I'll bet you'll lose weight.

Repeat.

:)

Thanks! I know i should be measureing but likw you said its a pain. Also how do I know what i should be eating (measureing wise)i have no clue where to start.

Cut the carbs.

Agreed.

But, also make sure you are getting enough Protein. If you don't measure your food how do you know if you are reaching your Protein goal?

What does you NUT advise?

Only 40 oz of Water a day is too low. Especially if you are exercising.

I just emailed her and got it returned so im guessing its a wrong email. Also yeah Water is still hard for me to get. Mainly because im always crazy busy at work so water is unfortunately the last thing on my mind. And i have no clue how to even begin on measureing food and such.

Hmmm...

The rest of my post disappeared.

You need more Protein, less snacky food. Where's the meat? The Protein source? Complex carbs?

Laughing cows are delicious with celery or pepper strips. Nuts are good, apples are eh.... cheese is great, eggs, shrimp, Jerky, chicken, hummus, edamame, yogurt (which I hate).

My Snacks are usually shrimp salad, olives, cheese cubes, almonds, reduced fat beef hot dogs, refried black Beans with cheese with red peppers as the dipper. Pickles for salty crunch, ham or crab salad for indulgent spread, artichoke dip or crab dip with veggies. Riceless sushi, crab legs, chicken salad.

Get rid of common carbs for a few weeks. You'll live.

And drink Water. Lots of it.

To measure food, start with reading labels. If you are eating anything packaged the serving size/amount is on the label. You can use measuring cups, spoons, and a food scale to measure everything else. Ex. One single-serve container of yogurt just read the label. One serving out of a tub of yogurt you can use a measuring cup or measuring spoons.

An app like MyFitnessPal is great because you can look up all kinds of foods (restaurant meals, name breads, and even homemade foods). You can also add your own if you have your own recipes, etc.

Protein is so critical. Even if you don't focus on other things, at least making sure you count your Protein so you get enough will be a big help for you.

My protein goal is 100 grams a day. If I didn't track it in MyFitnessPal, I would never be able to keep up with how much I had and how much I still needed. My memory isn't that good.

Hmmm...

The rest of my post disappeared.

You need more Protein, less snacky food. Where's the meat? The Protein source? Complex carbs?

Laughing cows are delicious with celery or pepper strips. Nuts are good, apples are eh.... cheese is great, eggs, shrimp, Jerky, chicken, hummus, edamame, yogurt (which I hate).

My Snacks are usually shrimp salad, olives, cheese cubes, almonds, reduced fat beef hot dogs, refried black Beans with cheese with red peppers as the dipper. Pickles for salty crunch, ham or crab salad for indulgent spread, artichoke dip or crab dip with veggies. Riceless sushi, crab legs, chicken salad.

Get rid of common carbs for a few weeks. You'll live.

And drink Water. Lots of it.

Sounds amazing! Yeah my protein has been chicken and shrimp. But noone has ever suggested any of the things youve named thanks! And yeah i was trying to follow a nonWLS friends diet that went well for her but i guess not me

Thanks!

To measure food, start with reading labels. If you are eating anything packaged the serving size/amount is on the label. You can use measuring cups, spoons, and a food scale to measure everything else. Ex. One single-serve container of yogurt just read the label. One serving out of a tub of yogurt you can use a measuring cup or measuring spoons.

An app like MyFitnessPal is great because you can look up all kinds of foods (restaurant meals, name breads, and even homemade foods). You can also add your own if you have your own recipes, etc.

Protein is so critical. Even if you don't focus on other things, at least making sure you count your protein so you get enough will be a big help for you.

My protein goal is 100 grams a day. If I didn't track it in MyFitnessPal, I would never be able to keep up with how much I had and how much I still needed. My memory isn't that good.

Thanka for the post im definitely going to keep track now and hopefully this will be my solution.

@@Aribay1

Do you know approximately how much you can eat before you're full? How many ounces or like 1/4 cup?

Use your measure thingies to find out. And then measure out less to eat and stop when your SATISFIED, not full. Does that make sense?

The reason only eating until satsfied and not full makes sense is believe it or not, as the years go by, it will take more to make us full. Then we are eating more. Then gaining weight. Great restriction isn't going to last forever. Unless you're Lipsticklady.

:P

Hi Chrissy,

That's an excellent weight loss! I was banded the day after you but done by Dr. Rumbaut. Today I'm celebrating three weeks post op and 20 pounds off. And here you have 6 more pounds off than me! Just goes to show how everyone's journey is different from everyone elses. Congrats to you and keep up the good work!

Lori in Oregon

Dr. Rumbaut 07/09/03 (265/245/140)

I know 100% im eating way more then I should be. But I am really excited to try out my fitness pal app! I guess itll take some time to get use to it

Hi Chrissy,

That's an excellent weight loss! I was banded the day after you but done by Dr. Rumbaut. Today I'm celebrating three weeks post op and 20 pounds off. And here you have 6 more pounds off than me! Just goes to show how everyone's journey is different from everyone elses. Congrats to you and keep up the good work!

Lori in Oregon

Dr. Rumbaut 07/09/03 (265/245/140)

I know 100% im eating way more then I should be. But I am really excited to try out my fitness pal app! I guess itll take some time to get use to it

It does, but you can do it! I promise you'll see the benefit from it.

Lots of great ideas and suggestions, my fitness pal is awesome, might also look at Protein Bars for your mid morning Snacks, I was sleeved 2/2 and am often full at 1/2 a bar. Best of luck, you can do it!